/sit enrage still works according to a streamer

Rhetorical question, I assume.

Such a heavily used word. What is an exploit? If it was in the original game and is now in Classic that isn’t an exploit though. It should be exactly the same. You might not like it and it might be considered broken. However even if something isn’t balanced and broken it doesn’t make it an exploit. Call it like it is which is a feature.

Any feature in the original should be in Classic. That isn’t an exploit.

1 Like

I’m going to have to dig up some sort of video evidence, because it seems like no one really knows, or can prove, if this was in vanilla or not.

I can find any, but I believe it was possible. I had always heard it was how the guy built up Reckoning to one-shot Doom Lord Kazzak.

I take it I don’t even need to post evidence to get you to buzz off from the topic. How pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPEzEoexLI

5 Likes

I’d define an exploit as an interaction that was firstly not intended by developers but also unwanted by them as well.

In the linked thread they say that crits on sitting targets do not proc these affects. With that in mind, blizzard consciously made the decision to prevent this interaction. Trying to trick the game further to still get enrage procs from sit crits is likely STILL going against blizzard’s wishes, and should by all means be considered an exploit. It doesn’t matter how you cheat, you’re still cheating, no matter how much you try to pretty it up.

2 Likes

There we go, that’s proof to me. On private servers, you just need to sit and be hit, no need to trick the batching into thinking you were standing when you got crit.

2 Likes

are you gonna at like a grown up or a little child is the question?

devs have literally said…that sit criting was a bug on pservers.

crit siting to proc abilities never once…ever…in the entire time vanilla was around happened. only place they happened was on pservers.

its a bug due to the new batching.

1 Like

It just got real.

Go watch the youtube video I linked. Peace out, kiddo.

1 Like

so you post a video of someone on a pserver. gg.

try harder.

2 Likes

Nah, dude.

The bug on private servers is that you sit, and gain the effect from being crit while sitting.

Spell batching lets you have a mob queue up an attack on you and stand up in the same batch, which makes the game see you getting crit while standing which is the criteria for proccing effects like Enrage and Reckoning.

Spell batching is working as intended.

Private server videos from 2006, damn, this guy was cutting edge.

5 Likes

Published on Aug 8, 2006

5 Likes

Post Date: August 8, 2006.

LOL

5 Likes

pretty sure it’s not. devs dont want interaction like this in the game. crit sitting isn’t intended

I agree, it’s not intended. But it was present in vanilla, you’re clownin around if you don’t think it was.

2 Likes

hehe that reckbomb pala makes me want to play one :slight_smile: i usually only ever play fury war or fire mage though…

Their is literally a blue post stating it never happened. Videos from than are pservers.

Pservers have bee around since day 1 of the game. Its not a new thing.

Its also on mmo champ.
Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate

That was taken directly from the post.

First off, stop spreading misinformation and outright lies about things you clearly have no clue about.

Secondly…

Mashing X to gain charges was in vanilla and it was due to spell batching:

These videos were NOT from private servers but from retail Vanilla:

Published on Aug 8, 2006

originally published on warcraft movies on 2006-02-24 https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=15930

and this was taken from the CLASSIC BETA a few days ago…

TLDR - /sit is NOT the same as mashing your X button to both sit and then stand:

Baconn
<Reverends of Swagger>
Human Paladin22915
Normally if you’re sitting down you would not get Reckoning charges from auto-attacks. However, you could gain charges from random NPCs by constantly sitting and standing up due to server lag: mob would try to attack you as your were sitting, so it’d be a forced crit. However, if you stood up just as you were getting hit, the server would see you as if you were standing and get a Reckoning charge.

^^^that’s from Baconn^^^
the Paladin who wrote the blue stickied Reckoning guide on the original vanilla wow forums:

Poster: Baconn at 5/25/2006 11:30:17 AM PDT
Subject: Guide to Reckoning V2 (Current 1.10)
http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

The Blue post was written by a Vanilla PLAYER - not a Blizzard Dev or CM - all the CM did was sticky it. After patch 1.10, Baconn (the author of the stickied post) never bothered to update it.

Seemed more consistent when you time your sit/stand, rather than mashing.
https://www.twitch.tv/esfandtv/clip/BrightThankfulClipsmomBleedPurple