Silvermoon Reborn, Neutral Hub?

Had a thought, what if Blizzard went and rebuilt the destroyed half of Silvermoon, and made it a neutral city?

3 Likes

Still no reason to go there, way up away from everywhere else.

6 Likes

Why would a Horde capital become neutral all of a sudden?
Like, what reason do blood elves have to let the alliance use their city considering how they always treated them?

16 Likes

Peace time, the Alliance won the war and the Horde isn’t in any position to refuse any demands.

Query: why though?

3 Likes

Because Blood elves are on good speaking terms with Void/High elves right?

Let alone all of the Alliance who they have well learned to hate.

Never mind the fact this capital city would never be re-made due to how much work it would take. And how you are de-valuing a horde capital city.

4 Likes

Well, better speaking terms with the High elves in recent years. Void elves though I imagine would be kill on sight if they so much as glance at the Sunwell.

Anyway this was a what if topic. So, neutrality is a no go.

Void elves can’t even go near the Sunwell without causing a catastrophe. High elves do have safe passage.

1 Like

Remind me, wasn’t the whole void thing at the Sunwell caused by an Ethereal Void-Prince piggybacking in Alleria’s shadow or was that Alleria herself?

2 Likes

The U.S. did build a lot of bases in the countries that lost WW2.

But that being said, I think WoW world reasoning would be different than securing power across the globe through the establishment of permanent military forces. I can see Lore’themar actually wanting to work with Baine and Anduin to create a new united Azeroth.

Why in any capacity would it be a neutral city.

7 Likes

How about they just update it and it’s still just a Horde city?

14 Likes

I think Rommath himself says that anyone who treats with the void is a danger to the sunwell. It’s not a fact that anyone tainted by the void will in fact make the sunwell go nuclear, but the few hints that we have, do aim to that direction.

This doesn’t make any sense to be honest.

4 Likes

Leave our lands the way they are. As it is, Eversong and the Ghostlands (along with Azuremyst and Bloodmyst) are the only zones that remain untouched in the retail game, immune to the ravages of time. The Blood Elf Heritage armor quest wouldn’t be half as moving without the destruction that serves as a reminder if what was lost.

Didn’t a bunch of high elves round up and kill all blood elves in dalaran?

I doubt the vindictive nature of the blood elves would forgive that.

Or anyone really

4 Likes

If we’re going by the excuse of occupation that you mentioned OP, Lordaeron would be the first to go, especially since there’s still Horde in Silvermoon. Orgrimmar would be second. We’re talking about cities that large armies gathered around and made previous territory advances to get there.

I can’t see any reason for there to be a neutral addition to the city, but it would be nice to see both Silvermoon and Exodar updated and that should include fixing the ruins.

4 Likes

I get it, you just want me to take a step too close to the main city so the guards can gank me…You sly dog you.

2 Likes

the last time they let a Void Elf into their city she “accidentally” summoned a Horror from Beyond that almost would have drained the Sunwell or make it explode due to the Void and Light magic coming into contact.

so no, the blood elves will not open up their city to the alliance. the High Elves are already given permission to do a pilgrimage to the Sunwell so long as they behave themselves.

2 Likes