So angry about Valor

God forbid anyone has an off spec trinket or piece to upgrade…
I’m out of points…

Valor was supposed to bridge apparent requirement for PVP and Heroic raiders stuck with 213 low gear. BUT it has proven to be anything of the likes.

Literally i upgraded 3 pieces and im out of points. I dont see honor points capped and pvp can upgrade that unlimited.

Very bad system Blizz.

• someone who has over 200 timed M+ keys
4 Likes

What did you upgrade? I can see this if you upgraded weapons, but other than that you should still have valor left over. Don’t forget that the cap will increase every week, just like conquest points.

People mentioned in valor post.

-people who focus mythic plus

People not mentioned in valor post

-people who focus pvp
-people who focus raid
-people who mulit-content

3 Likes

I’m just impressed you had three pieces worth upgrading, in 24 14-15 keys across three characters, I still haven’t spent one valor point as nothing I can use has dropped for them.

1 Like

750 is nothing. Can’t even upgrade a weapon.

1 Like

You can upgrade a weapon, just not a 2h. If you spent all 5000 valor already, you either wasted it on low base items or you didn’t prioritize the biggest upgrades.

750 can be 3 upgrades for many slots.

Drop rates aren’t so high that you can be super picky about what base level you start with. If you get a BiS 2H weapon at 203 (say from a 14 that you didn’t time), that’s a full 5k to upgrade to 220. Sure, you can upgrade a lot of bracers for that same valor cost, but that’s not going to be most people’s first priority.

1 Like

And that right there is a waste of Valor.
Weapons, with how much they cost shouldn’t be your priority unless it is the last thing you need.
And starting at 203 is not good either. Should have waiting for the weekly vault or farmed even more for a 210 base.
Yeah it sucks but using up 5k Valor for 1 item isn’t smart

3 Likes

are you people upgrading from m0 gear??? how did you already spend 5k?

How many weapon drops are you getting that you can reliably wait for a better version to drop. You could be waiting 100 years and never get a better one to upgrade.

That’s a gaping hole in the system.

3 Likes

Lol 100 years? Gear drops are no where near that bad. Do 100 dungeons maybe but not 100 years. Nothing wrong with having to wait for BiS. Any other time casuals are begging for gear progression. Now that they have gear progression they beg for no caps, or price reductions or more loot dropping.

If you are melee, weapon dps carries way more weight than secondaries. The focus should be getting literally ANY weapon and upgrading it (if you need the slot). Most Sims for 2h classes read like this:

Weapon dps 7.52
Haste 1.32
Vers 1.21
Crit 1.11
Mastery 1.10

Its super foolish to pass on a weapon with literally any stats and when this is the breakdown, upgrading any 210 is more efficient than the few dps you’ll get because it’s bis.

2 Likes

It is statistically possible to never see a particular piece of loot, regardless of how many times you kill something. It’s unlikely, but the chance of getting a second has the same potential. The odds of getting multiple versions of the same piece grow more unlikely, worsened by the limited number of opportunities any one player should be expected to reasonably try. The irony is that some people get the same pieces over and over, but never the ones they want.

1 Like

I mean nothing you said is wrong…but it should be obvious too

For the record, I was criticizing his suggestion that waiting for a better version of a weapon is the “wise” thing to do. That’s like telling someone to keep gambling because they’re destined to make their money back.

It might work sometimes, but it’s not advice that you can reliably dispense and expect suitable success.

3 Likes

Ohhhh that makes sense. Yeah the rolls aren’t in your favor but it all comes back around.

I’m at max points after spamming 15’s and getting 1 drop I needed.

My frustration lies elsewhere.

And thats why I added it as “the last thing you need”
For instance if you have 210 gear and NEED the BiS weapon upgraded, do that.
Say you have a 210 weapon but all your other gear is under 200, upgrading the weapon to max isn’t going to change a whole lot. Maybe you never get a ring or trinket or something. Then you finally do, you’re out of Valor and stuck with a low piece.
The thing is Valor is finicky.
If you need the weapon to upgrade and that is the smart move, do it. If you have low everything else maybe wait a bit.
I understand that weapon drops rarely happen, I was Hella lucky to get a good 226 in vault like 2 months ago

That’s reasonable advice. We are definitely on the same side here. The opportunity to waste Valor is too great. It seems far too easy to invalidate a lot of effort, beyond what would normally occur in circumstances like replacing a normal weapon with an heroic version.

With Raiding and PvP you have a pretty clear understanding of where your upgrades will happen and when to wait on them. The layers of rng with the Valor system cloud that decision and seem excessive to me.

2 Likes

My warrior got a MASSIVE power increase from the valor system. Very happy with it. 10/10 highly recommend.