Simplify The Game

I would really like reduced button bloat in the next xpac, assuming i decide to play it. At least the rep grind in DF didn’t seem so important, generally speaking, except maybe for profession pushers.

Well it felt good to me at least, getting lost is part of the journey, often times, especially in cata I find myself on an easter egg hunt for an objective and finding it feels really good. It’s not as much as the previous expansions, but it’s still significantly engaging as opposed to just merely following a quest marker.

For example there was this warlock I had to go find to defeat in Stormgarde Keep, and the fun part about it is that Blizzard purposefully hid the warlock in a secret location. This required me to actually go around and explore dangerously through mobs for about an hour to finally find her. It allowed me to survey the area for the next quests, level up, and farm mats to sell for high amounts of gold (in Cataclysm inflation anyway). Then the story continues about what happened in Stormgarde Keep and the whole deal with Thoradin, and the prince who lost a valuable sword for slaying trolls, and etc, that’s the beauty of the adventure!

But finding that warlock was super satisfying, and now I have a layout of the land for the next quest objectives. This is what an adventure is, and it’s fun and engaging content when you have to actually explore and be careful with the danger in a game. In modern retail wow, the only player that will really struggle is the one who hasn’t learned to play their class.