Skyriding takeoff sometimes causes disconnects

just imagine an expansion lenght that bug existing and not being fixed yet.
Yes, I’m having it.

I have been experiencing this as well. It has something to do with changing the camera angle while taking off. If I just press the button and don’t move the camera when I take off, I don’t disconnect.

I think I first experienced it back in Shadowlands’ Bastion, and as Zenetta said, it’s probably caused by your location changing “too fast.”
I heard this might not be a bug but instead cheat protection.

I hope they’ll find a way to loosen the restrictions because it’s happening more frequently now in TWW, and I’m tired of being disconnected when I try to get around little pebbles, and branches, or just lifting off.

1 Like

Chiming in, happening for me as well. Often it seems I’m doing something prior - like taking a quest or talking to a vendor then hitting double jump/lift off to leave.

This has been an issue for me since at least TWW launch. Cant remember if it happened during pre launch events. It is very frustrating.

Same, happens to me all the time…take off after grabbing an herb (or whatever) and disconnect. So very annoying.

1 Like

All. the. time. Since DF

Occurs all the time for me - Constantly with mining. No rhyme or reason - Only since TWW - I hope they fix it. it feels like its an Anti-Botting code - If you take a half a second and wait after completing a mine or gather, then take off, it doesnt cause the issue but if you instantly tap space to take off, it will disconnect you

This was a rampant issue after Dragonflight release, especially if you touched terrain as you lifted off. It took them months to fix and now it’s back

Never had this before, started with TWW it’s so annoying.

I get this pretty consistently if I mash Skyward Ascent too quickly. As others suggest, I strongly suspect it’s anti-cheat protection, possibly triggered by trying to use a flight ability while the server thinks you’re still grounded - so it may be more likely if you’re on high ping (I’m stuck with 100+ ping, which may be aggravating the problem).

I have found I can avoid it by forcing myself to wait a moment before my second Skyward Ascent.

Maybe I should just fanta to Dracthyr so I can take off with Soar instead oops, wrong game

1 Like

This could be a factor. I have to play on a 4g connection and have usually 89-90. Maybe the people with the higher latency get it more frequently. I get it only occasionally.

It’s mage blink and DH fel rush DC all over again. Moving too fast over uneven surfaces like rocks or pebbles will DC you. You think they would have figured this out by now.

I get it mostly taking off from things like rocks

I’ve had this problem going all the way back to Dragonflight and it still continues. Blizzard is such a joke of a company lol

I have never posted on the forums, until now. This bug is awful and frequent! It use to happen in Dragonflight a bit, now I would say it’s 1/5 takeoffs. Dawnbreaker is hell for my group and I. I have tried taking off slower and maybe that helps, but the coolest part of sky riding is blasting off into the air at mach 5…

Please Blizzard make TWW an 11/10 for me and fix this bug!

2 Likes

Constantly happens to me if I take off too fast right after casting. It seems to be better if I give it a second after the cast finishes, but time is of the essence in M+ and this bug is gonna brick Dawnbreaker keys. It never seems to happen to me in the open world however.

1 Like

This bug is so annoying. I fly back and forth in Dornogal a lot and get kicked at least once every hour. So freaking annoying

1 Like

Finding the same thing as of 9/13 across multiple toons.

Adding my experience here as well. This dc has been occurring for me since the TWW release a couple of weeks ago. I have turned all addons off and it still happens. Seems to help if I don’t try to take off right away – take a couple of steps 1st – but not always. Also happens if I turn and take off at the same time; this is guaranteed to dc me.

Yet another years-long issue having been reported, commented on, and begroaned since Dragonriding/Skyriding was introduced, and of course there’s still no fix. Not even an acknowledgement.

It’s a minor thing, sure, but minor things that pile up turn into something major before long.

1 Like