Silenced Players Can’t Apply to Groups?

This is new?
Interesting if it is :thinking:

Are you trolling?

Both of you have claimed PLAYERS have posted they were punished. I’m not interested in Blizzards nonsense.

Provide what you claim exists, or admit it doesn’t. It’s just that simple.

Told ya…

And we are the ones that are trolling… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

the silence system should be removed, we have a ignore feature for a reason.

1 Like

Finally. I hope so.

1 Like

My guild has had people get a “ban” from mass reporting

(ironically, there’s so much misinformation in that reddit post, i’m not sure why you’d choose to believe ANYTHING random joe on the internet says)

2 Likes

There is a problem.

You’re talking to people. You can be civil.
You wouldn’t say that irl, this is some issue that you get from being on pc too much and forgetting how to interact with people.

2 Likes

So you provide a post of a guy asking if it can be punished, after some of his guildies got a “ban” (they got silenced by people mass reporting)

Yeah I’m done you’re clearly trolling.

I kind of doubt this will be an issue. I mean it was rough to get people to simply remove an AFK person.

Giving people a time out is a good thing - that said I hope if someone appeals their silence and it’s found they were silenced for no good reason - the people that caused it receive appropriate punishment (unlikely).

1 Like

Same. Might chat with the two people in my friends list that still play, but other than that I hardly ever talk to anyone in game. Probably used trade chat once in the last 10 years also lol.

I’m probably the biggest “shill” here and I don’t even believe this.

2 Likes

I’ve never been silenced in my life, never been toxic enough in game to warrant anyone reporting me (at least not enough to get silenced or banned), here on the forums is a different story, I don’t need a forum account to play the game.

But if I get silenced because some WoW players are that salty they will report you for any reason, than I will be here to complain. Now knowing there is a way to keep that player out of LFG, players will definitely spam report someone they don’t like.

And to give you an example, the other day I done an M16, failed, players were pulling additional mobs for me and than called me a bad tank who doesn’t know the route. Re-run at M15 and we timed it on the exact same route with everyone just whacking whatever I was. First run, no doubt one of them would have hit report to try and silence me to get me out of LFG.

clearly you’re seeing something different to what i’m seeing.

from what i can see, and from what Orlyia says later in the thread, it appears that the account actions in question, were from people in the ops guild mass reporting.

not from people mass reporting players in their guild.

but even if that’s not the case, what’s your problem with the reddit post?
it says exactly what you want to hear.
words from players, about people being actioned for false reports.

UPDATE: Our SL was unbanned and the people who falsely reported him received a temp ban.

indeed, you are.

you ask for stuff, it’s given to you, and you still want to do the “YEAH, BUT NAH!” thing. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely a dumb idea. Will be super easy to abuse and tbh…People need to just grow a spine.

Yeah folks that can’t handle consequences for their actions need to grow one.

3 Likes

How would he know that? Blizzard NEVER shares details of other people’s punishments. If he’s saying Blizzard told him they banned the guy he flat out lied.

Again you STILL haven’t shown one post of someone saying THEY got punished for falsely reporting. THIS is what you said happens all the time on the customer service forums. This is what you continually fail to show.

Praise in public correct in private. Help people don’t bring them down. The overall in game experience will improve.

1 Like

Calm down snitch.

:violin: :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Im guessing you have been told to heal more. It’s okay, only way to learn is by tough love. Chin up.