Slow Down Classic Content Release!

Can you link to anything that would confirm player progression would effect release?

What do you mean? Players were progressing faster than Blizzard expected, so they released DM earlier, yes. But DM was released prior to BWL in vanilla too.

Did you even read the quote from Blizzard you yourself posted?

They’ve said multiple times, including days before the release in the Esfand interview, the Phase release times would greatly depend on the community.

1 Like

Or maybe they had planned p2 by now but because not enough people left to remove layering fully they couldn’t do that so instead just gave us diremaul! We honestly don’t fully know the reason.

My god, could you not just watch 30 seconds of the video I clipped?

Watch these nine seconds then.

We don’t, no. But possibly the additions DM had (maybe the devs play casters/healers) were one of the influences as well. Perhaps DM was already ready, but they’re still fixing some world bosses.

Bwl was only released prior to release in europe. And to them thats all fine and good but what about mirroring the exprience that na players had?

Tou are aware that the player power progression comment was in context to how pvp gear affects players? Its important to note context.

MC wasn’t cleared before the release of Dire Maul in NA Vanilla. MC was cleared by tens of thousands of players by the time Dire Maul released in Classic.

They should have released Dire Maul earlier.

I’m not your dude, friend.

And I’m not the one trying to dictate how others should play. Something you folks seem to all say is “I want to be able to linger and enjoy the game” - so, do so. Me, I hope they keep releasing stuff, even if I’m not nearly ready for it. I’m taking my time as well, because I don’t want to deal with waves of people scrambling around the new content. I like it that others will get it out of their system before I get there.

Maybe you folks should be telling your guildies to slow down, so you have people to play with, instead of demanding the whole server stand still as extras for your big scene.

1 Like

uwatm8?

BWL was released in July 2005, EU game came out in Feb.

I watched where he said they would cater to the majority of players if they were ready. Basic census data tells us that the majority of players are not ready. So thats that?

Yes i know, we agree?

It was, MC was downed Jan 2005 during patch 1.2, you’re think of Mauradon.

Yeah no. You dont change release schedule based on players flying through the game. Thats silly to pander to the minority.

If we went by what happened in vanilla playerwise we’d already be in BWL right now.

Vanilla MC had a lot of issues that made it a LOT slower.

Blizzard has already said they aren’t trying to mirror the time table, they’re trying to mirror the patch progression.

Please point to where Blizzard stated player power-progression was referencing PvP gear and not player-based PvE progression.

If we talk about majority, the average level is late 40s~early 50s. DM release was perfectly timed.

Well, this argument is going no where.

You can play BfA if you want a game where the majority is allowed to catch up in progression and gear.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to dictate anything, my dude, everyone here is just expressing an opinion that will have no bearing on what happens. My original comment stands.

That’s just not true though. There’s more pugs for 60 content being ran than pre-60 content on every release day server.

The players who aren’t 60 at this point generally don’t care about being bleeding edge at this point, and don’t care if they’re behind (because they aren’t pushing very hard to begin with). I see no reason to delay progressive content for people who don’t care. There are a LOT of 60s who’re getting to the point where they’re raid logging, taking long breaks, etc. Now is the correct time to release DM, and there should be a steady content trickle from here on out.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can, and it doesn’t take either of your conditions. My guild kept a steady population of 60’s in a non-raid centric guild. People stayed because we were alt friendly, and did guild runs and events. It wasn’t because they were lackluster. In part -it was because the attitudes of hardcore guilds simply aren’t fun to hang out in for some people.

The first guild I was in splintered over raiding Kara. The raiders created their own guild. And splintered over and over. The “social” players, us, formed a guild and that lasted until SoO, at which point, combined with WoD, even I left WoW.

Just as you said “unless your guild’s focus isn’t raiding”, if an individual’s focus isn’t raiding, raiding guilds have nothing to entice them with.