So Ardenweald story is as much troll as night elf?

Note: I did not add the italics. She says loa like it’s a four-letter word.

Yup, “Loa problems are not mine”.

Her duty is to ardenweald, she takes care of souls so they can rebirth, that is it. Beyond that if Hakkar is evil or not, if bwomsamdi has grudge with Rezan, is not her problem.

4 Likes

I mean, she sacrificed the god of the bearfolk in Ashenvale. She did not sacrifice anything the nelves personally worship, including Night Elven Ysera.

I mean, caring for isn’t accurate. She wasn’t caring for beargod either, nor was she caring when she asked his tender for his anima.

Anima which she used to reanimate Night Elven Ysera for the sake of sad Night Elf players who just watched a Night Elf cutscene whilst listening to the Night Elf themesong.

1 Like

She sacrificed a minor deity worshipped by all night elves and the source of bear form to all druids of the claw.

She dismissed resurrecting Ysera at first, even calling her a pet of her sister, she was convinced to resurrect Ysera, the same way she was convinced to help Bwomsamdi.

You can call Ardenweald a nelf zone all you want, Winter Queen did nothing bias towards any faction, she probably doesn’t even know there is a horde and alliance.

8 Likes

Ursoc was an Ancient Guardian, one of the several demigods that were among the first living creatures to roam Azeroth. He was worshiped as a god by the furbolgs of Grizzly Hills, the land he used to rule.[3]

Still worshipped by Night Elves. Origin of Bear form of druids…

Like Cenarius and other wild gods.

3 Likes

Idk if that version made it to live. It was just normal text in the quest when I played through and it’s normal text in the wowhead article. I think it was changed since you originally posted it. The winter queen didn’t treat the loa differently in the quest line. My issue is with the writers choosing a darkspear specific loa to kill at the end of the quest line. And to your question of where they go after the quest we leave dambala lying dead (big issue here) and hakkar is in the dungeon de otha side.

1 Like

That’s my point. Dudebro claims “yeah the night elf winter queen sacrificed night elven wild gods for loa” which isn’t true. we don’t know where the loa went off to.

In all fairness, every scrap of writing basically makes Tyrande and Malfurion all-powerful beings beyond any mortal comprehension, capable of laying low a force of any size with but a whim.

Until the story needs Malfurion to catch an axe with his shoulder blades, then suddenly he’s a normal mortal.

Until that’s done and over with and he goes back to being a god walking the earth and making all lesser beings tremble at the merest whisper of his presence.

Thbbbbpt

Me, I’m just thinking that the one night elf Sylvanas whispers to on the Darkshore Beach should have at least tried to go all Rick Grimes on Sylvanas’ throat.

My point was.

Winter Queen choose to let a grove die, while the grove that the loas are was fine, as a point to prove that the Winter Queen has no bias towards night elves, or any character related to them.

But you just like to bring the fact that they were stolen by an outside force and had their status changed by an outside force as a claim that she favors night elves how?

And then you try to claim that Ursoc is not night Elf related when he is more night elf related than Ysera.

6 Likes

By sacrificing a furbolg god?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Call me when she sacrifices Cenarius.

I mean, you say “Ursoc” and I hear “Furbolg” and think about all those quests in Grizzly Hills, and I think it’s pretty sad that these poor bear dudes keep getting screwed harder than trolls. They just want to live in their logs and be apiarists, leave them be!

You say “Ysera” and I think about how she’s always in a Night elf Temple with Night elf theme music playing, surrounded by Night Elves in story and quest lines centered around Night Elves, and how she herself is more or less a Kal’Dorei in her “humanoid” form

I mean, purely objectively, Ysera is her own thing with the Green Dragonflight and all that. But she’s presented as very, very wrapped up in Night elves. We’re told that Ursoc is associated with the Druids of the Claw, but we’re never really shown Ursoc being associated with Night elves beyond that.

4 Likes

God of the furbolgs and friend of the Night Elves. Origin of the bear form for druids of the claw and so on.

Because he’s been dead ever since the war of the ancients, but you can just look up about him.

If Ysera is night Elf lore, Ursoc is.

If Ursoc is not night elf lore, then Ysera isn’t either.

Either way, WQ is not bias towarda night elves or wild gods or treat them in any different manner than the loa, also, for all we know, loa and wild god is the same thing.

4 Likes

Anduin is also a friend to night elves. I wouldn’t say that you would be particularly hurt if he died tomorrow.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, to be perfectly technical he’s only been dead-dead for between ten and two years; he was resurrected then killed in the Grizzly Hills quests, then killed again in the Emerald Nightmare raid. Ursoc just can’t catch a damn break.

But you kind of underline my point.

Dude has not really been involved with night elves for ten thousand years. Ysera was wrapped up in Night Elves for all that time, until like, basically last week as far as she or the elves probably measure time.

I’m not saying “Ysera is night elf Lore,” like I did actually say, she nad her flgiht are their own thing.

But, Ysera is constantly presented in association with Night Elves. So it’s not unreasonable for people to associate her with night elves. While Ursoc, aside from “Oh, bear druids base their stuff on him” has no such presentation.

2 Likes

My neighbor didn’t do anything when my house got broken into besides call the cops, she must think I’m a lesser person!

1 Like

I skinned Dambala at the end too. Got 4 Desolate Leather :sob:

1 Like

Listen bro, I think the dialogue mostly goes “Don’t bring your problems here expecting me to solve them” but even so we get something really good which is the Queen taking Vol’jin to complete his ascension to Loa as priority unlike Ysera that she was willing to leave it die if it wasn’t for the PC insisting.

Although that doesn’t take away instead of getting quests from the covenant npc, we are getting it from the Shandris and Ysera which is another irony that many night elves wouldn’t see as bias.

9 Likes

I just realized this thread is almost two weeks old.

Can we all agree to disagree yet?

https://i2.wp.com/www.nerdsandbeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

9 Likes