So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

This list is only half true, some of these points aren’t until the final patches of the expansion.

Progression in both raiding and M+ begs the best gear possible in order to maximize chances of skipping mechanics or brute forcing them that not everyone may understand intimately in the beginning.

Stop trying to skip mechanics and just clear stuff the way it’s meant to be cleared. You can’t skip most mechanics until you outgear the content anyway.

2 Likes

True which is why I didn’t say with absoluteness that having better/best gear or setup guarantees skipping mechanics.

That’s just the way progression content works. Encounters don’t always come tuned properly to the gear majority of players will have when they get there, so there’s always that to take into consideration.

They’re treating covenants the same way they’ve treated every other borrowed power system in the past and the same way they treat flying and pathfinder. They want us to suffer through it first. It doesn’t even seem like an ego problem now, feels more intentional than not.

There must be some kind of strategy they’re implementing that’s pushing them to repeat the same patterns every expansion, though my business sense is not refined enough to know what it achieves for them.

1 Like

If you are suffering through anything in a video game then maybe it’s time to take a step away for a little while. if you aren’t having fun playing a game then there might be an issue, find a new game or new hobby that you enjoy and don’t feel like you are suffering with.

1 Like

Ions way to play is the only way he is interested in, and then he is only interested in compliments and praise.

It’s hilarious that you think Ion is the whole development team and only he decides what happens in WoW.

Its hilarious you think he doesn’t make 80% of decisions on the game

It’s hilarious that you’re defending them so hard despite the obvious signs. Actually, it’s getting pretty embarrassing.

2 Likes

must be some tryhard ‘influencer’ trying to get invited to events on zoom

Nah Yesuna is just a shameless multiboxer defending the company that allows her to be a recluse in an MMO.

1 Like

How would you define min/maxing? Is picking the right talent min/maxing? Is choosing a ST build over an AoE build min/maxing? You’re going to great lengths to defend Blizzard’s every choice on this matter. You’re either completely blinded by their propaganda or simply have no clue on what WoW has always been about.

5 Likes

Pedantic, but I’d prefer to rephrase this to “Doing both and excelling at both are different stories.”

In BFA, every class was tuned to be able to complete M+15. That’s where gear stopped, totally makes sense. I remember this being a thing because it was brought up in reference to Guardian Druids a lot. I don’t honestly know if every class was also held to a similar raid or PvP benchmark, so I’d like to focus on the Mythic+ one.

If every class/spec/covenant combination can perform to the benchmark, it’s my opinion that the system is a success. So here that’s to a +15-- “doing the content”. I don’t think every combination should be pushing +30. That’s for the people who enjoy pushing the system to its absolute limit, and it’s also not really rewarded by the system.

Optimal. Everything doesn’t always have to be optimal. It’s okay if it doesn’t work as well, as long as it functions to the benchmark, things are allowed to surpass that without warping the system.

If they can’t meet the benchmark, then that’s an utter failure of balance and Blizzard sucks and we can throw socks and dirty underwear at them.

Only my opinion on the balance issue.

Edit: Holy crap I’m tired.

1 Like

Oh imagine having to wait another week to be able to kill ‘x’.

If blizzard can train people out of this mentality you are using, then this maybe a good thing.

In fact, maybe blizzard is actually trying to.

1 Like

Imagine thinking that WoW still won’t be almost purely numbers based in SL.

1 Like

It’s not my mentality?

Where did I say that this is how I think?

All I’m saying is this is how it is in the “Progression” stage of new content. You want to be as geared as possible in order to, not only meet the requirements for the encounters going forward, but also have a chance at brute forcing your way through the encounters.

It has nothing to do about what I think.

It actually is the way you think because I don’t think that way. A lot of people don’t have some burning desire to do ‘x’ before other people.

You can progress without competing.

I mean, by default getting stuff like CE means that I’ll be doing it before the average LFR hero who won’t see Mythic N’zoth until they can solo it.

I’m glad you’re strawmanning what I’m actually saying.

I don’t have a “burning desire to do content before others”, it’s a general rule of thumb for progression content, and just doing content in general that you get the gear before attempting the content.

Yesuna is a textbook bum kisser to Blizzard, always and I mean ALWAYS defending Blizzard no matter what like they are the gospel. For Yesuna there is never anything Blizzard can do wrong, looks to me like he is chasing that green MVP title.

3 Likes