So.. did everyone lose on the new set bonuses?

I dunno the hunter, shaman sets are pretty insane. We have guildies bringing back dead alts because they are now insanely viable again.

What’s that?!

A reocurring midboss that everyone tries to forget.

Rend is way better developed.

2 Likes

dont know if blood won or not
Blood

• (2) Set Bonus: Heart Strike and Blood Boil deal 20% increased damage and have a 10% chance to grant Vampiric Blood for 5 seconds.
  • (4) Set Bonus: When you would gain Vampiric Blood you are infused with Vampiric Strength, granting you 10% Strength for 5 seconds. Your Heart Strike and Blood Boil extend the duration of Vampiric Strength by 0.5 seconds.

I say a win as Blood DK already uses all that in their rotations.

if it take the vampiric skill not the proc on cd when this procs
might not be good

True. This will require live testing to see which it does.

I was initially like huh? No one uses Bloodthirst for Fury and now its a 4 piece bonus…

But after spending some time on warrior discord, the ones who know things set me straight.

Fury is gonna be top

The hunter season 2 tier bonuses are actually pretty decent. The affliction bonuses are horrendous.

I looked up and down WoWhead for 'em, couldn’t find 'em.

Feral’s looks very underwhelming.

We don’t currently struggle with building combo points… and managing having a cap on your CP is just part of playing a CP class. Over capping isn’t really a huge issue either – even during Incarn.

The set bonus basically has some RNG stacking AGI buff that has an increasingly high chance to reset as it builds, when it resets it gives you a buff that gives you one combo point every couple seconds and a small AGI buff. This is probably going to cause issues with randomly getting an extra CP you don’t need and over capping – especially during Incarn.

In patch 10.0.7 they’re reworking Incarn to allow Feral to overcap combo points – and nerfing Relentless Predator because someone thought the rotation during Incarn was too repetitive (I personally loved it). This is prolly gonna make Bloodtalons mandatory again, create energy starvation issues during Incarn and reduce the number of FB’s we get off during incarn… lowering our burst damage.

So… in short – They’re creating a new problem for feral in 10.1, with the set bonus that doesn’t address any current feral problems and trying to solve this new problem in 10.0.7 with a pretty lame set of changes that near as I can tell — nobody asked for and once again doesn’t solve any actual problems that feral has, and is likely going to create new problems as well.

Feral is probably gonna be fine regardless – so it’s not the end of the world… I’m mostly just sitting here like “…why is this the direction we went lol?”

Assassination Rogue sounds kinda cracked though. Was basically 30% extra damage on their Rupture and Crimson Tempest – and 40% more nature damage after Deathmark for a bit. Not sure what that looks like numbers wise, but it has pazazz.

1 Like

rdruid looks really good
bear looks too good to be true
hpriest is good in raids

bm hunter is super boring but not terrible lol

2-pc elemental is awesome, sheer elegance in it’s simplicity
4-pc is tbd.
Over-capping on maelstrom, and trying to find enough time to spend it all is already a concern with stormkeeper by itself, gaining more maelstrom from other generators immediately afterwards is the last thing on most player’s minds. But there are situations during weaving where the extra maelstrom will be very welcome, not just smoothing but ensuring a rotation that otherwise might be a gamble.
20% extra crit damage on aoe abilities will be interesting if it includes the Chain Lightning/Lava Beam casts enhanced by stormkeeper. It’ll certainly help incentivize critical strike gear options during the season.

As a whole current is great with a few caveats that need looking at. 10.1 set bonus looks trash. 7-8 DP cast for 5 second bender. Very underwhelming.

Bear set has my bird standing straight up.

1 Like

I never thought too much about set bonuses. It’s just like a get what you get type thing. Who really cares?

1 Like

If it said “when you would cast Vampiric Blood” instead of “when you would gain Vampiric Blood” it would be more ambiguous but as it is I’m very sure it works on both.

Making you have to use a defensive skill on cooldown for DPS gain is a questionable choice tho.

Holy priest. For raiding, at any rate. Both bonuses are soooo good.

I’ve heard that resto druid is pretty good as well.

At least your tier looks good. Mine is garbo

blood dk stonks are egregiously enormous, good god, especially in comparison to most of the others

Survival’s tier adversely put the entire sv discord channel on unalive watch, and on fire, all at once, big sad