Slow Down Classic Content Release!

This literally only outlines the phases and gives zero dates. They also don’t mirror vanilla patch cycles, they’re lumped together to give more content per phase than per patch did in vanilla.

There’s no timeline there with actual time, just steps.

1 Like

I mean, it really doesn’t take much to hit 60, we have people in our guild who hit 60 week three with really good jobs and kids.

They launched bwl 8 months into vanilla, why would they wait a year in classic lol.

U jokn brah

I mean one of our guilds has killed rag, and it isn’t yours, so I don’t know if you should act like you know about the process you’re going through with such assurance. Pride comes before the fall. I’m trying to say that you need to be careful over the next couple weeks, because the worst is yet to come.

Please speed up content… why are battlegrounds not out yet? Just because they release content doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. If they don’t speed up content then only gonna be two raiding guilds on the server left by the time you hit 60. The raiders that are going to be carrying you are already getting bored.

If they were mirroring the original content release timeline, they wouldn’t have posted this. Ion wouldn’t have said the phase release schedule is “flexible” in that video either.

The content is being released when Blizzard feels an appropriate number of players have beaten the current content.

It says right in the text “based on both your feedback and our own deliberations, we’re now planning to increase it to six phases. Our focus is still primarily on player power-progression, but we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW. To do that, we’re planning to mirror the approach taken by original WoW, with patches paired together.”

If this isnt explaining that they are trying to mirror the original launch then i dont know what is.

If thats the case then the player base is even smaller then we thought!

Except they explained they are changing those specifically to keep the game more balanced even though they would like to stick to the original releases. Did tou even read the qhole thing?

You’re misinterpreting what they’re saying and the release of Dire Maul confirms that.

They aren’t mirroring the content release dates, only the order in which content released.

Phase 2 is PVP content. Its something that would have drawn even more people to classic right away. No need to hold it back.

Holding back tiers makes sense, holding back PVP content does not.

Btw, there’s 40,000 Ragnaros parses from the last week on warcraftlogs. The content release schedule is going to be much faster than it was in Vanilla.

2 Likes

If MC was actually Interesting I’d agree, already quit our raid team because MC was a snoozefest I’d rather not have to deal with for at least 6 months.

I dont disagree with you on this. Im not in a hurry to raid MC. I love the 5 man content of classic. But id like battle grounds.

If you can’t match the pace of the game’s release schedule then that’s not a wow problem, it’s a Rutheus problem and needs to be fixed on that end.

Mirror the approach taken by original WoW, like releasing AQ40 after BWL… they never said anything about dates and they actually mentioned that player progression was a key factor in phase release.

2 Likes

The release of dire maul was changed. So anything it signifies is therefor moot unless your discussion is about why it changed.can you shoe me where they said that?

Can you link to anything that would confirm player progression would effect release?

What do you mean? Players were progressing faster than Blizzard expected, so they released DM earlier, yes. But DM was released prior to BWL in vanilla too.

Did you even read the quote from Blizzard you yourself posted?

They’ve said multiple times, including days before the release in the Esfand interview, the Phase release times would greatly depend on the community.

1 Like