So... About Sylvanas

I was just honing in on the “because Uther said so” part : )

I think its more than that.

I noted this in another thread, but so far, in the PTR her personality and mannerisms don’t lend credence to the idea that this merged Sylvanas is radically different than her prior self. She has just grown a conscience and become introspective due to the Ranger General fragment’s influence.

So, she is still overall guilty of her misdeeds, but now she has admitted what she did was wrong. There were already signs that even her Banshee Queen aspect was having some doubts, and was trying desperately to convince herself her cause was just. She just cannot effectively lie to herself anymore post-merger.

2 Likes

Cdev unfortunately presented it as if Uther hadn’t jumped in to help Ranger General Sylvanas would have indefinitely rejected Banshee Sylvanas and remained in her coma.

1 Like

RG Sylvanas was checking on her and Blightcaller’s corn field when Uther showed up lol. She didn’t even know it was an option until he told her, I don’t see that as a negative. I didn’t get the vibe that she was refusing to merge until Uther informed her of the situation. I got the vibe that she was in la-la land.

Apparently she was reliving atrocities so chances are she was in Southshore waiting for it to rain Forsaken blight : )

When Uther shows up Ranger General Sylvanas asks “What is this?” and does not give indication that she knows where she is. The scene is more reminiscent of the location we visited when venturing into Uther’s memories to help him accept his death by Arthas’ sword, same as Ranger General Sylvanas.

2 Likes

Uther pulled RG Sylvannas into his own internal mindscape at first, then was able to move her around her own. He did so to help her process and come to terms with what the rest of her had become since she ended up on Zovaal’s tropy shelf.

5 Likes

Honestly, the location isn’t the point. My point was she was in la la land(reliving atrocities), not somewhere refusing to merge until Uther showed up.

Edit:

Nice filibuster tho lol jk : )

This was my point, yes.

She literally refuses even when he first tells her about the situation, saying “I cannot accept that” and “Never in a thousand lifetimes would I betray everything I stood for!”

2 Likes

Correct me if am wrong, but it seems that you believe that she was in la la land refusing to merge until Uther suggested she merged. If that is your point I don’t agree.

I feel as though she didn’t have an idea that merging souls was even an option, not so much that she refused it. She seems completely clueless about the whole situation.

You interpret that as she refused to merge? You’re making it sound like she was aware of everything that was going on, and refused to help until Uther asked her. It came across as if it was a dream to her, something that was aloof. She didn’t even know merging was an option, she’s completely unaware of what’s going on.

We gotta agree to disagree on that one bro, I don’t think she was refusing to merge. If anything she was refusing to believe that she would do all of those things that goes against her morals.

Not sure if you want to disagree with me just yet, I’ve been on a roll /flex

1 Like

This was also my point, yes. She would have never accepted that Banshee Sylvanas was something that was made from her after she died, and until Uther talked her into it wouldn’t have accepted it even if she knew it was an option.

What I think your trying to say, is Uther is helping her Come to terms with what happened. :wolf:

1 Like

Yes, he did.

But he didnt talk her into anything is my point. He tried to help Sylvanas realize that Zooval took a portion of her soul and made a twisted abomination out of it.

1 Like

I’m glad that we were able to find some middle ground, even when we disagree you are very respectful <3

I 100% agree, its 99.9% of the whole video.

Her flat out refusing to merge, is a totally different thing tho.

1 Like

My point was that the Cdev’s specifically had Uther say “She cannot wake” until he himself went in to help her do so.

I 100% agree with you here.

What’s your take on Uther saying her scar is deeper than his? I took at as confirmation that she has had it worse off than him.

Banshee Sylvanas was twisted a lot more than Uther was, yes. Even though Uther died first, he was not raised into undeath.

Though unlike Uther’s soul fragment that went to Bastion and was hurting from the soul wound, Ranger General Sylvanas seems to have been kept in an unconscious state, like the fragment of Uther’s soul that the Jailer had also kept.

2 Likes

Just that that’s how badly Arthas twisted her soul and Zooval further twisted it after Banshee Queen Sylvanas made her deal with the devil :wolf:

1 Like

Could also be compounded by the way that Uther’s soul fragment rejected being rejoined with him until he’d reconciled his trauma, while Zovaal basically forced the parts of Sylvanas back into one person with all of the conflicting problems between those parts still intact and unaddressed.

4 Likes

Zovaal definitely has it out for Sylvanas. Ranger General Sylvanas wasn’t even the one that turned against him or even knew who he was, and he still went as sadistic as he could on her.