(So called) Group Finder Improvements

You give them your credit card number every month, if you think the company is that nefarious, why would you do that?

1 Like

Dystopian implications of cell phone registration through corporate/government cabals aside, Iā€™d just like to know if I will now have to buy a cell phone to post ā€œchill groupā€ while playing World of Warcraft. Anyone?

1 Like

You say it in party chat when you invite or you post your group in the custom tab. Or you put the authenticator on your computer like this:

If you want to install and use the Battle.net Authenticator app on your PC or Mac, you will need to download and install a Desktop App emulator for your computer. We have worked diligently to help you understand how to use this app for your computer in 4 simple steps below:

Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac

Ok. First things first. If you want to use the application on your computer, first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for either the Bluestacks app or the Nox App >> . Most of the tutorials on the web recommends the Bluestacks app and I might be tempted to recommend it too, because you are more likely to easily find solutions online if you have trouble using the Bluestacks application on your computer. You can download the Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .

Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac

Now that you have downloaded the emulator of your choice, go to the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the emulator or Bluestacks application.
Once you have found it, click it to install the application or exe on your PC or Mac computer.
Now click Next to accept the license agreement.
Follow the on screen directives in order to install the application properly.
If you do the above correctly, the Emulator app will be successfully installed.

Step 3: for PC - Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10

Now, open the Emulator application you have installed and look for its search bar. Once you found it, type Battle.net Authenticator in the search bar and press Search. Click on Battle.net Authenticatorapplication icon. A window of Battle.net Authenticator on the Play Store or the app store will open and it will display the Store in your emulator application. Now, press the Install button and like on an iPhone or Android device, your application will start downloading. Now we are all done.
You will see an icon called ā€œAll Appsā€.
Click on it and it will take you to a page containing all your installed applications.
You should see the icon. Click on it and start using the application.

Step 4: for Mac OS

Hi. Mac user!
The steps to use Battle.net Authenticator for Mac are exactly like the ones for Windows OS above. All you need to do is install the Nox Application Emulator or Bluestack on your Macintosh. The links are provided in step one.

2 Likes

Yikes, thatā€™s a load to say ā€œchill group.ā€ Appreciate your reply. I suppose itā€™s necessary to remove group spam, though.

Ok see now I know youā€™ve lost it or are trolling. When you start comparing using an optional item in an optional video game to giving up something like freedom of speechā€¦well I cant take anything you have to say seriously.

Get some help. For the love of God get some help.

1 Like

When you say ā€œchill groupā€ do you mean a group that is chill, or a group you can chill with? Honest question.

If itā€™s a group youā€™re looking to chill with, you donā€™t need an authenticator for that because it would go in the Custom section of LFG. (I think)

If youā€™re posting ā€œchill groupā€ in the description for keys and such, I think youā€™ll need an authenticator attached but youā€™ll still be able to do that without one in the Custom section of LFG. (Again, I think thatā€™s how it works)

Iā€™d like to let skilled players know that Iā€™m not skilled before I list. Not really relevant to the conversation. It could mean Iā€™d like to post ā€œbig ds wantedā€ if I was good. There is a wide variety of player skills and I would like the ability to match myself with those closest matched to my lameness.

I thought thatā€™s what RaiderIO is for?

Youā€™re already able to see that when you list your group with their ilevel and score.

Sure, I group torghast often. Canā€™t speak to m+. Itā€™s just fun for me. Sorry if M+ is your thing. Iā€™d like to continue listing my 9-11s as ā€œchillā€ and ā€œscrubs welcome.ā€ It probably doesnā€™t make sense to you as a skilled player.

Ahhh Grums. How right you are. People donā€™t separate fact from feeling anymore and if they feel it, then itā€™s unquestionably true. :pleading_face:

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-915-development-notes/1082616/8

Thatā€™s the blue post describing the change.

1 Like

Then thatā€™s a custom group and itā€™s a moot point. You can list custom groups however you want.

Itā€™s not. lol

You can. Itā€™s a custom group.

2 Likes

Thanks, didnā€™t realize Torghast was a custom group that was excluded from the ā€œrulesā€, so you have clarified it. Excellent. Thank you Rhielle, Iā€™m sure you have helped more people than me.

I hope so. But I usually just make people mad. LOL

1 Like

this change is long over due and its about time it happenedā€¦also dont people have phones? its 2021 who doesnt have a apple/smart phone with this app alreadyā€¦ its free lol

It can also be easily put on a computer with an emulator. :woman_shrugging:

I disagree with you here, Rhielle. Blizzard should provide all authentication in-house. 3rd party authentication they have no control over is bizarre.

ā€¦ how do they not have control over it?

Asking you to install 3rd party software they have no control over to authenticate you isnā€™t strange to you?

emulators are 3rd party