Slime Cat forcing players into pug raids

That depends on your concept, for me LFR is queue content, since system provides everything for you, while PUG content is mostly related to premade content of players that doesn’t know each other.

You seem to not be taking into account communities exist, outside the guild this is the other option to avoid the pug world.

The only difference is a human is picking the Raid team in Normal PuG’s and above and the game is picking the Raid team in LFR. Both are PuG’s where no one knows each other for the most part.

I’ve found pugging Normal to be much faster than doing LFR btw.

Those token sale though.

1 Like

Toekn sales…bosting channel… sure friendship runs

2 Likes

I mean Blizzard officialy support boosting throught boosting channel next expansion. So it’s part of the game at this point but I don’t see much riot about that.

CC also consider players that don’t like pug content and their guilds/cores left the game until DF…the S4 experiment isn’t for everyone. A lot of players don’t mind gear with a new expansion really close.

BOOSTING.

There’s your answer for WHY they did it. Blizzard makes money off it.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t use a thread from that clown as a way to support your argument. Not only did they get the numbers wrong, they completely left out the part where the vast, vast, VAST majority of the games growth came during a time period where raiding was THE form of progression, with all that growth during a time when LFG didn’t even exist, let alone any sort of queue system.

Also, conveniently left out how the majority of the people leaving was after Blizzard put in systems to help the “casual” playerbase, you know, like LFR.

Edit: It was actually all of the games growth lol.

my biggest issue right now is the communication with the playerbase, it’s really bad to have this kind of news really close to the patch when a lot of players took the decision of taking a break until DF launch.

If they took a break, does it matter? If they are complaining about a mount, they clearly never took a break lol.

No, I mean that my core took a break but i care about this cosmetic, so now instead of doing with my friends this progress, I must do it as pug player and deal with the toxic community on LFG. My plan was doing it via LFR, bc just like my friends, i don’t care about the gear progress that’ll be irrelevant once DF launch. M+ is a better source for gear

I feel like that isn’t really Blizzard’s problem.

LFR is technically a pug as well and probably just as toxic, if not more so.

1 Like

A pug? That’s just the half of it. You’ll also have to feed it and clean it’s litter box and it will still run around and knock everything off your counters for no reason.

1 Like

I consider this like a problem from them because players can discuss any plans with their corresponnding guilds/cores, its similar to announcement for season’s end like 1 week before next patch which was discussed multiple times that a better approach is like a month before that season’s end.

Well considering we have known a Season 4 was coming for a while, as well as a mount associated with it, you had plenty of time to discuss it with people. If no one was interested in it, or you failed to bring it up, no matter where Blizzard put the mount, it wasn’t Blizzard’s problem lol.

Because, the mount achievement wasn’t for normal +, that’s the whole point of so many threads today about “any difficulty”.

There’s not achievements in the game for SL raids completion in normal only, the first achievement shares progress with LFR. Blizzard should clarify those details like the Heroic achievements text that has “Heroic or higher”.

2 Likes

Right, but it would have been better to run it with your group of peeps either way. Your argument was about not having your core group to run it with because they went on break or weren’t interested, not about the mount not being available from LFR. As I said before, at that point it wouldn’t have mattered where the mount was because even if it WAS available through LFR, it would have made more sense to just run it on Normal with your regulars. Not only would it have been faster, it would have been a lot easier as well.

Sure, but if it was available on LFR like a lot of players assume, I wont even bother to ask my core to pay sub for S4 content. I’d have just played S4 on my own doing LFR and just taking my time with ksm. I asked my raid leader today and it seems that there’s not anyone for S4, maybe we’ve to look for new players for DF.

Yeah, I get that, I just don’t think anyone can say Blizzard is forcing them through pugs when the group of people they normally run content with made a conscious decision not to do anything in Season 4. I think it’s pretty dumb to leave the mount out of LFR as well but I’m also mostly indifferent about it. If I wanted it, I would find a way to get it either way.