Silencing the combat speech for the void elves

Or course, I forgot :slight_smile:

Pulls severed orc head out of the ground and tosses it to Eze

It’s super cute, I saved it for you!

2 Likes

oh, you got a gift for me! wait, you brought me this…? uh thanks i think

what do i do with this

at least this time you brought me an orc head with hair so i didn’t have to hold its head like a basketball like the last time. i was getting tired of all the horse-man jokes

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m wearing a blood elf’s dried up face that I took from one of my victims.

If the OP means our “HYAA!! HA!” battle-cries when we attack, it is universal to VEs.

I rather enjoy it personally, I pretend I’m Xena. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The mute error speech suggested before does not mute the grunts and such. My blood elf warrior still makes them, as does the gnome warrior. I usually play with all sound off (ctrl + s) unless it’s something I need to directly pay attention.

I have noticed though some of my animations glitch out on a fury warrior. It seems to leave me in crouching position when I hit raging blow occasionaly. I’ve seen one other warrior out and about who also got stuck in the crouching position but that’s it.

You can create a sound folder and put empty sound files in it for sounds that annoy you. There’s even an “addon” that has a lot of empty sound files to do this. It’s called Mute Annoying Sounds, iirc.

The one thing you’ll have to do, though, is find the names and file paths of those particular sounds. Wowhead lists all sounds. It’s how I found quite a few. I haven’t gone through to change the warrior, DK and Hunter grunts and yells yet, though. So I’m not sure what they’ll be under.

Start with Mute Annoying Sounds and see if you can go from there.

The sound folder just goes into the retail folder and any subfolders from there. It’s simple to do once you have the names and file paths.

All of the yelling and grunting for some races and classes never used to be as loud or as obnoxious as it’s been recently and I, too, hate the changes. So I completely understand.

1 Like

Gotta love it when kitties bring you dead things as gifts.

1 Like

This is true. Reroll to a real class like a fury warrior :sunglasses::sunglasses:

That only turns of Dialog and player dialogue, not the combat sounds the players make.

Your first mistake was trying to play a void elf. Do you think those little elves are even strong enough to lift up a weapon? Of course they’d scream in agony every time they have to swing their swords. It’s too heavy for them. Pick a real warrior race like Orc or Tauren.

1 Like

OK I did a TON of research into this during legion when I was playing a female orc DK, their battle sounds are ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS sounding, they are so loud and overpower every other sound.

After my research, there is no way to turn this off in wow, there was an addon called like Mute that Sound or something, but it doesn’t work anymore. There is a way to alter the sound files in your wow folder, I tried that and it didn’t work. Let’s just say I stick to casters now.

Yup, I had to quit playing my female orc DK because of the battle grunts. The addon does not work anymore, neither did altering my sound files. Too bad really.

I have come to realize that it’s really not worth rolling a female melee character of any race because they just make so much noise. Their yells and grunts are much louder than the males.

Sorry but those voices are in your head. They scream as well as whisper.

Actually I found a way to do it. Thanks everyone.

what was it?

Be grateful you do not grunt like a chicken during combat. Take it from one who knows and has heard her own grunts.

Oh, this was a necro’d thread. Thanks Biostats :smiley:

To play a warrior is to embrace your inner rage. Don’t mute your voice, make a several macros that do voice emotes with your abilities. Here’s a great one, especially for Worgen.

/Cast Battle Shout
/Roar

My rogue does it too. Ive never noticed this before besides with void elves ever. Is it possible to turn it off