SL flying more punitive than Pathfinder

So, Memorial Day is right around the corner, and once again we’ve been gaslit about flying.

It honestly feels like WoD 2.0 and they want more players to quit.

The best thing about Pathfinder that made it tolerable was that it unlocked flying for all characters in your account no matter their level (as long as they could fly anywhere else, so level 60 before the squish), which made it much easier and less annoying to level alts through content you’ve already done on repeat.

SL flying in 9.1 not only requires another time-gated quest chain likely tied to another 40 levels of renown, which will take another few months, it also only unlocks flying for level-capped characters.

By the time we can unlock flying in SL, we’ll have done far more content than what any of the three previous Pathfinders required, and give us less of a payoff.

I’m already so beyond sick of the limited content in SL, I barely play my main. I was waiting for a Maw intro skip and flying to level any of my alts in SL.

Why not just create a Diablo MMO without flying and make it mostly in caves, and give the pro-flying players in WoW what they want so they don’t all leave again?

Pathfinder was bad enough, but it was exponentially better than than SL flying.

14 Likes

you should research more before venting. Flying will be unlocked in a couple of weeks at most. Or however long it takes to get through the first chapter after unlocking Korthia. So like 1 or 2 weeks probably

11 Likes

How have you been gaslit about flying? lol

The best thing about PF is that we actually played the content that the developers created. You aren’t going to enjoy every little thing about an mmorpg, in this genre you have to step out of your bubble sometimes.

Then take a break. If you feel that your money and time aren’t well spent then stop spending them on whatever isn’t worth it.

Which is insanely easy and fast to get.

So?

I’d be willing to bet there is a lot of endgame content you haven’t done.

We need less skips, less account-wide anything, and more character progression.

WoW was never a flight simulator. Flight always has been and always was nothing more than a means of skipping the terrain and fast travel.

Flight should be unlocked by week 2. I completed it on the PTR and the mini quest chain takes under an hour to finish.

If we were still using pathfinder, it might take players weeks to unlock since not everyone can login each day to rep grind.

2 Likes

So bileful
so uninformed

6 Likes

Honestly flight should have just unlocked after hitting 40 renown imo

17 Likes

Everquest is still there for you, dear retro person. This is 2021. Ain’t nobody got the time or inclination to “do the chores” again and again for something that used to be a basic feature.

Ah, you’re one of those. Say hi to Bashiok for me.

18 Likes

Then you don’t have time for alts.

He was the last good CM we ever had.

2 Likes

Modern MMOs acknowledge the fact that most players want alts and don’t want to go through the time-gating that was designed to stop the FIRST character from progressing too fast. That’s perfectly reasonable.

I have plenty of time for alts, as you would be able to see from my alts. What I don’t have time for is meaningless busywork “because reasons”.

It’s not “investment in your character” to jump through the gates put up to slow people down at the expansion’s launch.

Well, hello, Bashiok :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor guy got forced to deliver some of the most asinine dev decisions ever made, including the infamous “I played for ages before I remembered I could fly so therefore flying isn’t needed” post.

Only beaten by Lore’s “we killed off the WoD city hubs and forced you all into a PvP staging-area mudpit… err… because of the story!”

14 Likes

Last I checked, flight is unlocked in chapter 3 of the campaign, which you can get on day 15 of the patch… whenever it finally deigns to go Live.

1 Like

Nearly everything you said in this rant is incorrect. Google is your friend

This is completely false.

Also false

Your opinion but it’s also false

I’m glad it’s not gonna be restricted to level capped characters.

Leveling a spriest without flight suuuuucks. It sucked since BC.

2 Likes

Think flying is in the second or third weeks of 9.1 renown progress:) It’s also account-wide, as always!

Datamined stuff also implies that there’s going to be a turbo-catchup system for the 40 9.0 levels—will make it pretty quick for new & returning players.

2 Likes

They learned a new word and desperately wanted to use it incorrectly.

4 Likes

I don’t think any of that is true. It’s supposed to be unlocked fairly early in 9.1 (altho, admittedly, I’m still part of the camp that believes when you hit level cap you should pay some gold and get to start flying.)

But, also, you get it on all your characters. That’s basically what I was waiting for, as I refuse to do more leveling without it.

2 Likes

Thought “gaslit” was how you describe male models who die in a freak accident caused by a lit ciggarette during a playful gasoline fight?

2 Likes

They could pull a shifty and make it one renown per week and therefore up to 6 weeks. Never say never, Blizzard (Ion) really hates us and wants the game in his vision, level 60 with no flying and he is hell bent on giving us flying as late as possible.

4 Likes

40 levels of renown took a long while to get when it was 3 and then 2 a week to 40…how will 40 more levels me ‘insanely easy’ to get? Itll end up being the same time consuming slog it was before, wont it?

2 Likes

How?

This is false.

How the hell did you get 7 likes? LOL

Exactly.
They call it a ‘compromise’…it was anything but.
A compromise is me and you sitting down working thing out…not you taking stuff from me, then when I threaten to walk, you shoving something else I dont like down my throat.
But then we can all see the response from the player base in WoD.
Some folks dont learn from their mistakes…they just double down on them.

4 Likes