Silencing the combat speech for the void elves

So, I’ve spent a long time unlocking the void elves and I’m frustrated. I created a warrior, however, the problem is her shouting and screaming on every ability press. She does it when I charge, execute etc… Is there a way to just silence the combat voice? It makes the character unplayable and I would hate to have wasted all that time for a character I can’t play… I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Guess you can always mute the sound for the game, unless you really enjoy the sound that much.

1 Like

That’s all warriors though. If you don’t like the class don’t play them. Reroll a void elf something else.

7 Likes

Pretty sure theres a sound option in which you can turn off voices and what not.

But if thats that much of a bother to ya I mean why dont you reroll to something else you find enjoyable that doesn’t have her screaming

1 Like

There [used to be?] an option to mute error speech (e.g., “I can’t cast that right now” or “I need a target” etc.) but I don’t think that would affect the grunts and screams. Warrs just kinda do that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Warriors love to shout and scream and be loud and obnoxious. You’ll have to live with it.

4 Likes

I was going to ask why I never notice this on any of my characters but if it’s a Warrior thing that makes sense. I never play Warrior.

1 Like

Your character’s face looks much more high res than other ones and is an option I’ve never seen before for NE. Is it new or something?

I will gladly trade that for a /doom emote

He got a skin peeling and a reapplication by this cute gnome, as well as I and many other night elves ^.^

(Idk if night warrior changes the looks of the face tho :p)

5 Likes

I guarantee your void elf isn’t nearly as bad as a female Orc. There was an addon that removed most of the loud grunts, but it stopped working when this expansion came out. So I am looking for the same thing.

2 Likes
  1. Play a dude instead.

2. Ctrl+S

3. Mute voices in the sound options.

Those are your options that I’m aware of without modding game files. Which is a no-no.

You should hear the loud fart noise I drop a sigil on the ground

4 Likes

Excuse you.

3 Likes

Apparently you haven’t heard the battlesquawk of a female Blood Elf. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if there is a setting under Sound that controls your character’s chatter. I know there is a global Sound check that turns off all the sound in the game. Handy while streaming music.

4 Likes

You can turn off all game sound if you really want. Just mute the sounds and listen to music well you plsy.

1 Like

Go Orc. Problem solved.

1 Like

Instead of cute grunts it’s ugly grunts then.

1 Like

nooo female orcs are cute

I think that is a universal warrior thing. All three if mine, orc, troll and worgen do it.