So Ardenweald story is as much troll as night elf?

idk, fam.
not knowing your loa have been stolen is a pretty clear sign of neglect. CPS would get called on you so fast if someone reported that you lost your kid and didn’t know it.

4 Likes

I’ll give you that :gift_heart:

1 Like

The fact that she has to move around to see how things are going shows that she is not aware of everything in her realm.

I assume the drought probably made her not pay as much attention to the groves as she would otherwise.

Stuff is happening right under her nose and she is not seeing.

4 Likes

Well…to be fair her main concern right now is on keeping the Heart of Forest alive. That dies, Ardenweald dies with it.

1 Like

I’m not convinced it does. The Mycelium Network remembers Ardenweald before she came and before there was a forest at all.

The forest is made of trees. The trees keep the wildseeds alive. Without the trees, all the wildseeds die. The rest of Ardenweald’s population would probably die too, due to lack of anima. Thus, Ardenweald would technically be dead.

3 Likes

the real reason Tyrande hates the horde so much is because she is watching her Nelf players, and every time a horde player tags a mob before the Nelf player can for that quest she hates them a little more. lmao

1 Like

::He would look to the Mycelium Network.::

It’s a different ecosystem now Treng. The entire zone is now reliant on those trees and the Heart of the Forest for survival.

Haha I wouldn’t ever do that…

…or use my flaming ancient battle pet and Spirit of Bashiok after…

Just remember, every time you do though, a baby t-rex jumps for joy. Usually after he bites the mean elves :gift_heart:

This isn’t World’s End, stop with the RP crap. We use words here, not actions. You aren’t even doing it correctly. It looks like you’re making subtitles for people who use braile.

3 Likes

::He would gently take your hand and lead you on the path to discovery.::
The Mycelium Network’s existence predating both the forest and the Winter Queen prove that the trees are not necessary to revive Wild Gods. After all, all the trees are doing is allocating anima.

I know about the Mycelium network. We don’t know what Ardenweald’s purpose was back then, or if the truth is being told about that since a statement is said later that possibly contradicts that. We don’t know if the network harvests anima. The trees are the primary source in Ardenweald for obtaining anima. The wildseeds obtain nourishment from anima and don’t live without it.

1 Like

If there is no evidence to suggest it was different, there is no reason to believe that it was.

Please inform. I didn’t choose the Night Elf covenant, so I get my information second hand.

I was doing things in Ardenweald over the weekend, and this Forsaken DK kept grabbing all the elites in the area, and like, railroading them into me, or snapping them back to the area where I was. But, my goddess actually loves me, so after the third time of me popping Shadowmeld, and her dying, she got the hint.

What if pre-forest Ardenweald never handled wild god resurrection back then? That’d resolve the issue of seeds needing trees for rebirth while also explaining why there was a time when only the mushrooms were there.

1 Like

Why wasn’t the Winter Queen there from the start if it wasn’t different? Kyrestia was in Bastion from the beginning. Denathrius was in Revendreth from the beginning. The forest to help the wildseeds wasn’t there.

There was a time when hard work was valued in these parts. Of course, then she came along and got all fancy with her trees and groves. Nobody remembers old Marasmius. “Oh sure, use the
network,” they always say. And do I hear a word of gratitude? No!

This is the text when you unlock the Fungal Terminus. It suggests anima was collected by hand. It would be a lot more difficult to help wildseeds like that. But since Ardenweald is based on Celtic mythology and we see Spriggen as being tricksters, it’s possible that other creatures are devious too. That could be the case for Marasmius. Maybe perhaps he’s jealous.

I’ve been down here for ages. I remember the early days, it was just me and the Queen herself. We kept awful busy back then. She’s a real hard worker too…

Not like some of these louts these days. Always wanting to use the rings. Nobody ever asks the rings how they feel! Why, I ought to tell the Queen to get her subjects in order!

This is when you unlock The Ring, Marasmius home. Here he calls the Winter Queen a hard worker and that it was him and her at the beginning. But before, he states that she made the trees and groves. He seems to think that using them isn’t hard work. Just seems suspicious to me.

1 Like

The obvious answer is that she wasn’t integral to Ardenweald. Nevermind that the Jailer implies that the eternals are usurpers. The Mycelium Network lends credence to this argument.

Hard work does not necessitate “by hand”. I don’t believe the guy who can send you literally anywhere in Ardenweald couldn’t facilitate the movement of anima where it needed to be.

I’d like someone to tweet this out to Cdev to see it confirmed / repaired in the other comment, or removed/repaired in this one if it isn’t.

1 Like

I mean, I realize biology isn’t Blizz’s strongsuit, and also it’s just magic. But fungi help decompose things. Which would imply there was something, forest or otherwise, there before the mushrooms for them to feed on.

4 Likes