So, collecting things is a mental disorder now?

Whenever there’s a topic up about wanting more character slots, people will comment.

You need help!

Are you really that dense? Collecting things is a normal hobby just like how some people collect bottle caps or plushies, or funko pops, or crystal figurines. Just because it’s digital doesn’t make it any different.

Having 50 characters in a game this old is hardly a feat.

You have an addiction!

How is having a hobby the same as having an addiction? Many of us ‘altoholics’ have functioning jobs and lives. An addiction generally means it disrupts your life and health.

The comments are rude, uncalled for and just plain idiotic.

80 Likes

Sorry if you heard some jerk saying that to you. (I assume this is the case.)

That being said, I believe like many other collectors, money and time must be spent in order to maintain a collection so, maybe buying another account can give you twice as much slots for your collection.

Increasing the character cap might be a solution, but I don’t think Blizz plans on changing that. Sorry.

9 Likes

Altoholic is a term playing off of an addiction. And you can have an addiction and have a job and life. Functional alcoholics exist.

27 Likes

It’s an addiction, if you have 50 charters and complain about wanting more charters you have a problem

19 Likes

Are you a licensed psychologist?

9 Likes

So, does grandma who has more than 50 teddybears also have an addiction?

5 Likes

That’s not a good comparison at all, if you have 50 characters 40 of them aren’t going to make it pass level 30 and complaining about wanting more means you have an addiction

6 Likes

Seriously? I never really read those threads cus it doesn’t matter to me because I will never have 50+ characters are people really that rude about it?

I have heard of people who wanna make a max lvl of every class/race combo in the game lol is 50 slots enough for that? Lol

Seriously why do people care so much what other people do with their time. I think they should increase the max amount of character slots to I will never need it but I know lots of people would.

14 Likes

No, it is exactly the same. Just because a character is ‘just’ level 30 doesn’t mean it can’t have RP value or other reasons to not want to delete it.

Just how that raggedy teddybear isn’t going to be tossed any time soon, even though that shelf-space could have a new teddy.

6 Likes

Hey if you want to waste 15$ a month leveling 50 charters in witch most won’t make it past level 30, that’s fine but complaining about wanting to waste your life more is going to get you criticized.

6 Likes

Even if that was considered a disorder I would rather have that than drugs or something harmful and could actually end you up homeless.

9 Likes

You can be a functioning person and still have an addiction. A common one thrown around is a functioning alcoholic.

So

Is a poor choice of words.

4 Likes

So you’re going to tell me that 40 level 30 characters you’ve made have “rp value” funny…

2 Likes

The mistake you made was sticking around for the replies. Should have just made the post and moved on.

5 Likes

Don’t comment about things you clearly know nothing off. My RP characters are all higher level than that, but that matters nothing.
50 roleplaying characters is low for a dedicated roleplayer.

4 Likes

Don’t complain about wanting to waste your life and you won’t get criticized.

50 is the max, so, what do you mean “low”

4 Likes

I am not a altoholic but you are paying 15$ a month to buddy and everyone else who plays this game does as well (except those who play with wow tokens.

But people can do whatever they like with the time they bought. Whether it be mythic raiding and top tier stuff or just walking around role playing you have no say in what they can and can’t do :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Roleplaying exists outside of wow. other fandoms, other games. I RP transformers on a forum. I have over 90 characters all with dedicated backstories, design sheets ect.

3 Likes

Good for you, will I judge you for that? No. But I will judge you once you start to complain about 50 characters being a reasonable cap.

6 Likes

I wonder what the game would be like if they let everyone have every profession. Would probably help cut down on alts and increse rate at which things are consumed off the auction house. It’d also make people be on the same character more often, so “friends” have more permanence if you add their main.

2 Likes