So, collecting things is a mental disorder now?

Ok for you Unian I see this personally (I’m no doctor either) as two ways of things. There is obsessive collecting which could be considered an addiction. Like if your willing to give up your job or well being to obtain something which for most would never be the case.

Then there is collecting for a semblance of satisfaction or order. Basically a hobby. You collect stuff because it’s something you can do in your leisure and have control over getting it, it also allows you to set small goals to take smaller steps and still progress.

My best example for myself is my comp is crap and I work almost 60 random hours a week so I cant raid or have a set playtime schedule. So I decided to level one of every class to max level. I set goals certain classes this far etc. Now I’m doing class mounts on them all 3 at a time. It let’s me set minor goals for collecting stuff myself and gives me a sense of enjoy when I finish. I dont plan on playing many of my alts after I finish but it’s just something I wanted to do.

Not to mention the fact that some of us like to level and lock at 60 to keep role playing that character in classic content. I had probably 50 or so characters locked at 60 over two wow accounts, but only because I ran out of room on my main account.

For me, im gonna try new specs that arent blizzard sanctioned like 1h/shiels arms, 2h enhance, 2hand prot warrior and pally 1h/shield ret pally. Makes leveling little more interesting in modern wow.

Are you gonna lock toons at 49? Im debating doing that because i hate the fact blizzard is forcing you out of chromie time at 50.

I’m hoping they will add the option to lock at 50 in the dialog that will kick you.

“Oh hey, I remember you, you seem a lot stronger now, It’s time you come back and join the fight on the front lines.”

“Unless… unless you still have some unfinished business here?”

-Stay and lock experience gain- or -Start the intro to shadowlands-

3 Likes

MTG cards and WH40k are game pieces. As long as you use them as such, it’s not hypocritical.

Funko Pops don’t do anything. Having one or two as decoration is fine, but I also find it strange to have walls of them.

They have already confirmed that this will be an option.

1 Like

I know, I’m a hoarder. Have you seen my wardrobe?

The fact that you are even saying this means you are fabulous.

1 Like

But have they confirmed it is in the dialog with chromie as you hit 50? or do you manually have to go to the npc at 49?

I don’t know. No beta access.

My guess is, being a brand new system, they didn’t program a way for it to distinguish between a level 50 who belongs there and wants to finish the content and a level 50 who is a scaled-down 120 who should one-shot all of the raid bosses.

definitely. Im gonna see how many 60s I can undelete and run them up to 49 once the squish happens. Just leave them locked at 49 forever.

Ive put a ton of work into each character finding the perfect mogs. Spend hundreds of thousands of gold buying mogs off the AH plus the time investment into finding that one piece you cant buy but have to run quests for it.
Was not very happy about not being able to lock experience. Im not a twinker, so that crap doesnt matter to me. I just want to be able to lock in old content so I can run old dungeons whenever I want without having to level a character,which at some point would force me to start deleting the ones Ive spent so much time with.
Glad they reverted this nonsense and are letting us experience lock again

1 Like

No they just announced they fixed a bug where turning off your xp from slahtz and behsten allows you to use chromie

If people want over 50 characters then let them have it. I wouldn’t be snubbing anyone who is actually at max. The game has been out for almost 16 years… everyone plays differently.

Blizzard shouldn’t restrict players ability to play how they would like. This includes people who don’t have a high amount of alts. Some people like to play around with other specs. ** eyes narrow slightly ** You know where I am going with that one covenants.

As for the title it can become a mental disorder. Does no one remember Hoarders? Or American Pickers you see some people with junkyards full of stuff. It depends what extreme you are taking this to. How much storage you have also could play a big roll in how much junk you collect. When I see people that rent or buy storage just for the sake of not having enough room. I feel like that would be an alarm. I’m talking about smaller items here. You can’t take it all with you in the end. Never understood that fascination with it.

Some people like to collect things. They don’t have to have a secondary function to have value to some people.

Although I’m sure some Funko Pops are worth more $$ than others, so they do have a secondary value beyond collecting, just like Barbie or Cabbage Patch.

I personally collect video games.
I have stuff I haven’t played in years, possibly over a decade, but it doesn’t detract from their collectable status. In fact some are worth many times more than I paid for them, but I’ll probably never sell them because I enjoy owning and displaying them.

Also as someone else said, collecting things can be a mental disorder. It’s called being a hoarder. lol

1 Like

"It’s easy to find things to sell. Things nobody will miss. Things from underground, or just left lying around in someone’s house.

I bet the two of us, we’re very alike. So why not take the next step? We can help each other.

My sister Deeja and I are treasure hunters. We like to collect things."

Not generally. That is part of the literal definition of the term “addiction”. Something cannot be considered truly an addiction if it does not genuinely have a negative impact on your life in some way.

Your “explanation” is completely worthless. It’s equivalent to “Some people do things because they do.”

The relevant part would be why do they like collecting useless objects? Because they are shiny and pretty? Birds do that. Are you not better than a bird?

Aesthetics can matter, but there is a distinction between filling a space with an object you think is nice and creating a space to hold your objects. When your useless object collection progresses from “I have an empty spot on my shelf that this would look great in” to “I need to buy a shelf just for this stuff”, you have become a hoarder, not a collector.

Funko Pops are like beanie babies. No matter how much your trash cost, it has no worth.

I say this as someone who owns a couple Funko Pops. I’ve got Reinhart and Batman because I like them, but I don’t think they are going to buy me a mansion one day.

Not even a little bit the same thing.

You have an object with a function and decided not to throw it away the moment you stopped using it because it retains that function. I don’t throw my Dutch Oven in the trash when I finish cooking, even if I’m not going to use it for a while.

1 Like

Collecting things and being a hoarder are two different things entirely. The problem with hoarders is they can’t bear to part with stuff that is of no value to anyone. Just in case.

Spending years collecting rare mounts is not hoarding.

1 Like

This definition will not age well. When Blizzard finally announces WoW is being shut down for good, lots of people are going to transition from “collectors” to “hoarders” real quick.