Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei and Ren'dorei, Oh My!

could do the same for belfs. give them a separate set of abilities to use as helfs on the premise that most of them were not around for the illidan fel thing and have only recently returned. they bring with them the old ways, including farstrider and runic tats, sunlit mana hair, and debatable botanist druid class.

alternatively, could go for dark rangers as the subsect of blood elves and they’d have their own customizations and racials

3 Likes

Void elves are higher elves.

That’s actually a great idea, Alliance gets High Elves, Horde gets Dark Rangers, a good balance.

4 Likes

TIL: We’re finally getting High Elf customization. That’s sick as hell!

This whole argument is going to probably stop the moment Allied Races get their actual customization passes. It’s clear Blizzard wants the community to stop whining.

Both factions will have the original blue eyed bland Thalassian elf.
Each faction will have a choice of the spice for it; holy or void, with blood elves also getting the fel eyes.

It’s whatever at this point. We don’t need an additional race. We just need some basic patience. It’d be insanely unfair to every other allied race if Void Elves got even more than just the skins, but we got that early to appease people.
Enough.

3 Likes

There’s always going to be some people that will never stop complaining.

1 Like

Nightborne and lightforged need way more love before I’d be okay with getting more high elf stuff

And honestly HM Tauren and mecha gnomes could use some help as well

1 Like

Definitely an interesting counter proposal. I wouldn’t be against it, always welcome more customization I was just trying to make this as low maintenance for Blizz as possible with just having to do the racial legwork.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that I genuinely get the appeal of high elves. The thing is, though, they literally joined the Horde.

There are alliance NPC’s, but they are by definition traitors. They might as well be enemy npcs that you kill off in a throwaway leveling quest.

No one is asking (to this extent) for alliance orcs, alliance undead, alliance trolls, or alliance goblins. But for some reason they want alliance Blood Elves.

I think if you actually know anything about the lore, you’d realize that high elves are in the game, they joined the Horde. And if you have a problem with that you can blame Garithos.

You can find more about why high elves joined the Horde by reading about this guy.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Othmar_Garithos
1 Like

Wow. This was really thought out.

I absolutely hate the ideas presented here but I applaud how passionate you are about them.

:cake:

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, if this idea happens to Wildhammers Dwarves aswell I’m all for it, I still can’t believe Bronzebeard just got Wildhammer customisations…

Personally what I think the problem is even for the many Quel’dorei fans, is the race title, you can RP all you want but in the end it will still say “Blood Elf or Void Elf”.

My suggestion was with the different customisations it would change your race title too… I.E you pick High Elf aesthetics it will say you are a High Elf and so forth.

3 Likes

It would be nice if Blood Elves would’ve got a strong base theme… like arcane tattoos, scars, feathers, war tattoos… or if they want to go the aristocracy route they should’ve added more gems/rings to their hands. The black diamond toy is proof they could do this for blood elves.

If it makes alliance happy to get blood elf aesthetic that’s great. However Blood Elves sort of lost their unique identify and really need more to set them apart.

Or if you wanna give us San’layn I’m completely okay with this option as well.

As someone who mained a void elf for 2 years because I love void elves… im going to say hell no to demoting them to being customisations to high elves.

High elves can be a small pool of customisation options that void elf gets. If high elf fans don’t like it, sucks to be them. Go play Horde where 90% of all high elves are.

2 Likes

If void elves become customization for high elves, sucks to be void elf fans then.

2 Likes

Void elves are the playable race already
Its a flat out insult and you know it

Just responding in kind. I’d rather high elves be their own race, and for void elves to get more void customization, and for belves to get better customization than what they are currently getting.

Sucks to be me I guess.

2 Likes

I would love my Void elf to be ‘forgiven’ by the Blood elves and then able to join the Horde.

Horde Void elves could be jet black, with scarlet eyes and tattoos. Racial combat proc would be transparent like sparkle druid- but the sparkles would be scarlet. Horde Void Elves would get option of full beards with void themed ornaments braided into them.

1 Like

im surprised people want high elves…

1 Like

Yep, it’s another high elf thread.

2 Likes

The alliance could get high elves as the most customisable core race and we would still have high elf threads
Its the law of the forums

1 Like