SL Item Levels (as of 10/3)

I’ve seen a few posts asking about this in varying threads, so I’ll put this in one place. Keep in mind, the item levels have been changing a bit recently and are still subject to change.

Crafting
L60 blues (151 item level)
L60 upgraded blues (168 item level, requires a revered reputation to make)

Covenant Armor
This is gear that can be upgraded up to item level 197. It requires progress in the covenant campaign and anima.

PvP
Starting honor gear (158 item level)
Fully upgraded honor gear (190 item level, requires a prohibitive amount of honor for a full set)

Starting conquest gear (190 item level)
Fully upgraded conquest gear (unknown, requirements unknown)

Dungeons
Normal (157 item level)
Heroic (170 item level)
Mythic 0 (183 item level)
Mythic+ End of Dungeon Chest (187 for m2 up to 210 for m15)
Only one reward per dungeon. In other words, only one person gets loot.

Raids
LFR (187/194 item level)
Normal (200/207 item level)
Heroic (213/220 item level)
Mythic (226/233 item level)

Weekly Vault
Raids (item level depends on raid difficulty)
Mythic+ (200 for m2 up to 226 for m14)
Conquest (item level depends on rating)

World Quests
These seem to scale with your renown level and item level and are fluctuating a lot. ATM, they are consistently giving 200 item level rewards (with 190 item level and 40 renown).

Covenant Callings (similar to Emissaries)
These have an RNG chance to reward gear. The highest reward I have seen so far is 203 item level.

World Bosses
These give 207 item level gear.

Torghast
Unknown - this has been dropping placeholders instead of loot, but I haven’t done it recently.

Dungeon Bonus Event
Completing four mythics gives a 213 item level reward.

Let me know if you have further information I can add or corrections that need to be made. I’ll keep this updated if changes are made to the systems.

10 Likes

Woops, need to add raids. Working on it.

edit: Done, also added world bosses but their loot tables are all empty ATM in the adventure guide.

both pvp and M+ got trolled this time, normal raid starts at ilvl 200, and heroic starts at 213. the last two bosses of the first raid drop stuff with +7 levels higher as well.

i like the use of the wrath ilvl numbers, however thats straight up unfair that someone can deck out a toon to 200+ with faceroll content in two sessions of raiding but you will need hundreds of hours of bg grinding to reach 190.

8 Likes

BGs give conquest as well, right?

According to the current UI, BG wins give conquest but it really doesn’t seem like they have decided how conquest is going to work yet. So, that could change.

Torghast is another source of gear but it has done nothing but drop (epic quality) placeholders since it was introduced. I haven’t done it in several weeks, however. It might end up being a main source of gear for casual players since it can be solo’d.

1 Like

kinda makes me think it will be like the current upgrade token: completely useless

weeks of play to “upgrade” an item to lower than anything you currently have.

there is still the stat issue.

the vendor needs to only offer vers and haste/mastery/crit. and pvp gear needs bonus stam over pve gear. (in case you are taking notes blizz, 5%. 5% more stam on pvp gear, 5% more primary stat on pve gear.)

something i was thinking about, Ion’s shaman is like honor level 4, and has been that way all expac, meaning he doesn’t pvp. the dev team needs a director of pvp, and that person needs to actually pvp in some fashion.

3 Likes

I’m avoiding the stat issue for this. Some pieces (main armor pieces) only have one choice. Neck, rings, trinkets, cloak have three choices. Weapons have many choices since there are two-hand or one-hand options. Most pieces have a choice with versatility (for the honor vendors, the conquest vendors might be worse).

So by the time we get enough rep to be revered, our gear is useless . Gotcha

Pretty much the case for crafting the 168 upgrades.

ATM, even the 151 LW pieces require a material that you need revered to even make. By the time you get revered the gear will be obsolete. Tailoring is by far the easiest and fastest to level, so you can benefit almost immediately from tailoring with the 151 gear. Blacksmithing isn’t locked behind rep, but requires materials more difficult to collect than tailoring.

I’ve submitted feedback on this multiple times.

It’s just PvP, the only “nerf” to M+ that I’ve seen is the loot drops going down to 1 piece per run. This will somewhat slow down M+ gearing, but it will probably still be the fastest way to gear up (due to being lockout-free/spammable content).

The BFA bg gear is actually better than SL bg gear if you think about it. The current BFA bg gear is 425 compared to LFR’s 430 gear - and requires no additional grinding other than just completing bgs (random chance to drop upon completion).

Now compare this to the SL bg gear; starts at 158 and needs hours and hours of grinding just to upgrade 1 piece to 190… while an LFR piece is 187 baseline :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In other words, the grind isn’t worth it to anyone with a brain. In terms of time-efficiency, you’re better off just doing a few LFR (faceroll content) runs.

1 Like

I saw someone run a +10 keystone but the loot said 204 and mythic +2.

the thing is, the gearing situation for pvp is so bad that if it weren’t for hanlon’s razor, it would be obvious to everyone that the devs are trying to intentionally kill pvp and drive pvpers from wow so they dont have to bother addressing our concerns anymore.

Ion thinks reincarnation is a powerful shaman defensive … of course he does not PvP.

4 Likes

As long as conquest continues to be earned through unrated, throttled means like daily wins, CTA, etc. and as long as conquest gear can be upgraded to be on par with heroic raid gear (213) then I’ll be satisfied. Even with all the current unknowns, I already know that this system will feel much better than what we’ve had in BfA.

I’d be more satisfied if they offered more stat combinations than just three per slot but we’ll see what they do. Anyway, thanks for being on top of this. I appreciate having this info in a concise, easy to find place.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if the unrated conquest gear will be similarly expensive to “upgrade”. If it is, then rip - won’t be any point farming that either (in terms of time-efficiency). So far not much info on unrated conquest gear, so who knows.

I think the gear system structure is good but it needs some work, namely:

• Honor gear should have fewer upgrades and start at a higher ilvl. There is no way a battleground is on par difficulty wise with a normal dungeon. Starting it at 170 (heroic dungeons) and upgrading through to heroic raiding via 4 upgrades feels much better.
  • Conquest gear should start at heroic raid level, upgrading all the way to mythic’s best gear (rating dependant for the highest levels?)
  • Honor gain should be looked at. I’m not seeing much from beta about how much honor is being awarded from battlegrounds, but if it is anything like live and each piece has 4 upgrades (as above) or 6 (actual), that is way too much requirement for lacklustre gear.
3 Likes

This cracks me up… And saddens me immediately after lol… Legit I’m considering not playing a shaman for the first time since vanilla. Rip nawat.

2 Likes

ATM (according to the UI) the amount of honor and conquest you get for BG wins is the same as live. I’m hoping that increases or the cost decreases.

You don’t get any good Mythic+ gear until +14/15 keystone on retail which is just in line with heroic raid tier. People won’t be rushing straight to 15s though. It’ll take some investment time of building up iLvl.

Grinding for conquest/honor is just bad if you’re not having a consistent win rate on BGs.