Silenced Players Can’t Apply to Groups?

That’s exactly what happens on these forums. I’ve had posts restored dozens of times because people report what they dislike, whether it’s a TOS violation or not.

I do know that system has to kick you from the game to disable the chat engine. As for the other stuff, I have never been actioned in game.

I guess you missed my previous post about people getting in trouble abusing the reporting system coming to the CS forums all the time whining they got caught. It’s not like they are getting away with it scot free,

The forums are a different breed of horse than in-game.

Link, ONE post on the CS forums where someone claims this.

Even if it exists I don’t believe them but I’ll at least believe you at that point.

Yes, false reporters should get an exponentially worse punishment for blatant false reporting. If anyone is going to argue what “blatant false reporting” is, I think any functional individual can think what that means.

Then there was this

I’ll see if I can find more

The actual wowhead article

1 Like

That’s nice to see. I hope it only continues with silences soon to heavily impact the player experience further.

I’d be content with false reporters simply receiving the exact same punishment that they intended to inflict on another person via the false report. A possible exception that might merit even worse punishment is when a number of people (ex., an entire guild) clearly conspire against someone by all issuing false reports on him/her at the same time.

the ONLY time that will happen, is when someone is adamant that they were falsely silenced, and are raging about blah blah censorship and freedom of speech and a number of other things which are completely irrelevant.

if someone wants to ask a question about policies or how things work, there would be absolutely no reason for anyone to look up anything.

a person who has never had an account action can ask questions.
if there’s no dirt to dig, there’s no beans to spill.

3 Likes

you are silenced within 1 to 2 secs. it don’t matter whether wrong or right that comes later. tell someone to get you silenced see how long it takes you will understand the rest comes later. there was stuff all over forums when they introduced this silence system it was proven it’s automated and the rest comes later.

Its not a true ‘silence’ but a squall until you are reviewed. A squall will not give you a mark on your account if it is deemed unwarranted.

Toast me daddy!

I highly suspect that will do nothing. Usually it’s full grown adults acting like children, so the school days will change nothing.

1 Like

i don’t care about that mark i been to 6 month ban and silence it’s the fact when your squalled your silenced same thing you can’t do nothing. if i can’t group with my guild or whatever i’m just unsubbing til over if i’m playing.

I think you need to read up on how the system actually works. Cheers.

1 Like

Nope, I have been reportbombed by toxic premades and was instantly kicked and silenced with an email explaining I was silenced due to the reports. No temp squelch, no ‘a gm has reviewed…’ blah blah.

If a CS tells you they are manually reviewed they are actually just lying to you like Ion repeatedly lies about their plans.

1 Like

I can’t ever see this backfiring

Those are posts from Blizzard agents claiming the unprovable. “We totally punish these guys! Don’t worry! Nevermind that we have to prove ill intent which is nearly impossible unless they’re dumb enough to say on one of our mediums Hey! I’m false reporting you so you get banned! Nelson HAHA Also nevermind we have a policy of not sharing punishment details so you’ll never actually be able to see that we did something, you’ll just have to trust us winky face

Besides, YOU said

Not one of those is a person who claims they got punished.

People have been punished for this. Because Blizzard logs everything you do.

1 Like

This thread is Talk-Sick