So... can shadow priests have some love in pve?

im pretty much pre raid 100% bis geared on my shadow priest (.5 tier complete / UBRS trinkets/wb’s/flasks/consumes/etc) - And i was doing 1000/1100 damage TOP in kazzak (while mages were all doing +2k) its a meme spec at this point, Seriously, we need some buffs. Whats your experience in world bosses this week for my fellow shadow priests? has anyone gotten more than +1.5k dps? it is posible?

3 Likes

Spriest has too much utility for them to buff the pve damage.
Guild spriest was doing 1.5 close to 1.6k on kazzak with WBs and preraid bis.

whats his name? i want to check if thats true lol. im all orange/pink parser and +1.5k dps seems a bit imposible to archieve on kazzak

I’m 99% pre-bis and did about 1.5k on kazzak without wb or flask.

Could just be down to the diff of having a shadowbolt spec warlock.

https://sod.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ybdvV7tgN92mr6Wc#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=4

1.6k over 6 minutes (we were 10 manning), we also pulled in like 4 random trash mobs by accident which aren’t on logs so i lost a lot of dps killing them, i also didn’t play particularly well

I’m sure 2k+ is achievable

1 Like

Spriest are brought for the utility they bring to the raid/party not the damage they do.

isn’t kazzak very resistant to shadow damage :expressionless:

well according to blizz theyre not making bosses immune to damage theyll just have a restiance and take less damage. We will see.

I’m explaining why the OP’s DPS might have been less than he’d hoped :expressionless:

I just got 1.9k+ on kazzak with full buffs, had PI snapshot tho and no ISB. Spriest doesn’t need buffs atm, they’re very strong and have a 3 button rotation… their real value also depends how difficult mc3 is. Their group healing is insane but over 90% is overheals

Shadow PvE damage is insane right now. Trash damage matters, too.

Shadow priest will need buffs when the classes that scale actually have gear and we are still doing week 1 dps on the last lockout.

1 Like

Snapshotting is not a thing in SoD. That is a Cata thing.

Not true at all, stop spreading misinformation. Master channeler DOT snapshots.

2 Likes

Shadow priests now scale with everything other casters do. This isn’t 2004 where they got no benefit from crit.

Meanwhile I only have 20% of my prebis and I did 2.3k to the world bosses on my rogue lol.

Check the spell power coefficients for shadow priest vs other classes and report back.

And green shadow wrath gear we can buy right now off the ah has the same if not more spell power than the T1 raid gear.

A full raid gear BiS spriest will do marginally more damage than it does right now.

Other classes will be 50%+ more damage with their full raid BiS.

All dots scale with 100% spell damage. All spells with 3.5 base cast speed also scale natively at 100%. What exactly is your incorrect argument?

And always has. That’s how specialized spellpower works in Classic.

This is an extreme exaggeration. Not to mention Shadow has both VE and VT at their highest value versions. Anyone thinking shadow needs to be a top tier damage spec has some loose screws. And I have been a shadow priest main since original vanilla.

1 Like

You start your post with incorrect info and then insult. Go do some reading and you’ll see classes spells have different spell power coefficients and some benefit more from spell power than others.

Spell power modifiers. And shadow priest has the worst of basically all casters.

You have revealed yourself to be clueless. Shadow priest has terrible spellpower coefficients.

1 Like