So apparently im just bad

Are you a ret pally? Try and save Wake of Ashes for the eggs whenever possible, that will help a lot with getting them down.

1 Like

Looking at your armory says you’re Lightsmith. I was having trouble with Zekvir on my prot pally too until I switched from Lightsmith to Templar and saved my Eye of Tyr/Hammer of Light for the eggs, which helped a lot.

1 Like

Try not to get caught up in what others might be doing.

One of the great things about Delves (and Zekvir by extension) is that you get to work on them at your own pace in your own time.

You aren’t “bad”, and you will beat him if you stick with it.

As others have said, don’t be afraid to play around with your talents. Delves aren’t a place where you need to go with a cookie-cutter build, all that matters is what works for you. If you aren’t already going with single target focused talents, that could be a good change to make.

I don’t play Paladin so I don’t really know how Protection is supposed to work, but I assume that the talents Blizzard made for them are functional. I put together the talents I would probably run if I were to try and do Zekvir as a Protection Paladin, which you can check out here: https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/paladin/protection/templar/DAPFBCURlQkAFQmFJEBAOVVVQVBSFFRJFEQCEQEFVVUBV

I just mostly avoided talents that dealt with AoE because AoE isn’t really all that important and focused on ST and damage. Similar deal for stuff that’s based around group utility, as we aren’t doing this with other players.

There is your problem. Zekvir is 100% tuned and set up to be challenged by dps classes, with Brann healing. I main Holy Paladin, but no chance I’m going into a Zekvir farm unless I’m specced Ret.

1 Like

Just keep at it and keep improving gear. You’ll get it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Should say Zekvir ? is easy once you can handle the eggs dps check. That’s the only difficult part about ?

If you can’t dps the egg down in time and still have enough dps/cooldowns to deal with the next egg you will not get it done.

If you get the egg to 1% and it hatched the spider will spawn at around 25% hp, use CC/interrupts to stop that cast, then prepare a defensive + Brann hp potions for enfeebled dot.

1 Like

So apparently im just bad

" On the day I was born
The nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder
At the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up
Said “leave this one alone”
She could tell right away
That I was bad to the bone

Bad to the bone
Bad to the bone
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
Bad to the bone

I broke a thousand hearts
Before I met you
I’ll break a thousand more, baby
Before I am through
I wanna be yours pretty baby
Yours and yours alone
I’m here to tell ya honey
That I’m bad to the bone
Bad to the bone

B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-Bad
Bad to the bone" - George Thorogood

3 Likes

Why is it an easy vault slot?

Tier 8’s are very easy.

Because as a DPS it takes approximately 2-3 minutes max whereas an actual T8 delve probably takes nearer 10 at that ilvl.

2 Likes

Do we miss out on anything like Brann or DJ XP?

Or does zekvir t1 pay the same?

What about maps?

Can those drop from there also?

I don’t want to miss out on this stuff cuz it’s all important to me, but 3mins sounds pretty good to me for fill a vault slot.

Yeah it’s purely for “The only thing of relevance I can get from delves is vault” which if you exclusively play delves as your endgame isn’t likely. Otherwise you should keep doing the bountifuls as and when they show up for crests and other such.

Doing zekvir counts as doing a non bountiful T8, it’s just faster.

2 Likes

k, thank you :slight_smile:

But you dont get bountiful loot or the chance at a map do you?

lol your not bad

No, but if you’re at a point where those things aren’t useful to you, or you want to get a fleet of alts their 616 vault items it’s very time efficient.

1 Like

Go ret and try putting Brann on heals. Ret is fairly easy and you get way more damage done than prot. GL.

1 Like

Even then you shouldn’t really need to be Ret at 600+ ilvl.

You’ll get it

Sometimes I had to change Brann from DPs to healer as I went thru.

I’d change him at the end if I got stuck.

I also take all the food, health pots, those 30sec DPS flasks, and buff phials and everything with me just like when I was Raiding.

The DF weapon runes and phials of versatility(use whatever phial you like most) are what I normally use. They are cheap and they still work just fine.

Delves are my end game and I treat it as such :slight_smile:
Having a blast!

edit: For Branns curios you are going to want

“Porcelain Arrowhead Idol”<—current BiS
“Amorphous Relic”<—current second BiS

These two are all you will need no matter what spec Brann is in.

1 Like

Be aware of what Brann brings to the table. His potions are pretty good. I also chose the talent for him that either buffs you or debuffs you at the start of a fight until it’s over. Get the buff and you have a pretty strong advantage.

Shadow is very, very good at Zekvir “??” too…I bet you could do him now if you haven’t tried!

3 Likes