So... About Sylvanas

As much as I’m over the moon with this development, I want to know more about the dynamics of Sylvanas’ fractured soul. Was the RG just chilling in wow heaven this entire time?

1 Like

Honestly, with what we knew going in, it’s better than I was expecting.

The Sylvanas we know and love/hate is gone. Ceased to exist. An ex-Sylvanas.

The new combo character has traits of both and acknowledged culpability and that maybe Doing A Genocide was a bad thing. Pinning it on the evil twin and then over-writing the evil twin’s personality is a lame copout, but not exactly a surprising one.

But yeah, there goes our Sylvanas in possibly one of the lamer WoW deaths in recent memory.

4 Likes

The dynamics don’t exist. It’s just what they need to tell their garbage story where they exonerate a war criminal and shut out the actual victims, which Blizz is more than experienced in doing.

it seems like she was stuck as a soul shard in Zovaal’s personal trophy collection, as she says she “woke up” I would take that to mean she was basically like a tape you hit pause on.

2 Likes

if the fairytales book is canon than that part of the RG’s Soul has been in the jailer’s pocket this whole time reliving all her good memories with a hint of melancholy and metaphors about how fish (and Sylvanas) want love more than they want to live, and also being made to relive family betrayal over and over to hit home the feeling that family is garbage.

2 Likes

It seems that there was a bond with her and the Jailer this entire time. Wow

I’m gonna watch this video a gazillion times.

Edit:

Her emotional breakdown with Uther is so many feels :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Maybe that is how it is for all undead? Maybe the Forsaken never broke away from the Scourge after all.

1 Like

She’ll make a good Venthyr.

I don’t think cheering on Ranger General Sylvanas’ continued torture is very kind. The Jailer put her in an tormented coma with the only way out being to bind herself to the very monster Zovaal created. Ranger General Sylvanas is now carrying the crimes of Banshee Sylvanas and all the guilt and suffering Ranger General Sylvanas is experiencing because of the insurmountable weight of Banshee Sylvanas’ actions.

Zovaal is getting exactly what he wants still in twisting Ranger General Sylvanas’ soul, this time by fusing her with an unforgivable mockery of what she was.

The kindest thing that the Arbiter could do for Ranger General Sylvanas after the Jailer’s defeat would be to send her to Bastion where she could voluntarily have Banshee Sylvanas’ memories purges from her to erase Bashee Sylvanas once and for all and free Ranger General Sylvanas from the Jailer’s last laughs.

9 Likes

Don’t forget. We still have a Sylvanas novel coming up.

2 Likes

Oh he’s gonna die, I’m sharpening my blades as we speak. I just hope a lot of characters get awesome and satisfactory closure.

You know that is actually… I like that idea more than I expected to once I got over my knee jerk reaction to not sending her to Revendreth to sit in a crypt for a few thousand years.

3 Likes

She’s just gonna fake being reunited with her old self until she can escape. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hell yeah! It’s like the start of Legion, only not just for demons!

Or the end of King of Fighters 14!

Sylvanas fans get nothing. Alliance fans won. Like the spoiled bastards they are. Blizzard has alliance bias and it shows.

So one of the things I’ve noticed, take it or leave it is that. this person who is “dying” is the villian Sylvanas haters wanted her to be. Who really wanted, morally corrupt evil Banshee Queen Sylvanas to be the one who came out on top at the end of the day? Maybe some of you coughGrandbladecough should think on that.

4 Likes

As someone who was a fan of Sylvanas up to the end of Legion, I liked this cinematic.

I like what the writers have tried to do here.

I wish we hadn’t had to go through all of BfA and the Shadowlands to get here but I am happy with this spot right now.

9 Likes

Deathisfinal has argued with many Banshee Queen Sylvanas fans over the last few years specifically on this difference of opinions.

4 Likes

The Sylvanas we knew and love is dead. It was replaced with a pretender who is nothing like the character we used to care about. Killing off Sylvanas now would be a mercy since it interferes with the plans of Blizzard to hand over Sylvanas to the alliance.

Jesus christ even Erevien is right about something once in his life here.
What is the world coming to?

2 Likes

You’re right, I’ve never wanted mustache twirling Saturday morning cartoon Sylvanas anywhere near Sylvanas story. If the Banshee Queen was going to do ahem ahem…questionable things at least make it make sense. This whole knee jerk enemy of life nonsense story needed to die ASAP among other Saturday morning cartoon stuff that needed to be purged lol. I say trash it, unless they wanted to tie it in with something meaningful.

This is much much better than the alternative scenarios running through my head lol.

3 Likes