So Enchanters are out of luck until DF? Seems unfair to them

Professions

• Fixed an issue where Shadowlands enchants could not be applied to Enchanting vellums.
  • Developers’ note: This fix will temporarily prevent enchants that were available prior to Shadowlands from being applied to Enchanting vellums. This new issue will be fixed shortly after the release of Dragonflight.

So basically enchanters are SOL until Dragonflight? That seems like a bad way to treat them…I mean yeah they can still enchant items but not being able to enchant vellum and sell that on the AH is unfair to make them wait until DF to fix it imo.

4 Likes

As long as the Blizzard friends, family and people in the know were able to amass vast stockpiles of scrolls to cash in on, that’s all that matters i guess :joy:

2 Likes

It IS unacceptable!!!

Glide was the same for MONTHS and then RANDOMLY CHANGED to be “BALANCED”.

It’s time to “BALANCE” demon hunters and their DISGUSTINGLY IMBALANCED “DOESNT BELONG IN WOW” DOUBLE JUMP!

FOR THE GLORY OF BAALNCE!

It’s kinda funny to sit back and watch as an engineer, we had our goblin gliders disabled inside instanced content in order to make demon hunters feel special :joy:

5 Likes

Which is also insanely unfair. Like that’s so dumb.

Someone found a fix:

Thank the originator, and share far and wide!

Pathetic that players had to solve before blizz did.
But at least there is this.

5 Likes

Fitting a warlock would bring up things crippled to make demon hunters feel special.

2 Likes

Dude, you got soar and hover. Dhs do not. Your mobility skills are broken as a caster.

Wrong. Gliders were disabled because people abused them in instances to get out of bounds and to other places of the dungeons later on for farming. It got out of hand when everyone knew.

3 Likes

I had one in my bags and I wasn’t able to enchant vellums. I will try putting the army knife into the bank and reputting it in my bags.

Or vendor it and buy it back.

Thanks for the info.

SOAR???

SOAR IS LITERALLY USELESS! It’s a worse version of base dragonriding everyone gets AND IS NOT A COMBAT PASSIVE

Next up we’re going to talk about the pvp advantages of Vulpera’s teleport camps!!!

2 Likes

You have other mobility skills. Hover on 30sec CD with 2 charges lasting 10seconds, the fly with ally, the fly to ally to heal them…you really don’t need double jump.

3 Likes

I feel like they don’t even like the class that they created for the expansion.

I know I don’t

1 Like

There’s this…

They keep telling the guy to make a runed copper rod, not the same thing!!

Next time I log in I’m gonna have to remember to mail my ultimate gnomish army knife to my enchanter and see what happens…

Before this hotfix, nobody could apply an SL enchant to a vellum. Would a solution that didn’t need a workaround at all be best, certainly. But I highly suspect there are 10x the number of players looking for SL enchants at this stage than the combined need for enchants older than that. If the full solution requires enough time that it can’t be done before a few weeks into DF, it’s probably better to meet the more immediate need of players being able to apply current enchants to vellums.

Too little, too late. I don’t even care about this anymore. I’m glad that people can enchant their gear now, but they had like a week to fix this and I’ve already taken my break until DF is out. So good job Blizz. :+1:

2 Likes

I just tried the Gnomish Army Knife trick, and it works perfectly.

3 Likes

Oh no, 4 days, whatever will you do?

3 Likes

i for one am furious about missing out on the +16 haste on my ring that i’ll be replacing Monday

actually i just realized I had like a dozen celestial guidance scrolls on one of my characters, and that’s the only really expensive one now, so I’m good after all

1 Like

Agreed.

Enchanters shouldn’t be treated like trash.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

It was longer than 4 days and its still unacceptable to basically say “too bad. wait for a fix.”

2 Likes