Small race druids

Mecha-gnome and Vulpera are the easiest to do. Vulpera can be Worgs and fox for guardian and feral respectively or some other large dog, Just use stuff you already have the models for, easy peasy for Vulpera.

Mecha-gnome can be transformers which would in and of itself be legit. Which would require work on the animations kinda, but you already gatamos and the like. You don’t need to put in much work at all. It’s almost all done already.

We just need small race druids. I’m so sick of looking at this giant a$$ Tauren and troll races.

And for anyone who is gonna say anything about the lore, it’s all made up to begin with, just make up more. No one cares. If Blizz would just say yeah, these races are druids now because reasons, everyone would cheer, no one would care enough to fight about it.

I’m ready to pay for a race change any second, get that bread Blizz. I’ll throw money at it! So would 1000’s of other people. Big money, I know you like big money blizzard. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I also would like to play a smaller druid.

1 Like

I hate the whole gnome/mechagnome thought process for them to be druids. The whole point of druids is the natural environment as a weapon. Engineering, gnomes, and mechanical gnomes takes the natural environment and morphs it into machines. That’s not druidic that is perverting the natural order and forcing it into another thing.

steps off soap box

As for vulperas being druids, maybe if their ancestor was a wild god, then for sure

14 Likes

When you ask for improvements on mechanization from the prince as a druid, he literally looks at you and basically goes, “I don’t know how to make it work, try drugs instead.”

Mechagnome is basically out of the picture.
Gnomes may not have the direct physical limitation, but they make as little sense as Goblins, and Vulpera are basically just fennec gypsy goblins without the emphasis on explosives.

Yes. One of the most pollution happy races would be a nature loving class…

Pack form is banned.

Is it? Care to expand on this?

Yes. With pre-existing established rules.

I do. I’m all for making new stuff that fits within the current lore (Ie. Giving Druids more forms based on the current Wild God set-up.) but I don’t like ruining the lore just so you can have a different cosmetic.

Gonna need a source on that.

3 Likes

:b:roke: smol race druids
W :o2:ke: large and in charge :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m jsut saying it would be fun to play, idc abotu lore, no one really does when Blizzard steps on the lore and rewrites it.

Pack form is banned? Like being a dog as a druid instead of a cat? Or a large dog instead of a bear form…?

They have loads of foxes and large dog creatures runnign around the world, the animations for them are all intact, they just need to take all of them and put them into vulpera druid. You reaching for things to be mad at in this post.

What rules? The rules of blizzard making stuff up, come on dude, get a grip.

If blizzard gave the vulpera a backstory for being druids you wouldn’t care, again, get a grip.

There are literally hundreds of post about vulpera druids, all those people would pay money likely. I would and many of them would. Prolly 1000’s of people would. Many people hate playing large races, just as many like playing large races, 50/50 like human opinions. It’s a guess obviously, but it’s mostly educated.

If Vulpera became druids in game for w/e reason you wouldn’t bat an eye at it.

EDIT: Just for my own curiosity I googled vulpera druid and a ton of pages came up and plenty of them involve people begging to pay for a race change to Vulpera.

Coulda just googled my whole post and read what popped up and saved me the trouble of a response entirely. Vulpera are legit, everyone but you agree’s. lmao Plus large races suck to play imo.

Pack form, the Worgen curse… Turning into wolves as an aspect of Goldrinn is a banned Druid form in lore. Their are novels about this.

You may not care about the lore, but a lot of people do.

3 Likes

I’m not saying I would. I said Mecha-Gnomes was a bad idea. I also said that pack form is also a bad idea if they’re only doing it for one race. Either retcon the lore so Malfurion is so desperate that he needs to learn it and teach it to us, or keep it banded.

You can’t say “well it’s a banned form for 7 races, but this one… we’re ok with them using this murderous blood thirsty form. Just because they’re small, you know?”

Get a grip.

I never once said that Vulpera Druids was a bad idea. You came up with that all by yourself.

I’m on board with mecha gnome being extra stupid druid race, I just think it would be legit to be a transformer. I don’t play alliance though. And I’m not a massive lore buff but a friend of mine is and he agrees with both of us to the extent that he can agree with both of us. He thinks Mechagnomes would be legit but also agree’s it would be hella dumb. Just be nice to have a smash race druid on both sides.

I don’t see gnome or mechagnome being any kind of druid…

Maybe a dwarf? The wildhammer clan has a more nature themed feel to them

1 Like
1 Like

Night elves can for some reason be mages, despite elves’ insanely poor track record with arcane magic. Night elf mages existing at all in WoW basically immediately kills all serious “lore” Blizzard ever tried for.

We spent 50-75% of WoW history buying into the theory that Illidan was a bad guy. Somehow Kul Tirans stumbled upon Druid magic by accident. The zandalari thing just doesn’t really make any sense lorewise either.

Honestly, Blizzard “ruined the lore” that you claim is not ruined, a long time ago. Definitely not opposed to vulpera druids, but that also is kind of like Zandalari.

I think it’s pretty conceivable that one or more of the Wild Gods could see value in a nature-powered mechanical being. Keep in mind we had a mile+ tall sword plunged straight into the planet - our life-force. Druids must realize by now that adding new weapons to the druid army could be a very good thing, as our enemies are acquiring stronger and unique weapons, themselves.

They could even work in some actual lore around it and say mechagnomes must agree to power their body parts and other machinery with a nature-based ethereal magic to cut pollution - if for some reason pollution even really matters in Azeroth’s universe…

If not mechagnomes, then even gnomes could stumble upon something that triggers a druid-like path for them. They are certainly familiar with magic in general, and there’s no reason they couldn’t find a way to harness nature magic to power a small device that would turn into a vehicle, and allow the gnomes to “ride” in it as a form replacement, yet still having the same abilities/animations.

1 Like

Night Elves were Mages before they were Priests and Druids.

The Highborne were kicked out of Night Elf society because they refused to stop practicing Arcane magic. During Cataclysm Malfurion decided that their help was needed once again. He decided to let them back into their fold figuring “better the devil you know”. The Highborne were the lesser of two evils considering the other was Deathwing.

Any playable Night Elf Mage either was, or was trained by an exiled Highborne.

That lore makes sense.

Illidan IS a bad guy… He; again; was a lesser of two evils… It was either; “Let Illidan out of prison to help us, or the entire planet dies because Sargeras is coming”.

Illidan didn’t get a “redemption”. He was just working with us for a while. Now he’s not and he’s out of the picture.

Kul Tiran’s were recruited by Ulfar and the Thornspeakers who were native to the Island before the Kul Tirans showed up. After the war with the Drust, the Thornspeakers that defected decided to teach the Kul Tirans how to use the power of nature. We can assume that some Kul Tirans had minimal ability with Nature magic, just like the Gilnean harvest witches. As Ulfar states that some were drawn to the path of nature.

The Zandalari worship and take on the aspects of the Loa. The Loa are Wild Gods just like the Cenarion Wild Gods. They just take on a different name and form. They have a different connection to the Emerald Dream, but it’s still the same form of magic. They still connect with the Loa the same way a Night Elf connects with the Wild Gods.

Just because you don’t like the story, doesn’t mean others don’t. Just because you don’t pay attention to the story and quests, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t make sense.

Blizzard hasn’t ruined the lore. Some of it was expanded upon, and granted, some of it gets retconned (Looking at you Ardenweald), but it’s by no means ruined by these changes.

I think you should talk to the Natives that just LOVE the pipelines running through the wilderness.

Druids are all about balance and preserving nature. Gnomes; especially Mecha-Gnomes; are all about tearing it down to make metal structures, parking lots, and factories. Have you seen Mechagon’s home base? It’s not exactly nature friendly. I get where you’re coming from, but I’d imagine from the mind of a Druid; who attacks orcs for cutting down trees to build their homes with; Mecha-Gnomes are the last thing they would want in their group.

If that were a previously established thing, then I would agree with you… But it’s not. We’ve never seen any hint that something like this exists with nature magic. That’s more of an Arcane thing. Enchanting objects to move on their own. Animating the inanimate. Transforming something into something else. That’s Arcane’s shtick.

They’re familiar with Arcane Magic and Fel Magic, which is something that anyone who studies hard enough can tap into. That doesn’t mean they can just tap into the powers of nature when they live for destroying it for the sake of technological progress.

That’s more of an Arcane Magic thing. Arcane is all about altering the fabric of reality. Animating objects, or turning them into something else. That’s not really how Nature magic works, and it’s never been shown to work like that.

And saying “Well, you can just say it does” is what will ruin the lore. There’s never been any established rule that that’s how Nature magic works. It’s been established that Arcane works that way. And saying “Just make it up. Make new lore to support it” is just extremely bad writing and story telling.

All so you can have a new skin… I’m not for that. I’m not for completely ruining the backstory that this game was built on just so you can play as a short dude.

Vulpera I get. Vulpera I’m here for. That could actually fit into the lore. Gnomes of any kind, don’t. I would further see a Dwarf Druid than a Gnome Druid. Even that’s stretching it, but you could at least make an argument for it.

And I’ll say it again… Saying “Just make new lore” isn’t a solution.

2 Likes

Amen brother

1 Like

That’s exactly my point. They were mages, but the very fact that they were mages and exiled anyone not willing to give it up, and then proceeded to allow arcane magic back into the night elf society with basically no reasoning implies that they are willing to explore new power and even revisit old powers that once cause great destruction…

What’s to say the Druids won’t explore a new mechanical approach to their mission?

The fact that it’s the complete opposite of everything they stand for… It’s the exact thing that they fight against.

So it was “previously established” that night elves and arcane magic do not mix. Then Night Elves accepted Arcane magic back for absolutely no reason. Like there is literally no explanation for why they suddenly had a change of heart about it.

You are conflicting your very own opinion. Why can’t a nature ethereal power source be one of the lore changes if Night Elf Mages are OK with you?

Story and lore wise druids believe in the circle of life, is there death yes but a natural death. Anything outside that is an abomination. Destroying wild lands for mining oil, killing random animals without using the fur or meat, or something that messes with the natural order is their enemy.

1 Like

How does a Vuplera fit into the lore in your world?