So happy Twisting Corridors is still broken

So time and time and time and time again during MONTHS of beta-testing I and many other players complained that Twisting Corridors is horribly tuned. In any given run the difficulty level jumps from floor to floor are completely unpredictable, and a run that you can easily breeze through from floor 1-15 with no issue suddenly becomes maddeningly difficult if not straight up impossible by floor 16-18.

You end up spending HOURS upon hours in a single run with NO WAY to predict whether or not you will actually be able to finish it by the time you get to the higher floors, which is incredibly stupid game design. It is impossible to predict how difficult the run will become by floor 15 or higher when you can easily roll through the first floors without any difficulty. it provides NO feedback and NO frame of reference for what to expect, or whether it will be a complete waste of half your day.

I just went into a Layer 1 Twisting Corridors - at the exact same time another Affliction lock from my guild with the exact same ilvl as I have went into his own run. We were neck-in-neck the entire run, always either on the same floor or right about to head up to the same floor.

I get all the way to the final boss on floor 18 with only one death from my own stupidity - I try over and over and over to defeat The Grand Malleare without being able to get the dude below 70% before he just one-shots my voidwalker and one-shots me. I fail the run. My guild-mate on the other hand easily one-shots his final boss, gets the achiev, and completes the Bolvar quest.

We both entered our runs at 2:17pm. We both finished at close to 4:30pm.
That’s over TWO HOURS of our playtime committed to a single Twisting Corridors run with one of us coming out easily on the other end, and one of us being repeatedly rofl-stomped into the ground at floor 18 and coming out with LITERALLY NOTHING to show for it.

This content is UNBALANCED. It is UNACCEPTABLE that you pushed it live in this state. It is UNFAIR and UNREASONABLE to expect people to invest two+ hours of their life into something with NO WAY to know if they’re going to be able to finish it. It is ABSURD that our ability to finish it is based entirely off the RNG of which wing or final boss we end up in on Floor 18 and how overtuned that particular boss is vs others we could have gotten.

Time after time on beta when I had this experience, I could literally turn around - head right back in - and breeze through all 18 floors in a second run just because I was lucky enough to get a different end-boss who wasn’t overpowered garbage.

This is simply not acceptable game design.
It is not acceptably or reasonable balanced content.
People have been telling you this for almost 5 months now and you have done NOTHING to address it.

FIX. TWISTING. CORRIDORS.
You claim this is a ‘challenge mode;’
If that is the case, the challenge should be our own skill and ability,
NOT dealing with your RNG nonsense and inability to tune the bosses’ difficulty to be in line with each other.

326 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319904.4/liveblog-of-the-shadowlands-sloot-interview-dec-14-with-ion-hazzikostas

The version of Twisted Corridors that players are going to see on live is much harder than Beta. Layer 1 of Twisting Corridors is starting off much harder than Layer 1 of the other wings. 18 floors per Layer is a lot, and they may revisit this in the future but wanted to get live data. There are other cosmetics in the Twisted Corridors, and it’s little bit of a one-and-done like the Mage Tower. It’s supposed to be hard and in the future they can expand it.

He said the live version of twisting corridors is harder than it was on beta

This is working as intended

25 Likes

Yeah I’m definitely never doing it once I eventually decide on a main if that’s the case I ain’t spending 2 hours in boreghast only to get screwed over by rng

28 Likes

Did he complete it with the exact same class and final boss as op? You obviously didn’t even read it they clearly mentioned their friend destroyed the final boss because they got an easy final boss meanwhile they ended up with one of the overtuned ones

8 Likes

Oh I’m sorry for not sucking up too blizzard and defending their terrible decisions and lack of tuning

46 Likes

I wouldn’t call it “easy”, but it is manageable with decent build.
I sadly wiped on final boss with 2% due to growing stacks, but this time i am actually building properly and not skipping first 5-6 floors.

3 Likes

Playing a tank. After 18 floors I had a total of 60 Anima powers. People in chat talking about having over 100 at that time. One guy was starting floor 8 with and had 65 Anima powers. Guess I got screwed. So last boss made me his little beep. He had 3m hp and my dps was topping out at 12k. Boss reached 14 stacks and there was nothing I could do. Logged off.
Not wasting another 3 hours for same result
Guess I’ll finish this closer to next xpack

45 Likes

Rng of anima powers are very upsetting. Finishing torghast depends on anima powers, not player skill. I die to last boss, i go in again , i get better anima powers with luck, then i kill last boss without problem.
This is wrong.
I am ok with killing it at 2nd or 3rd week, but there must be a consistency and progression maybe. this is just straight up rng.

57 Likes

If you are defending twisting corridors in the slightest you either haven’t done it yet, or got lucky powers/bosses on your run. Your opinion is biased and invalid. Please take your shilling elsewhere. For those of you who have decent concerns, I found that taking defensive powers is helpful to mitigate the frustration. It takes longer and isn’t very fun, but makes it more doable.

Hope this gets nerfed

70 Likes

I cannot believe they tied a questline to this. I believe all that say its busted. I was expecting it to be very challenging but not on layer 1 with a quest tied to it.

23 Likes

let it give WEEKLY item rewards ffs

1 Like

There are issues with it.

My first run went well till the last boss. He one shots me and near one shots my pet. Even still I got him to 3% on one run and 4% on the next.

My second run today was much easier to the point that I was at 100% health the entire fight and I never needed to cast mend pet at all.

For any hunter I’d suggest your normal build but also picking up as many max health traits as possible combined with as many 5% leech effect when attacking.

8 Likes

Gets people playing longer. Fail a run, try again and again until you get good RNG.

6 Likes

Ya man, bad
 when u you get like 25 placeholder power bugs that completely kills your run that makes players bad too.

1 Like

Let us know how that goes. I was playing as Guardian Druid and rolled through every floor up to 18, then faced a boss with 3 million HP and couldn’t get him below 2 million before he started chunking me for 40k hits when I had about 200k HP with anima powers (it was Maw of the Maw so he ate my obleron). That’s not “difficult” or “challenging” content, that’s just impossible.

35 Likes

Malmsteen = nothing but a troll and doesn’t have the slightest understanding of why and how the problem exist.

6 Likes
  1. No one ever said people are entitled to rewards if they can’t do the content.
  2. The rewards are COSMETIC and irrelevant to the discussion.

The issue is that people’s ability to do the content should not be RANDOMLY DECIDED based on RNG and poorly tuned end-bosses. Work on your reading comprehension before you presume to belittle others.

1. ALL wings of Torghast, including Twisting Corridors, are - by design - supposed to scale for solo-5 player groups.

2. Depending on which combination of wings you get in which order, and which final boss you get on floor 18, it is entirely possible to solo. Again, the RNG being the determining factor after putting 2 or more hours into a run is the issue.

14 Likes

Damn it CDPR and you delayed it to then you give us this
thing
oh wait this is a small indie company so cut them some slack I’m sure this being a fresh game and first expansion they learned that player feed back is very important and should listen to it

4 Likes

so you’re saying the op who played is wrong but you didn’t but you’re “buddy” did and said it was easy

the blizzard boot lickers will defend anythings, it’s cute although pathetic.

1 Like

My buddy say it hard and unbalance, so therefore my buddy is right and your buddy is wrong.

11 Likes