Runed Enchanting Rod

I just trained ‘Enchanting’ on a new character. It requires a “Runed Enchanting Rod”, which the vendor does not sell, the trainer did not give me a plan for. I tried looking this problem up on wowhead, and the rest of the internet. There is no info on this, and I can not craft. Is this a Bug?

Hey Ghonazmashyu!

Not a bug! This is part of the enchanting process - you make your own Runed Copper Rod to start the profession. This answer from Wowhead should hopefully help:

“Enchanters need a Runed Copper Rod in order to perform any enchanting or disenchanting function (other than creating a Runed Copper Rod from the required mats). So this will be your first enchantment. Enchantment vendors carry the copper rod (no limit, but you only need one), and the two required enchantment mats in limited quantities. FWIW, you will get a skill-up making this.”

8 Likes

Following up on Naviriel’s answer, I think the confusion stems from the fact that the Runed Copper Rod recipe is filtered out by default. You need to open the Enchanting menu, click Filter, then click Classic, then you should see the recipe as described by Naviriel.

Hope this helps!

29 Likes

Buying a Gnomish Army Knife on the auction house, they’re usually cheap and provide the tools needed for every profession.

Thank you so much this solved my “issues” immediately!!

1 Like

I have the same problem but can’t put the enchant on a velum tells me target too low

mmmm well for my side, I’m doing all that they say, but I’m still not able to do any enchanting, I’, 14 skills, but I need the Runed Enchanting Rod to do it.

I hope this helps you! It took me too long to figure it out lol https://youtu.be/EKFFjtui3Oc also https://www.wowhead.com/item=201601/runed-serevite-rod#comments whats crap about that is it is only in Dragonflight area /facepalm So that’s fun!

1 Like

Except the copper rod needed for the runed enchanting rod.

Includes Gyromatic Micro Adjuster, Arclight Spanner, Jeweler’s Toolset, Blacksmithing hammer, back scratcher, and whirly thing.

My enchanters don’t have a runed enchanting rod, the Gnomish Army Knife provides that effect. Same as not needing a philosopher’s stone for alchemy, a skinning knife, or jewelcrafter’s kit. It doesn’t say every effect it does, but it literally provides everything for every profession.

I made a runed copper rod and was able to enchant the classic stuff just fine without the Army Knife or a Rune Enchanting Rod

Must just be a bug that needs fixed

You were dead on . Thank you

Just a heads up. I spent over a hour looking for this item, But it doesn’t exist. It is a Runed Copper Rod. They messed up big time putting the wrong words in there.

There are multiple variants of runed enchanting rods.