Six month suspension for "Use of Bots or Third-Party Automation Software" please help

Just to add to what Tolna said, the warnings were because it was a shift in policy. Day x it was acceptable. Day z it was punishable.

They gave day y as warning. So to speak.

As for those that got suspensions, I feel for you. I hope they are false positives that bear out upon appeal. However the appeal process is the only way to get things looked at.

7 Likes

what about opening live chat support?

Appeals can’t be done via live chat.

5 Likes

Live chat wouldn’t help anyway. An appeal is not an opportunity to argue your case.

It’s a review of the game logs by another set of eyes at blizzard to determine if the suspension decision was justified or not.

3 Likes

They said that for those using Key Broadcasting software, seeing how you have NO IDEA the reasons for their suspension, perhaps keep your assumptions private.

2 Likes

As already stated unfortunately live chat is not an avenue via appeal.

The ONLY avenue is via the link in the email you received. Or by manually working your way to the appeal process, which takes you tk the exact same place of course.

I hope you already have your appeal in, so you can get this looked at. If not, be sure to do so

Hello, same problem here. Got all my accounts suspended, even one that I just login to use the coldown of the Jard to create the Sky Golem, just that, got no warnings, I do not multibox, and no third parties programs, all by hand. Opened a ticket like 11ish hours ago and no answer yet.

Question is. Lets say user truthfully and honestly never used botting software and or third party programs. They just play the game as normal and do not use ANY programs what so ever other than WoW and standard addons. What happens if they do not over turn the appeal even though it truthfully was an error?

Then you’re suspended, just like the notice says.

If they don’t fix this issue that will be ridiculous.

1 Like

False positives can happen. When a ban wave goes out they do monitor for appeals and double/triple check.

There are times, that they find an unforeseen error and revert bans on a group or ask people to put in tickets again, even if the first was denied.

When that happens, they normally post on the General Discussion forum to let players know of the error. That is rare, but it has happened before.

IF no error is found though then the suspension stands.

9 Likes

Thanks. That makes me feel much better.

Same here 6 month ban, no warning. Have never been actioned before.

1 Like

Then please file a ticket for appeal. Nothing can be done here over the forums I’m afraid.

The only way to appeal a ban is through the ticketing system.

2 Likes

Yeah I did that, they provided no additional information, no explanation, no warnings, and just said it was being upheld even though they are providing no information.

At this point then Billy, you have your answer. Blizzard never tells you how they catch people nor do they allow you to “argue” your case. They just check the logs and verify that the prohibited actions took place, as far as they can tell.

HOWEVER, if it turns out there was an error that resulted in many false positives, they will usually post about it on the General forums with info.

IF that happens they may auto unban some people or they may ask some to put in another ticket.

Otherwise, it gets upheld.

Keep in mind that anything that automates your rotation or actions, even “simple” scripts, is considered a form of botting. Generally speaking, if you can’t do something in game with the in-game controls, don’t do it outside the game. I am not accusing you of doing that, just trying to give some insight into things they do action for that might not be quite so obvious.

5 Likes

You must be new lol. These things happen fairly frequently. Since I started playing in 2005, I’ve logged in to find my account was banned for the same reason you listed, at least 4 times myself. It only stopped after Blizzard introduced the Authenticator app, which I would advise you go ahead and get. Or get the key thing they offer, which will stop your account from being hacked again.

It’s my belief that Curse Forge/Twitch are not very secure systems, and they get hacked and our game account information gets stolen by China or Russia. At least in all my cases, I’ve determined my account was accessed from 1 of those 2 countries. And each time I created a ticket and my account was reinstated.

I did have 1 case however where Blizzard banned my account for another reason that was determined to be false, and to apologize they gifted me 2 free months playtime and the Legion expansion for free, back in the day. They’ve always been fair in my case, and I haven’t had nearly as good of experiences with other game companies.

If you use mods from Curse/Twitch, you’re going to get hacked over and over, so get that account authenticator.

I also have to disagree with whoever Mirasol is above my post. That issue I had when Blizz banned me wrongly and gave me gifts in penance, I absolutely argued my case, and was actually able to help Blizz identify the problem, which they didn’t notice until I pointed it out to them. I think that’s why I got free stuff. I momentarily became one of their employees and fixed a problem they had.

1 Like

This is not the place for this. Offer suggestions that are constructive or face the risk of posts being deleted and/or face a vacation. This is the last forum you want to be rude or snarky in.

The key fob authenticator has long been discontinued, but absolutely everyone who plays should have the authenticator app attached to their account - no matter if they use add-ons or their interfaces.

I’m glad to hear that they were able to get your account fixed when the issues arose, unfortunately there will always be people out there hacking accounts and causing all sorts of havoc.

5 Likes

Yeah wasn’t doing anything like that. Guess Ill just hope for the best at this point that it was a misplaced ban wave and gets corrected.