So Ardenweald story is as much troll as night elf?

Is it though? Chronicles still state trolls evolved naturally. The well only provided the necessary conditions for that. At best you could call them an “accidental titan creation”, since there was no plan behind it. Then again, according to this logic, no life on Azeroth could be considered “natural”.

5 Likes

Elementals and wild gods still seem to be natural, the August celestials were not even bound to the emerald dream

Thats correct too.

Elementals and Proto Drakes(since they came from the elementals) seem to be the only natural azerothian life that evolved on their own.

I thought Trolls and the precursors to Goblins were also naturally occurring races?

1 Like

Apparently the well of eternity mutated most life forms on Azeroth to some degree or another. Those living the closest to it, had changes happen to them faster than those further away. Even troll lore is still pretty vague about how natural their evolution was.

Didn’t gobs change into the forms we know due to Kajamite?

I mean if we’re going off that metric, then there aren’t any naturally occurring races on Azeroth. Since, as you said, Protos stem from Elementals. I would probably quantify “Natural” races as those not born of Titan (or Titan-Esk) origins … regardless of what wayward environmental factors (which is what the WoE and Kejamite would classify as) played a role in their development.

Outside of maybe Pygmies? They’re another branch from the same Goblin predecessor race.

3 Likes

I mean, going off that? Than yeah, the trolls are pretty natural. Though we don’t know what race they evolved from. They kind of just showed up one day.

There’s soo much they could do to expand on with the trolls, besides using them as the standard Savage and barbaric Villian.

7 Likes

She’s probably referring to Eonar. Otherwise they gave up a LARGE portion of the origin of Elune on a throwaway line.

There does seem to be a small shift in approach to Trolls since the positive response to the Zandalar campaign, and the Zappyboi phenomena. It does feel like Blizz is feeling a tad bit more comfortable writing positive portrayals of not just Trolls … but their Loas. With the exception of a few very minor ones in the Nightfey Campaign.

That being said there are also some interesting lines from Bwon especially in his dungeon that really stick out to me in making the Loa/Troll relationship very cool. It almost seems like there were generational shifts in how Trolls and their Loas were meant to interact. With the current Loa/Troll dynamics being one of two partner entities. The Loa, and their worshippers, powering each other. Loa like Mueh’zala and Hakkar (who’s deal with the Trolls was far more imbalanced in the Loa’s favor) … are on the way out. And through that lack of worship and worshippers … their powers are waning as well. Which leads to “being Forgotten”, and leading the Loa to extremes.

Its a balance … but one that has shifted to be more symbiotic, and less parasitic. Its neat.

1 Like

tbh I think blizzard is kinda being dumb with trying to make a diff between loas and wild gods because techniqually they are both and the same , loa is just what trolls call the wild gods , techniqually ursoc is a much a loa as dumbala is a wild god

I understand where you are coming from , but still ardenweald is really night elf centric it is a zone made for night elf players , the queen herself is showned as pretty neutral but the story that the player is forced to play through is very night elf centric

you help tyrande ysera and the night elf souls of teldrassil and on the side you have a small quest chain with bwonsamdi and then some drust themed things and thats it

70 % of the zone is really just night elf stuff and tbh positive night elf stuff

They arguably could’ve had the word Loa been the “correct” term of Nature Animal Spirits™ as a narrative choice, but they haven’t even used the term Wild God for the Draenor Animal Spirits (Rukhmar, Anzu, Sethe).

Wild God as of right now is exclusively used for Azeroth Animal Spirits

Idk they are creating confusion that doenst need to happen

I think they just did it to separate the spirit animals that support the Night Elves from the ones who support the Trolls.

But it’s funny that the trolls have a closer relationship with their Loa/Wild Gods than the Kaldorei do with theirs.

We were so close to a thousand posts

Four more and we shall get there, Eve. We can do it!

1 Like

we can do it

2 Likes

lets fullfill our destiny.

1 Like

Wait, what? Mine shows 991 (this being 992).

Edit: But when I go back out to the main page, it says 999 :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes