Single-player games

So I’m bored of leveling alts while I wait for the next expansion to come out. I usually play SWTOR during this time, but I am just tired of questing in any shape or form.
I haven’t played a single-player game in years. Can anybody recommend something good? I used to be obsessed with Civilization 4, but got burned out on it. I never tried Civilization 5, or 6 because I figured it’s probably just a prettier version of the same thing. Has anyone played those versions? What do you think?
Anything that might be in a similar genre you would recommend?

3 Likes

Outerworlds by Obsidian, I started it recently on Supernova difficulty. Its soooooooooo good. I am addicted to it now.

My character is an evil corporate and I named him Todd Howard :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Prey (2017)

2 Likes

If you like survival games, try “Raft” on steam. It’s pretty good.

Oh man, I’m getting excited already. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Divinity original sin 1 and 2 will give you one of the best RPG experience.

4 Likes

It was then I began to only drink from clear glasses.

1 Like

I just checked that out, I’m not into shooters. I’m just not coordinated enough (i.e. I suck at them).

instead of speed leveling to max level why dont you idea just do the quests for the story read the quests as you get them and return them and maybee youl find the game is more intresting than you realised and things will start making sense.

1 Like

But its a really good RPG game, gives you tons of choices and you can create different stories for your characters. You can make them evil, good or dumb.

Give it a try, its a masterpiece

I don’t think I have ever played a survival game. I just watched a couple short videos, and it looks really interesting. I might try it out.

1 Like

Prey is amazing.
The Last of Us games are great.
Fallout 4 can be very fun.
Assassin’s Creed games.
Those are the first ones that come to mind.

2 Likes

Depends. What are you looking for? What genre?

Civ 5 and Civ 6 are both great; although the expansions are needed to flesh them out into more complete games. I prefer Civ 6 because of Districts and natural disasters, but they’re both very strong games.

I like Stellaris as a 4X strategy game, although it’s strongest in the exploration phase and actual warfare is a whole lot weaker, imo.

If you like tactics games (slightly different genre, I know), there’s been some good ones of those. X-Com 2 and its expansion pack are absolutely fantastic. Into the Breach is an outstanding mech tactics game. Battletech is also a good mech tactics game, with a famous license. Gears Tactics (which is on Game Pass) is a surprisingly solid game in the same vein of X-Com. Divinity Original Sin 2 is an RPG with a tactics layer for its combat system.

1 Like

I am playing it on survival mode, yep, its really fun having to prepare before going out on a mission.

1 Like

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is amazing, I have been playing it on and off for a while and I’m nowhere near finished.

Dark Souls 3, also amazing and has some difficulty to it, UI etc is rather clunky for me but when you get used to it then it’s great.

Banished - If you want a builder game almost like Civi then there is Banished on Steam which I found pretty fun, you just have to build a town for your people, create farms, trade and battle elements all while trying to keep your peeps from starving.

Rust, I’ve heard this game is addictive and have yet to try it out, but I plan to, so check it out, it may be something you like.

2 Likes

Gaunter O Dimm is one of my favourite villain

1 Like

Man I did not like that game at all. I am currently playing Pillars of Eternity 2 (also by Obsidian) for the umpteenth time. I know a lot of people like Original Sins 2 better, but I find PoE just more fun.

1 Like

i can’t tell if that’s sarcasm or not… haha. I played it mostly on PC. I think i put in 1200+ hours into the PC version. Even created some small mods for it on NexusMods. (Under “amber1019”.)
I still think about picking it up sometimes, but I get too addicted to modding it.

1 Like

No no, I mean I genuinely find Fallout 4 fun on survival mode.

2 Likes