Skaven (Rat Folk) Playable Race. With Tails!

I am not a lawyer, but this will highly likely get blizz sued. Games Workshop has notoriously aggressive lawyers. Given that Warcraft is already a Warhammer fan-fiction this would likely go over extremely badly.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry about that. The great Horned Rat is not afraid of lawyers.

No but their accountant is, as are their shareholders :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

no i want dark elf playable race from warhammer fantasy version. not the stupid 40k version.

Won’t happen
 Warcraft & Starcraft already has too many assets that closely resemble Warhammer
 mainly because originally Blizzard (Vivendi) was going to make a Warhammer game, but the license agreement fell apart so they made Warcraft and then Starcraft instead. We don’t need to reopen issues with Warhammer again

A ratfolk race may be possible, but they will not look like tue Skaven and they absolutely wont be called Skaven.

Accountants, shareholders? Bah! The Great Horned Rat Has Thousands of Minions! Rat-folk no fear. No, no. No fear. Have candle
 no fear.

plus games workshop already abandoned their fantasy warhammer section completely in favor of the stupid space marines version of 40k which i HATE. (aside from the total war series which to my knowledge is the ONLY working property with the 3rd installment having just been released a few months ago.still waiting on mortal campaigns creative assembly. GET YOUR BUTTS IN GEAR!)

Rat people? you mean Kobolds?

Warhammer Vermintide 2 just came out in 2018 and was updated fairly recently
 they haven’t abandoned the warhammer fantasy IP
 its just not as popular.

yes-yes man-thing!

but isn’t that game dead? didn’t that one mmo dectective channel do a episode on it?

I would be all for that if they could be on both alliance and horde. Rat druids with bear rat form and mouse travel form! Also hunter rats with rat pets on a rat mount
 go go!

Vulperan are based on foxes. Foxes are canids.

If there’s rat men, it’s the Kobolds.

Maybe
 but the point still stands
 not abandoned, just not as popular

Well There is copyrights and trademarks. But in the fantasy genre there is artistic license. As an example All of the races and classes you see in Wow are a staple of the fantasy genre. Specially the RPG Fantasy genre. All they have to do is change the name as you mentioned. The race can look the same. Perhaps not exactly the same, but close enough.

It’s like saying that a movie studio is restricted from having Cowboys in their western movie because another movie studio had cowboys in their western movie.

Some things cannot be restricted.

honestly if activision would open its stingy wallet and offer them enough money games workshop probably would let them license it. Once microsoft acquires them this would theoretically allow them access to even MORE funds.

I agree 100 percent!

Skaven?!?!
Look at this insane elf, clearly she means beastmen and not something else entirely

Darn beastmen always causing issues

1 Like

Huh? You are an Elf? Funny you look human.

1 Like

Sorry but we are based on the beautiful Fennec Fox.

1 Like