So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

lol, hahaha I wouldn’t worry about that. If you seriously think not being able to change your conduits more than once a week is going to prevent you from clearing a raid sooner than next expansion then I think you have bigger problems than that raid.

1 Like

They’ll lift the conduit restriction. Really it’s only a matter of when they do it.

2 Likes

If they do, it won’t be because you won’t be able to get CE because it exists. Especially since you only have one CE achievement on your account anyway - those conduits aren’t the problem.

Nah, but when they do, it’ll be yet another triumph of the elitist min-maxer 1%'s getting their way, like with Legiondaries, Azerite Vendors, account wide Essences and of course, the Corruption vendor.

Only question is whether it happens in 9.1 or 9.2.

What are your bets? I’m think Covenants and Conduits will be a 9.1 issue. Maybe even sooner for Conduits themselves.

On one hand these restrictions are bad because it limits player choice/freedoms, and most people complain about it… Even casuals AND elitists band together on that.

On the other hand it stops elitists from min maxing a lot… Which people also support…

Wat.

1 Like

You know that speech that Alfred gives to Batman in The Dark Knight about how some people aren’t after a logical conclusion?

Yeah, the anti-ripcorders see themselves like that. Except instead of blowing up hospitals like the Joker did, they just post hundreds of times arguing against changes because people they don’t like want them.

They’re just really sad reactionaries.

A player can still be good even when their character is not optimal.

There is a difference between player skill and character abilities.

So working as intended.

That is some argument. Too bad it has very little basis in reality.

I can see why you would be confused with that kind of mental fog floating around in your brain though.

1 Like

Are you always out to antagonize people? Nobody is provoking you yet you’re overtly aggressive in basically the last 5 of your posts.

Yeah everyone wants the best of both scenarios when it comes to Covenants or Conduits, but that’s literally impossible.

You are mocking an argument that doesn’t exist - that isn’t intended to antagonize people?

No everyone doesn’t want the best of both scenarios partly because people don’t agree on what is ‘best’.

Well no, and here’s why.

If Blizzard pulls the ripcord… Then people will be happy about having freedom of choice between everything, but they will still complain about min maxers min maxing with unrestricted freedoms.

If Blizzard doesn’t pull the ripcord… Then people will be happy about min maxers not min maxing as often, but will complain that they don’t have this freedom of choice between everything.

Or should I say, the illusion of choice, as it has always been.

1 Like

Blizzard pulling the ripcord on another failed expansion cant wait until i have to grind hours and hours to have my class play fluidly and get enough damage to not get carried through content because my class doesn’t work correctly until i get some item or essence that is time gated behind something dumb.

4 Likes

It is really curious you feel like you can speak for everyone.

I can’t see this happening. I wouldn’t be happy with the freedom of choice, in this situation, and I only care about min/maxers when they are trying to ruin the game. It would appear this would make them happy so they would stop complaining, no?

Yes and and doing it vs being good at it are completely different stories. This druid is ranked on the IO site vs. every other character in the game in the top 10% of all players worldwide, mind you that’s all characters who have done a run, not including characters who don’t even do M+, and best I can do is a timed M17 and some weeks I struggle to time an M15.

You class may be tuned to complete an M15, but fact and statistics, even taking into account all the paid runs, shows that ~90% of every single player in the game cannot complete every dungeon on an M15, timed or not.

Looking at the current completed runs is a bit trickier since we don’t know how many of these runs are alts and how many people spam runs vs. just doing one. But with 28 million runs completed, with ~40% of all runs are done above an M10, that puts ~60% of all runs done by all players an M10 at best. More than half the runs completed are only an M10.

So, being able to do both raiding and M+ dungeons and being good at it are two completely different things. It’s not about excelling and being able to time an M25, the majority of the players cannot even time an M15. It’s not about being able to mythic raid and beat half the raid in the first month, some players even now struggle with heroic raiding.

I’ve said this enough times before, but a lot of you truly underestimate the difficulty of this game and the stats show just how hard it is for the average player.

Well this is why I don’t speak for everyone. I never stated as an affirmative that I speak for anyone. I only speak for myself and what I think, and I think some people want the best of both scenarios when it comes to the ripcord, literally impossible.

Eh, both scenarios will satisfy groups of people but perpetrate another problem with the game that other groups of people have a problem with.

There is no winning, only an endless cycle of complaints, so the question is… What choice is best for the game?

Stopping/slowing min maxers? Or freedom of choice?

See if you had used the words ‘some people’ in your previous posts I would not have made that statement but you were presenting your arguments in a manner otherwise.

Regardless, the term “people” is an ambiguous term at best, you just assumed the worst just to try and win points against me than actually trying to understand what my points were.

At least I didn’t use the word community l0l.

We should be grateful for small favors then.

I still don’t even really understand your point because I don’t think many people even think that way and even if they did so what.

Yeah, because a big portion of players don’t think that way.

That big portion of players also don’t care about what Blizzard does in the long term, they will always play the game for what it is, WoW. (I used to be part of this crowd.)

So it’s better to focus on the portions of players who are passionate about this or that when it comes to controversial systems.

And I see that big portion of players being more flexible in letting blizzard make the game in the manner they think best.

That does not mean they will always play the game though.

If blizzard moves enough in one direction, the game is no longer fun in any capacity and being not so passionate about it, they will just leave and play another game.