Skyriding and or steady flight advantages

Okay. Though that doesn’t explain why everyone is attacking TBC flight. If it really is that bad of a flight mode why did it go through 15 plus years with no change. Why now is it a problem? Why didn’t anyone complain when TBC was fresh?

Because they have to do more work to allow flying. He was just hoping to make up for wod having major content cuts at release. Flying wasn’t ready but they released it anyway.

That’s when they really quit polishing things for release. wods terrain was horrible. It was designed for nothing more than to create artificial difficulty. They get to work less and the xpac takes longer. That’s the main reason millions of folks quit never to return.

Isn’t what you just did called innuendo?
I don’t know and I can’t know who had knowledge of that.

And having a background as lawyer doesn’t make you more accountable than others.

Okay, different people have different opinions. OP has one you can see and you can even see he disagrees with me with regards of having Steady Flying time limited etc.

So you see, it is not an “organized” movement.

We had a change. Substantial change.

After MoP:

• WoD
  • Legion
  • BFA
  • Shadowlands

Flying was restricted until very late in the game and to unlock it, you needed to complete series of achievements, get exalted reputations, etc. The infamous Pathfinder.

In TBC and Wrath, you could only fly at max level, that is, you needed to play from 60-70 and 70-80 on the ground. Only during Max level you would’ve access to flying.

Flying was added for Cataclysm because players already wanted to explore Azeroth, fly everywhere, discover. And adding it at the end wouldn’t make much sense.

In Pandaria, again, you needed to buy the flying at max level 90, so back in line with TBC / Wrath.

So as you can see, a lot has changed in these 15 years.

You just have to play the game.

The expansion was ready. It was not the case as we could fly using Aviana’s Feather. So it was already polished, flying wasn’t released at start for a philosophical decision not technical.

1 Like
  1. how is this even a point, you cant really ‘auto pilot’, so you have to actively engage with it or you just hover motionless, never moving. I guess you can click the auto move but then again lets remove flight points because its worse than auto flying with the middle mouse button and smacking into things.
  2. like with skyriding, where you can just perch above things and not engage with the world around you.
  3. again, like with skyriding, you can do the exact same thing… but faster.
  4. AGAIN , like with skyriding, you can this exact same thing… but FASTER

if anything you are making a bigger case to remove Skyriding over Steadyflight.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s