Single-player games

I’m thinking of getting this, it’s on Switch now yea?

Prison Architect. Simple, build your own prison, make big bucks when you do it right. Fun simplicity. Can be played co-op building, solo building, or prisoner escape mode.

1 Like

I so want to finish FO4, but my toaster says nope.

1 Like

Yes its available on it.

My top 3 played non-mmos are FO4, Skyrim, and Pillars of Eternity 2.

2 Likes

My old comp couldn’t handle it so I got it for my Xbox One. I bought a new comp years ago, but find myself rather playing it on Xbox. That way I can play wow at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Very, very, VERY toxic community. BE preped for that if you do play it.

1 Like

Skyrim is fun on legendary difficulty. I recently completed College of Winterhold questline and Ancano boss fight was so intense.

I always ended up getting bored of Skyrim combat. Partially because it’s got some wonky animations, and partially because I can never resist using Alchemy and Enchanting to become uber-powerful (Ralph would be so proud of me min-maxing a single player game).

2 Likes

Factorio. Might be one of the best games ever made.

:cow:

Lots of good choices in those lists. Skyrim Legendary on PC. Can mod it how you like too. State of Decay (original one so cheap) was fun too if you like Zombies.

1 Like

I find magic system really fun to play with, I am creating a battlemage right now in legendary difficulty.

Not in the same genre, but I just picked up Hitman and Hitman 2 from the Steam Summer Sale. So far, pretty great.

1 Like

Death by spaghetti sauce remains my favorite way to kill someone in a video game.

Agreed if that genre fits you. Prison Architect is great too if you like that feel.

1 Like

I really need to get around to finishing PoE 1. Despite moving computers, I reinstalled it and Steam had my old save on its cloud. Loaded it up and took five steps and was just…

2 Likes

I like the 2nd way better then the first. I actually never finished the first one until after my first play through of the 2nd one.

I am just waiting for that mod that ports fallout new vegas on Fallout 4

Rust is toxic? Oh…I was unaware, I’ll likely give it a miss then.

I’d suggest the following:

I got Civilization 6 on the steam sale a few weeks ago and have been playing it a ton. It’s not just a prettier version, it adds massively to the gameplay and is far superior to previous releases.

Stellaris is similar to Civ in that it’s a 4X, but is set in space. However, it’s not just “civ in space” because Stellaris incorporates tons of stuff from science fiction to create a huge experience.
Thousands of unique events that can fire.
Ancient, brooding civilizations that you have to tip-toe around and that can go to war with their ancient enemies (think Vorlons vs Shadows from Babylon 5).
Extradimensional invaders if you research dangerous technologies.
A zerg equivalent that might invade from outside the galaxy.
AI rebellions (think Blade Runner).
It’s really an amazing game. I probably have 2,000 hours in it at this point and will keep playing it for years, and they keep working on it.

First-person survival games are a big love of mine, try The Long Dark, Subnautica, or Green Hell, in that order.

For a little indy game, look up Subterrain. You’re the last survivor on mars in a colony that’s been overrun by monsters. It’s the best balance of exploration, crafting, and base defense I’ve ever found.