Since everyone seems to have forgotten, why SHARDING is on the table: by Ion Hazzikostas

sharding launch is okay with most of us. but what we don’t want is sharding creeping past a few weeks and low level zones.

Laeric literally wants sharding used anytime their would be queues.

The only way sharding could ever NOT be needed is if we don’t have enough players playing Classic to replicate the effects suffered in the original game.

Since we have no way of knowing whether we will or not, I’d rather err on the side of caution and make this one friggin’ concession to Blizzard. They know their servers better than we do, and to me, actually having access to the game I’m paying for is more important than the feelings of a few elitists who’d probably turn and moan about the WoW: Classic logo on the login screen, or the “Patch 1.13” number, for “not being authentic.”

Hey now…

I’m jaded and I don’t trust them to turn it off after the launch.

2 Likes

It didn’t On my server it crippled play the entire time. For everyone, not just that zone.

It didn’t survive it at all.

Sharding is a big yikes

You know FFXIV has queue times right? Never hear anyone complaining about that.

I mean you complain when people personally attack you, then you blanket attack everyone that doesn’t agree with you.