Slyvanas will step down

I have a feeling thats how she will redeem herself in the Horde eyes. Voljin can't do anything else to her. She is their most poular warcheif ever where as thrall is only among the Orcs. Look at the mix races that is fighting in the shadow of Tedrassil. Zero remorse or guilt. Unlike Thrall Horde.

Even Garrosh Horde went too overboard with alienating their members. But the cinematic show a nice blend of races working to end the night elves something Garrosh and Thrall never had.

So... I think Slyvanas will realized shes helpinh an old god and instead xof going power hungry. Does the right thing. Turn on the old god and then step down. That would show real leadership.
I'd take it, but I suspect you're wrong. Blizz has repeatedly taken the obvious path.
No she wont. She has a personal motivation in this war beyond what she enticed Saurfang with (an objective that she suggests would even place beings like Elune against her). She also knows there is no going back for her after Teldrassil, the Alliance will NEVER stand down as long as she remains in a position of power within the Horde (and that likely includes within the Forsaken).

Then there of course is her motivation to never return to her afterlife (which yes, is a primary driving force for her even now). Her stepping down would only put her in danger ... she's better off not making it official and just bailing to parts unknown if that's the route she plans on going. If she can use the Horde to get closer to her goal until she feels forced to make that call, all the better.
Make a big mess and retire to the Bahamas.

Just like a real great leader.
I'm actually hoping she withdraws into hiding and continues to provide small variants of the story based on the Zekhan choice.
11/03/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Droité
She also knows there is no going back for her after Teldrassil, the Alliance will NEVER stand down as long as she remains in a position of power within the Horde (and that likely includes within the Forsaken).

The Alliance are not going to stand down anyway. Its clear in the next patch Anduin has lost control and respect. The Night Elves are not going to stop if Sylvanas goes away.

This war is going to only escalate further.
11/03/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Shivallah
I'd take it, but I suspect you're wrong. Blizz has repeatedly taken the obvious path.
You'll never guess who burnt down teldrassil! It's gonna be an amazing twist!
11/03/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Bronnix
11/03/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Droité
She also knows there is no going back for her after Teldrassil, the Alliance will NEVER stand down as long as she remains in a position of power within the Horde (and that likely includes within the Forsaken).

The Alliance are not going to stand down anyway. Its clear in the next patch Anduin has lost control and respect. The Night Elves are not going to stop if Sylvanas goes away.

I am very much concerned about this, yes. I very much hope it does not end up being the case. I do not want the Night Elves responsible for making the war worse for the Alliance.
11/03/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Amadis
I am very much concerned about this, yes. I very much hope it does not end up being the case. I do not want the Night Elves responsible for making the war worse for the Alliance.

It would be a good way to make the Horde feel like they actually have a reason in this dumb war.

The already are they went and started this new battle without any kind of planning with the rest of the Alliance they basically tell Anduin to shove it from what Ive heard.

Yeah, but I'd say the Night Elves should dictate the terms of the war, as they suffered the most for it.

But it won't be framed that way. Anduin has to be right, and they'd gladly throw Tyrande and/or Malfurian under the bus for Anduin's character development as a king.

That's really just a perspective thing man. Do you think they were in the wrong to storm off and try to retake Darkshore against Anduins wishes? Any fallout is just something you have to roll with as they come. That's one of the downsides of an Alliance, but it's also how Teldrassil burned in the fist place soooo, ya know, perspective.
11/03/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Bronnix

The already are they went and started this new battle without any kind of planning with the rest of the Alliance they basically tell Anduin to shove it from what Ive heard.

Yes, but more my concern about is Tyrande seeking vengeance on Saurfang specifically. If we do go down a path of vengeance, which to be fair a number of people might very well want to, if this does lead to a Tyrande bearing down on Saurfang, I would hope that the Night Warrior state would either wear off as she comes face to Saurfang's pennant face, or at least intrinsically informs Tyrande that it isn't Saurfang that vengeance is needed against, when he was calling for the catapults to stop, but that Tyrande's bow should be pointed not at Saurfang, but Sylvanas instead.

Because else wise, yeah, there is a considerable risk that we can be on the edge of peace, and Tyrande could call for the Horde to burn instead, and then we'd be just as responsible for the war continuing, the blame for which is not what the Night Elves need right now. I strongly do not want to see Tyrande ultimately being responsible for the war getting worse for the Alliance. That would be terrible.
Slyvanas will step down

I think you're right, I wonder who will be the new Warchief.
11/03/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Slyvanas will step down

Anduin.
11/03/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Slyvanas will step down

I think its clear who Blizz plans on.

And I disagree with people saying she wont step down. She never wanted the position and that point has been hammered on several times since she became Warchief. It has only brought her trouble from day one and she has gained nothing she didn't already have or could get if she wanted.
11/03/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Feldaran
Make a big mess and retire to the Bahamas.

Just like a real great leader.

It worked for Thrall.
Dictators don't surrender power willingly.

Especially not paranoid genocidal ones.
11/03/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Skytotem
Dictators don't surrender power willingly.

Especially not paranoid genocidal ones.
She killed most of her people in Arathi to "keep her kingdom as it was."

Well if you saw the cinematic with Tyrande and Malfurion in it, the Nelfs are definitely going to be making things worse.