SL Melee 3v3 Difficulty/Skillcap Tier

I’m trying to figure out what’s the easiest to hardest classes to master going into shadowlands for melee. So far I think it’s something like;

(easiest to hardest)

DH > Frost Dk > Windwalker > Ret Paladin > Enh Sham > Assass > Surv Hunter > Feral > Arms > Sub

Keep in mind that I’ve played almost exclusively casters and healers, so really, I could be completely off. Which is why I’m here. What do you guys think are the easiest melees to master and which are the hardest to master for 3v3 arena?

I think the skill differential between enh warrior and feral is all pretty close with the utility they’ve gotten back, and I think surv is right below sub. Unholy also might be up there.

Sub is not hard you just dance and spam 1 button

2 Likes

Hottest take ive seen for Shadowlands thus far

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii DH prolly going to be one of the harder / skill required melee to play all memes aside. DH is super squish right now. Going to actually need room temp IQ to play decent or they flop so quick. Laugh now but you guys will see what I’m saying

4 Likes

there’s no way in hell assa is harder/has a higher skill cap than ww lmao

assa should be right after frost dk, ww should be where arms is, arms should be after enhance but below sv although sv/feral/sub/ww are all pretty equal in terms of difficulty to play so id go with = over > for the last 4

2 Likes

i feel like the mobility issues/ team utility skill cap/ low control of ret should land it higher on a list about arena difficulty.

hasn’t had an S tier comp in a long long time. rotation wise, yeah pretty easy but to win tough games is a struggle sometimes

1 Like

ret doesn’t have much of a skill cap anymore cause of all the pruning it’s gotten

really the only skillcap ret has now are sancing fast or pre sancing, using your mobility at good times and covering your wings/using it at smart times to get good value other than that there’s not much you can really do to impact the game nowadays

Assassination is a lot lower. Like just above Frost DK but under the hybrids. WW is harder than Ret, probably the same tier as Enhance. Feral is harder than Arms and Sub, especially with Snap shotting in Slands.

I think Sub played perfectly is as hard as Feral played perfectly, but Sub in SLands right now has a much higher skill floor than Feral. Especially with how over tuned they are.

I’d also put Unholy DK/Surv over Arms.

I don’t have the beta and a lot of what I wrote was guestimating based off things I’ve read/heard.

I forgot to put unholy dk. I’ve heard sub is simple to get started but the skill cap is very high, is that true?

I wanted to play a ret for SL because I wanted to main a melee for the first time and I like their burst, but from what I’ve heard it’s not very good despite being easy to play.

i feel like 1 spell reflect, intervene, and ignore pain being a huge rage dump is going to push good wars way up and bad wars way down unlike right now

i think though intervene might be pretty dummy proof right now though with 6 second duration unfortunately

I’m not really familiar with how feral plays but from what I’ve heard, the skillcap for arms has risen because they’ve gotten so much of their utility returned to them.

i didn’t even realize it lasted the full duration

figured it worked like old iterations where it just intervened the first ability used

supatease thinks that ret will be an s tier comp with sub/disc. at the same time, though, why run ret/sub when you can just run sub/spriest? lol

True, people seem to make that mistake all the time. Because something isn’t very strong doesn’t mean it takes much mechanical skill to play in the first place.

Buff Enhance

1 Like

WW is by far has the highest skill gap of any melee spec going into SL. Everything else is pretty straight forward besides maybe survival, feral, and sub.

although ret in 2s while not requiring much mechanical skill definitely requires good game knowledge and strategy to beat certain comps because of how magnified your weaknesses are in 2s as ret, so i’d argue that’s an exception to its not very high skill cap

yeah playing with a sub seems pretty decent, would definitely enable you to connect at opportune times

What makes survival hard?