Simple flying fix

Toggle: Ground/Steady/Skyriding - instant cast - small (SMALL…no more than 1 minute) cooldown if necessary.

This casting and then having it change back to skyriding all of the time is ill conceived idiotic BS. Was easier to have 3 mount options with the 1.5 second cast time. Why is it every time a change is made it seems like one of the dumbest options is implemented??

2 Likes

Because fun was detected and players were having fun on retail for a long time.

:thinking:

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Fun was detected so they expanded dynamic to most mounts :joy:

Tbh I doubt the cast time will stay. They are getting enough negative feedback that they’ll probably reduce it eventually.

1 Like

In fairness, it’s really his only line.

1 Like

Again, MountsJournal had it figured out for years.

1 Like

Actually I have another one which counts for two.

To the original poster of the thread you are valued member of the WoW community.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Where is this toggle? I didn’t see it anywhere (including Accessibility / Mounts, which only has 2 checkboxes for screen effects and speed effects).

I am saying they need to put the mount options on a toggle instead of this 5 second cast from steady riding to skyriding…esepcially since it is always resetting back to skyriding.

2 Likes

No we in the greater WoW community understood the spirit of your post.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Probably way easier from a coding/testing perspective to make it INSTANT-CAST and then have a 5-sec cooldown before you can cast it again. No clue why they didn’t just do that in the first place, but maybe they need to have this easy suggestion brought to their attention by a flood of comments. /shrug

Because, according to Blizzard, we were having fun wrong.

1 Like

If its not on your mounts panel…go to your spellbook…General tab up top…Skyriding…its the icon to the far right.

I’ve never seen this. Could a mod of yours be causing this?

I haven’t turned on any mods until I’m sure of updates to them.

You forgot about:

BlizZard

EMOJI SPAM

1 Like

I don’t have any mods right now. If I do a dragon race or go through a loading screen it reverts back to skyriding for me. Possibly other ways but those are for sure.

Hm, relogging didn’t do it for me, but I’ll try a different sort of loading screen and see if that causes it for me.

A dragon race I understand though, since it requires that type of flying.

EDIT: Porting around to 3 different continents didn’t cause any reversion for me. Haven’t tried an instance.

Right, dragon racing requires dragon flying. When I get back on my non dragon racing mount after the dragon race, I shouldn’t have to recast steady flying on a mount that was previously using steady flying.

The reversion was a secondary reason and unfortunately as usually happens…someone stumbles along and fixates on the secondary reason.

1 Like

Easier fix. We have mount equipment. Flying Equipment: Wing stabilizers: Allows steady flight mode disabling skyriding and increasing flight speed to 480%

That isn’t easier at all

1 Like

There’s like a thousand threads about this.