So are you letting shadow be a horrible spec all expansion

Noobs.

Mind sear damage is good if everyones dotted, that’s not the problem with the trash ability, Currently you almost only ever use it with devourer.

So you ccast your free sear, uh oh swirly, uh oh mechanic, uh oh displacement, uh oh your turn to kick

If mind devourer was removed, spriest would BE BY FAR THE WORST SPEC IN THE GAME.
The ONLY thing that makes spriest viable is the random mind devourer procs and assuming you get the FULL cast off.

Source; top 500 in NA for keys as spriest and 4th on my realm. however i’m giving up spriest now because its so bad with all the movement needed

2 Likes

Instead it needs to settle for simply the worst spec of the game, but not “by far”.

1 Like

This isn’t true though. You use all your insanity in AoE on sear.

The insanity gen is sluggish and varies wildly based on cds, and the dot application is overly rigid, but to say you barely get to mind sear outside of procs is not even close to true.

1 Like

No you don’t, some packs are only 2/3 pulls.
It’s better to use DP for mind flay insanity and the extra 12% dmg bonus an extra dot has on the target for psychic link, and dont even bother saying “wtf u run mind flay insanity”

yes look it up, the death build is garbage

1 Like

What’s wrong with the death speaker build?

It was a thing people tried in week 1 to get more snap burst damage for the super short pulls in m0s.

In actual keys it’s really, really bad. Typically you drop that choice node altogether for keys, or you can opt to grab MF:I in tyrannical for the extra boss damage.

1 Like

Every other pull.

Okay fixed.

Really? Its bad?
I ahhh kinda like it, a lot. I actually like our AoE then Frost Mage.
I do PVP tho, not sure if Shadow is different for that.

1 Like

What? You know that sear slaps even on two targets right? Youre just wrong man.

I won’t pretend I’ve run any high end content. My highest Key has been a 5 and my guild is still working through normal. But in situations where there has been cleave or multi target, the Death Speaker build has been fun, engaging and effective.

1 Like

That’s how you start a post!

2 Likes

Ok, but compared to what? To the other build that is just way better? I mean this just feels like the searing nightmare situation in shadowlands where ppl just were praising misery playstyle and how superior and competitive it was compared to SN…not because it realy was…but mostly because they despited the SN playstyle …even though it was miles ahead of anything else.

1 Like

These are all fine subjective points.

But if a properly spec’d shadow priest is in the same group as you, they’re gonna slap your dps off the meters. Play as ya like, but in the interest of keeping things accurate, playing deathspeaker is suboptimal

1 Like

I recognize that the build is sub optimal. In drawn out fights it loses steam. But for the content I have been doing I have been finding success for the time being.

As content gets harder and I move into more demanding fights, Ill need to make the proper adjustments.

Absolutely agree. Death Speaker is 100% sub optimal. In short fights I enjoy pretty high burst cleave. My intention wasn’t to spread miss-info. Just to point out that in certain content, specifically when the fights have been shorter, the build has worked.

1 Like

This is the way. Don’t forget the DP apparitions that generate insanity = more DPs = more flays = more tendril procs (cause F playing around Bender).

I live and die with Psychic Link and don’t feel bad. I don’t even spec into Sear.

Not much burst, but sustain is great + I’ll take slightly suboptimal over that clunky ability any day.

no he’s right, gotta remember mind sear is also a DoT.

I was commenting on mind sear being terrible not a dot.

recommend being more clear next time.

Recommend reading before inserting yourself into a conversation that you were not originally in instead of jumping to conclusions

1 Like