So are you letting shadow be a horrible spec all expansion

well blizzard, you’ve had your feedback, mind sear is terrible, we have no AOE outside dots.

Missed shadowcrash? ok no DPS.
got a proc but have to move? no dps

12 Likes

I agree with this post, i thought we were getting buffs on the 20th but i don’t feel any changes. I’m frustrated at 375 and i’m bottom dps in raids. Shadow rotation for aoe is f***** annoying and frustrating at the same time. I want it easy, like for warriors, just whirlwind. Or else i’ll be switching out of shadow. Its no wonder they’re a dead class spec, nobody wants them in keys.

7 Likes

We got buffed already didn’t we, the changes to Idol are live anyway

Yep, but still terrible.

7 Likes

In mythic plus I’ve been feeling really good. There’s a death speaker build that focuses on SW:D and mind blast cleaving alongside mindbender. I can easily get into the 100k range for most pulls.

That being said, that’s only one aspect of one form of content. In raid I feel bad. The amount of movement in each fight crippled my output. Im often bottom of the barrel despite having a decent ilvl

1 Like

Did we get changed yesterday? I literally couldn’t tell if mind games was generating insanity now or not

The only changes that came through so far were percentage buffs to our key dps spells. Although these buffs are appreciated we won’t see an actual “fix” for a bit longer.

Any mechanical changes usually only come in numbered patches. Once the trading post is in we should see halo, mind games and divine star generating insanity, as well as any other changes they deem necessary.

1 Like

This is from a M+ perspective: other classes like Warlocks, Monks, Rogues and DH can easily surpass Spriest DPS on every pull.
Spriest reliance on Shadow Crash and Mindbender Inescapable Torment is nuts. Things that can vastly improve this spec would be to increase the frequency of Shadow Crash by means of CDR, cutting down the CD or granting and additional charge. And I personally would prefer if Mindbender also had CDR instead of lengthening its duration via casts. Also, procs of Mind Devourer should honestly just let you cast Mind Sear while moving.

9 Likes

I completely agree with everything you said. My statement was just to explain to them that any significant changes won’t come without a major patch. The number boost is appreciated but the kinds of changes you and I want hopefully will come with the .5 patch.

This isnt true. Under all cds and bit lucky devourer proc its fairly even. Bursting over 200k like them.

Then you disapear on next pull :rofl:

yea you look cool for like every other pull and than hope your team remembers you bring PI and not decide to never invite a shadow ever again lol.

Horrible in pve who gives af you literally sh*t on every other class in pvp now with ease with recent buffs.

1 Like

Probably people who pve and don’t care about pvp.

Wild guess though. Idk.

8 Likes

This is all actually false.

3 Likes

No it’s actually correct mind sear is terrible with how much insanity it drains per cast. It literally should be flat 50 to cast just like devouring plague even if numbers get tweaked abit to make up for the change.

1 Like

It’s false. I suggest getting some gear.

I don’t have any issues with mine sear.

If anything the issue is for application

1 Like

If it didn’t work that way you would lose dps if you had to move. As it is you don’t use insanity that doesn’t give you dps. Insanity is taken in the same ticks it deals dps. If it had a flat cost no matter the channel time it would be considerably worse.

Besides, You can cast mind sear at 50 insanity. It does it’s damage in standard ticks. Cast it at 100 instead of 50 and you just get extra channel time/ticks. Literally doesn’t make a difference when you hit it in between 50-100 insanity, though for MD proc you should cast full channel if you can.

1 Like

Mind sear’s damage per insanity spent is very solid. AS LONG AS EVERYTHING YOU’RE HITTING HAS DOTS ON IT.

6 Likes

Agreed. Dot-spreading is the real issue in aoe now and what I hope Blizzard will focus on fixing.

Imagine thinking the one good thing about mind sear is the bad thing.

You understand that this is effectively a lesser version of “casting a mind sear with a mind devourer proc then immediately being forced to move, effectively wasting 100 insanity”?

Except it’d be 50 insanity we’d potentially be wasting instead of 100.

Please stop actively trying to make the spec worse than it already is.

1 Like