(So called) Group Finder Improvements

They should really make it a requirement to play wow or any blizz game. In fact, I’ll think I’ll make a separate thread for that, time for the boomers and weirdos to leave who know literally nothing about information security.

1 Like

I’m not telling you to leave. You literally said you were leaving. I only asked about it.

You’re allowed to do what you want with your game time. It’s just weird to say you’re leaving and still stick around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this was a genius idea to get rid of the ads in LFG. And I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hey guys, congrats! Hacking is over! This guy hasn’t personally heard of an instance of it in the last five years, potentially because he never goes to the Support forum, and perhaps because authenticators are more common now that it’s tied to cellphones, but that means that there’s no such thing as hacking WoW accounts anymore!

1 Like

Pretty sure leaving all your personal and banking info on your front doorstep isn’t the best security policy. Boomers learned how to compartmentalize. Youngins prefer to install an app someone else made to do it for us. I like the first option.

1 Like

These will work for mobile hots spots though correct? This was my plan for them.

Not my fault you don’t know how to use apps or your phone securely. You probably still use fax machines.

1 Like

I totally agree with you with modern day things and easy access to the app as well as smart phones. Not only should blizzard do, but so should SW:ToR do it with their authenticator to play their game.

You must work for CNN. Dishonesty and misrepresentation seems to be the norm for you.

I don’t work for CNN.

If we’re talking dishonest, the guy who said he’s leaving is still here.

Again, I don’t care what you do with your game time and I’m not telling you to leave.

In the end, a security app is just another program that can be manipulated.
The GUI is just a representation of tasks and options. With a swipe of a key, those buttons can be repurposed to do other things or go to other sites. The indicators, including your camera light can be turned off when the device is on.

Do all these happen? Seldom to none. It would still be sheer stupidity to ignore the possibility.

I’m not saying don’t use security software. It’s important. Just realize when you put confidential data on your phone, and connect to the internet, that software just mitigates the risk. Saying there is no risk is dishonest. Keeping that data from insecure devices like cell phones is usually the best course of action.

How would it affect the low pop servers from Xrealm Dungeon Finder?

Those who will be hindered are players playing illegitimate accounts. If you are illegitimate who is usually the one responsible for spamming ads, you are screened out, that’s the objective of authenticator changes.

I wont be affected even now that I am on low pop server becoz I am a legit player and I am not even hiding my profile on this GD forum.

If you want to post something on Dungeon Finder, use the authenticator. Acknowledge what you say when you are authenticated. I am fine with that.

This wont be highlighted if this is not prevalent to many servers. I assume on High Pop servers, these ads are inherent. And many new players on these high pop servers are greatly annoyed to it.

I will give props for Blizz for finally making an action against this. Let’s see what happens.

Yes, those are possibilities. There are very simple and easy ways to prevent those things. Again, it’s on you to figure that out, it’s not that hard. Tell me you leave your passwords as the default without telling me you leave your passwords on default when you buy something.

That is what I actually said. Not your version of events

1 Like

Honestly, my only issue with it is that I have two accounts, but only one phone number. I’m not gonna get a second phone number just to protect my second account, so until they update that, one of my accounts is just kind of going to be somewhat less secure.

1 Like

And I already said I don’t care how you spend your game time.

Once again, I’m glad we agree. :heart:

What blizzard said is the most of the spam was generated by hacked or compromised accounts. What this will do is stem that and if people still try to spam it’s easier to take action against those accounts. Nobody’s constitutional rights are being attacked here. Wow is a deferential activity.

1 Like

But there is Hulu without ads… (he says in confusion).

:cookie:

What we’ve established today is:
The stranger (blizzard authenticator), to whom I’ve been acquainted with for several years, and who I gave the key to my house to, behaved today and was actually helpful, so I threw away all the spare keys.

LOL… now that’s on point. :wink:

Then stop being insanely paranoid over an authenticator that even the NY Times has mentioned in their best secure authenticators article, updated August 24, 2021.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-two-factor-authentication-app/

It’s sheer stupidity to not keep your account secure because of tin foil hat conspiracies, yet here we are.

As someone in their late 40s with people in their guild and friends list who are 60+ with authenticators… you’re the one being disingenuous here.

So show proof of anyone having their phone hacked or information stolen specifically due to the authenticator app or stop making things up.

1 Like