Slow Down Classic Content Release!

You need to look deeper buddy. Maybe the first google result doesn’t tell you all you need to know about the situation. Wikipedia has the proper date. Google has a generalist one and done date, but EU was not included in that window.

Every EU streamer and content creator talks about the release in 2005, and Preach has talked extensively on how DM was in at launch. Nobody on the EU forums is complaining, because it was out by the time the majority of EU players hit 60.

Nov 2004 - Wow launch NA/AU
Feb 2005 - Wow launch EU
Mar 2005 - DM

These are easy to find. The original launch dates are on the wiki page for wow.

Again. Nobody has left yet and i talk personally with the people that reach 60 and are ready to raid. Im not sure what your going on about but it seems a personal problem. Besides if people leave guild to do one raid and be content walled they werent very loyal players anyway and you dont want that type.

Nobody has left because there’s still a good chunk of things to do (even without DM, but especially now with it) and it’s only been 2 months. Do you think only having MC/Onyxia would be a good thing for a full 8 months?

Just wait. You’ll see. It doesn’t happen quickly. The seeds of doubt get sewn between week 1.5 and week 2 at 60 with nobody else there to play the game in guild. You need 40 players to raid. That’s no small number. You will lose bodies on the road to 40, and depending on your recruitment, you either beat the hemoraging pre-raid or you don’t.

Again, these players will be forced to pug the raids, and if they pug in with guilds, they will get offered positions. There’s a strong incentive as a 60 in a leveling guild to leave to play with.

Why would they stay guilded with players that offer them nothing, when they could be playing in a community of 45+ level 60 players, that are always running dungeons, raids, etc?

The whole guild structure changes between leveling and cap. You can’t retain 60s with a guild focus on leveling. It’s just not really possible. The 60s that do stick around are either saints or lackluster enough not to get offers to join other guilds.

Let’s try this again.

Link the source for your claim that Classic was supposed to mirror original content timelines.

1 Like

Guess its all saints in my guild then. Though i would call them decent humans.

It’s a video game. They don’t owe you anything.

Again, if they’re just capping, give it 2 weeks. A fresh 60 has good morale, and there’s still a lot to do. As they continue to progress at 60 over the next few weeks, they get funneled into raiding as the primary form of progression content, and either their guild supports them with the content, or they’re basically forced to find another guild to progress thier character.

Most people have some capacity for patience, and there’s a lot of content at 60, but it runs dry pretty quick.

Its a thread called classic content plan. It says right in the blue text. I think its stickied but it wont let me link? Shouldnt be hard to find.

If we are aiming to recreate the vanilla experience then all the players who aren’t 60 yet are far behind the top 5-10% and should never be allowed to even step into AQ 40 or Naxx.

The fact is this isn’t the same and shouldn’t be treated as if it is the same.

1 Like

Some of my 60s have been there for about 2 weeks. But clearly if you say so, it must be true. Or maybe i just get good people?

This literally only outlines the phases and gives zero dates. They also don’t mirror vanilla patch cycles, they’re lumped together to give more content per phase than per patch did in vanilla.

There’s no timeline there with actual time, just steps.

1 Like

I mean, it really doesn’t take much to hit 60, we have people in our guild who hit 60 week three with really good jobs and kids.

They launched bwl 8 months into vanilla, why would they wait a year in classic lol.

U jokn brah

I mean one of our guilds has killed rag, and it isn’t yours, so I don’t know if you should act like you know about the process you’re going through with such assurance. Pride comes before the fall. I’m trying to say that you need to be careful over the next couple weeks, because the worst is yet to come.

Please speed up content… why are battlegrounds not out yet? Just because they release content doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. If they don’t speed up content then only gonna be two raiding guilds on the server left by the time you hit 60. The raiders that are going to be carrying you are already getting bored.

If they were mirroring the original content release timeline, they wouldn’t have posted this. Ion wouldn’t have said the phase release schedule is “flexible” in that video either.

The content is being released when Blizzard feels an appropriate number of players have beaten the current content.

It says right in the text “based on both your feedback and our own deliberations, we’re now planning to increase it to six phases. Our focus is still primarily on player power-progression, but we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW. To do that, we’re planning to mirror the approach taken by original WoW, with patches paired together.”

If this isnt explaining that they are trying to mirror the original launch then i dont know what is.

If thats the case then the player base is even smaller then we thought!