Skullflame shield lifedrain not proccing from enemy back hits (sheath problem has been fixed though so thank you)

SKULLFLAME SHIELD LIFEDRAIN NOT PROCCING FROM ENEMY BACK HITS (directly behind the back) BUT PHASE 5 AQ PTR HAS FIXED THE PROCCING SHEATH PROBLEM. THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR FIXING THE SHEATH PROBLEM I LOVE YOU. CAN YOU JUST FIX THE BACK HITS NOW.

Flamestrike however works with back hits

This bug lets rogues avoid the lifedrain when using back hits

3 Likes

test results from players in the Paladin TC discord:

Stunfisk/MeggaToday at 11:31 AM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/530484717737345038/676510473780461590/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507346099103858688/676510558329110528/unknown.png
bigger test, all but one room in west wing
cleared data until after dshield dropped, back only with consecrate
procrate of drain life is abmysmally low, lower than average I’d say as a 255 heal is quite noticeable

IanToday at 11:57 AM

took ~13000 dmg at 25 dmg a pop from Defias Prisoner x2 and Defias Convict in Stocks. so approximately 520 hits. Got 8 procs all from behind. 1.54% but sample size is far too small to make any definitive calls. Currently no reason to think the shield is broken as far as proc rate on Flamestrike from behind. HOWEVER, 0 lifesteal procs. That is either broken or ought to be explained as that should be “on hit”.

IanToday at 11:58 AM

lifesteal proccing like mad as i’m front testing right now.
so definitely borked from behind. that’s unfortunate.

Stunfisk/MeggaToday at 12:00 PM

flamestrike is proccing from raw behind for me
unequipping DFB to more clearly see the drain life proc

IanToday at 12:03 PM

i’m testing sans DFB and uthers. Absolutely no Life Steals from behind, from the front proc rate seems to be right.

Stunfisk/MeggaToday at 12:05 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507346099103858688/676518707220054099/unknown.png
flame strike procs from behind but the life drain doesn’t

4 Likes

IanToday at 12:06 PM

another ~330 hits, this time front facing. 10 drain lifes and 6 flamestrikes. So got lucky with flamestrike but drain life about exactly where I’d expect it to be.

Stunfisk/MeggaToday at 12:07 PM

back turned, 207 strikes ,0 drain life
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507346099103858688/676519356980789289/unknown.png

IanToday at 12:08 PM

so as far as that bug report goes, junk as far as the “front proc rate seems low”, and he needs to specify that its life steal not proccing from behind as flamestrike is definitely proccing.
but I am very interested in finding out why Lifesteal isn’t proccing from behind.
gonna test DFB without SF shield to see if its behaving identical
DFB procs just fine from behind
so this is unique to Skullflame shield, and presumably a bug.
I’d rather have blizz load up the reference client and let us know what’s up with Consecrate, but I guess we can add this to the list
inb4 blizz nerfs flamestrike to not trigger from behind rather than other way around

OakenlixToday at 12:27 PM

Thing is, there’s no reason whatsoever why it should only work from the front
Blocks and parries work from the front, yes
But it doesn’t have anything to do with the “on hit” procs

3 Likes

I have recently tested the front hits and they seem to be fine. But the back hits are the problem

1 Like

Yea same so idk they fix no

1 Like

Have they fixed this yet?

1 Like

Why should it proc from behind? It’s not like you can block hits from behind.

EDIT:
“When struck in combat…”

Hmm…

2 Likes

It says when struck in combat. I dont understand?

2 Likes

Apparently. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the point of my edit was to show that I had read the tooltip, and then thought, “Hmm…” i.e. “/shrug Yeah, idk”

3 Likes

Cool. Ok do you agree too.

2 Likes

Yeah, “struck” is “struck.” It seems like that’s something that should proc, regardless of which direction you are struck from.

3 Likes

True exactly

3 Likes

Is it that the tooltip should change to reflect something like chance to proc on block, or is it indeed that the chance to block is based on being struck?

3 Likes

All I want Blizzard to do is fix is these

1. Crystal of Zin malor/skull of impending dooms physical damage to be affected by blessing of sanctuary
  2. Skullflame shield to proc from behind.
  3. Overseer anvilrage not chasing you forever.
  4. The unstuck not to send me to enemies graveyard. ESPECIALLY WHEN A PRIEST FEARED ME INTO A HOUSE AND IM STUCK CALADUS.

Thats it.

6 Likes

It’s also not broken. Just because you don’t like the wording on the tool tip doesnt mean they need to change a mechanic that’s always existed.

1. Shadow oil has no internal cooldown like frost oil.

This one is so minimal even for your pretend ret dps it hurts. You get more dps per 60s raid encounter out of other weapon enhancements. This is why all the top rets on logs laugh at you’re discord.

1. Corrupted Ashbringer and Neretzek the blood Drinkers (9) leech to scale with spell damage.

It doesn’t scale, already confirmed by Blizzard. Stop whining.

1. Crystal of Zin malor/skull of impending dooms physical damage to be affected by armor.

Probably because it’s not suppose to.

1. Skullflame shield to proc from behind.

Probably because it’s not suppose to, just because you don’t understand tool tips in the classic era and they bad word structure doesn’t mean you need to change something because you think you need it. Just attempting to tank backwards.

1. Enemy AV War riders stop shooting through walls.

Quite literally has to do with the game terrian, literally has always been like this and was like this until MoP.

1. AV graveyard unstuck to not send you to a stupid enemies graveyard.

Why are you using unstuck numerous times in AV that this becomes an issue? Perhaps stop trying to wall jump and play the BG.

Please use the bug report properly and not for your lunatic desires that you think are wrong because you want your game to work like a private server.

1 Like

You are the definition of No logic.
Yeah lets just shoot a non channeled spell through walls. No problem. Yeah lets just defy a struck in combat mechanic. Yeah… Yeah lets just give one of the oils that use player spells an internal cd and the other not. Yeah no problem. Yeah lets just not spell damage scale on thesame leech spell shown on thottbot yeah. Yeah lets just get sent to an enemies graveyard… yeah

Keep the no logic up.

Blizzard how do you expect players to trust your tooltips?

3 Likes

This only shows you have no idea how the terrain in a game like wow functions or exists.

Perhaps learn to code before making invalid criticisms

Perhaps show evidence before making no sense.

3 Likes

You mean besides the mechanics of how proc effects and how shields work in classic?

Perhaps understand basic concepts before screaming it doesn’t work the way you wish.

I mean well over half the things you report are so obviously wrongful reported.

Perhaps research and post logs and numerical data before screaming something doesn’t work.

BTW it does work as intended.

1 Like

You forgot how Blizzard had nerfed hand of justices bugged mechanic and have made script blocks to prevent some macros that should exist in 2006. And also changed reckoning bomb multiple times and changed 1:1 sword of baron. Even their released vanilla wasnt the correct 1.12 version because it had changed its reckoning multiple times to fit the actual auto attack on and off reckoning bomb mechanic https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-TyZJos6taMJdYVm5Z93KWEa3UoZipUw&v=PiigSL_TZtk on auto attack. WHY did they not have that too begin with HUH? It means that can be thesame for these too.

3 Likes