So all we get for Wildhammer customization is... colored lines?

Not even a new hair/beard with feathers on them or slight height increase… or even a totem update?!

Child…

2 Likes

Or… maybe you notice on the Developer Notes for Alpha, under the “Coming Soon” section:

More Character Creation/Customization Updates

20 Likes

Always set your expectations low. That way, you won’t get disappointed.

:wink:

17 Likes

well the tattoos are there defining feature so yeah dont really need to much more besides a quest to get an armor set tmog tailored to them to round them out in my opinion and the only “tall” dwarves are Magni and Mauridin everyone elses uses the standard dwarf frame and you have the back lash from the light forged, highmoutian and dark iron to blame

That is what I always said to the ladies.

Wait… No!

3 Likes

That’s good and all, but if all you elves can get away with twenty thousand blue eyed blood/high elf threads, then all of us have the right to start threads asking for lore appropriate and rightful customization for other races

5 Likes

I still think fem dwarves need a bearded option.

5 Likes

Most blue-eyed elf threads aren’t even by BE players, they’re by Alliance players trying to get their fantasy “high elf” playable race.

But more so, my point was we’re a few weeks into alpha. I’m sure there’s more to come with customization options.

5 Likes

I do hope all core races get updated totems, they so low poly :frowning: they look horrible…

I’d also like some Wildhammer style hair and beards, feathers and all…

4 Likes

/sigh

The custom stuff isn’t all in the alpha.

Seems like no one can make threads about customizations otherwise the “it’s just alpha” crew is going to come down on you

1 Like

Dude they literally said not everything is in the alpha yet. Nor should it be. That’s not the point of an alpha or beta.

What do you expect, the Kul Tirans weren’t even finished by the time Zandalari were done. Mechagnomes still only have one dance for both genders.

If you play Alliance you are paying for half the effort. Although in the storytelling scheme of things its a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

You see datamining. Not official release stuff.

EXACTLY!! I get so disturbed playing a Kul’Tiran. They look like cement blocks…

Yeah, a lot of us have concerns like Goblins not getting facial hair options, Tauren getting nothing, Worgen form and human form customization not getting unlinked, etc.

A lot of people don’t seem to share those concerns and seem to think we’ll be getting oodles of new customization options for every race in every category of options plus Worgen and human form customization getting unlinked.

In reality, I think a lot of new additions for character customization are going to be delayed to or are otherwise planned for future patches after the initial launch of the expansion, and that it’s possible that Tauren won’t be getting new options at launch.

I also think that WAY too many people are assuming that Worgen and human form customization won’t be linked in Shadowlands. There’s a pretty good chance that Worgen form and human form customization will remain linked in Shadowlands.

I think expectations should be kept in check. At the moment, there’s no reason to think Dwarves are getting much more than new skin colors and tattoos, much like we shouldn’t expect new Tauren customization options for Shadowlands unless some show up in a playable state on the alpha or beta builds.

Patch 9.0.1 is also not the only patch that will add new customization options. If Dwarves don’t get a huge amount of new options in 9.0.1, they could get many new options in 9.1, for example.

4 Likes

Amazing points. Thank you for writing and sharing.

We should have gotten Wildhammers as an actual allied race instead of just their tattoos. They are the best Dorfs in WoW and while their Bronzebeard and Dark Iron cousins have a dedicated race in game, Blizzard just leaves the Wildhammers out in the cold. WILDHAMMERS DESERVE ALLIED RACE TREATMENT, DAMNIT!

5 Likes

There is going to be new hair and beard options.

Turns out if you look at something early, it will not be entirely finished.

2 Likes

Kul Tirans werent finished because they required more effort.

They were built from scratch.

The Zandalari were modified night elf / female troll frames.

You are complaining they spent too much effort on Kul Tirans while…at the same time…saying they spent half the effort.

This is an amazing level of contradictory thinking.

3 Likes