Silence because i killed a someone bots squad or killing alliance is considered abuse in chat

hello readers i was Silence for 7 days for Abuse chat, 1 day after phase 3 was launch. it happen during midnight after one of my character was killed over and over again by alliance. kinda got tried of it then again it was a PVP server on living flames so i hop on my shaman to kill Alliance players only saying i was going to kill any alliance {i never stated any racism/slur remarks just killing only alliance never threaten any player with real harm in general chat}. someone told me that i just needed to hug the other faction but i proceed on hunting alliance in the open world then i killed a player who had a bots squad. i then got a email that my account was Silence for 7 days for Abuse chat by players for abusive language. i tried to appeal cause this i don’t know if this was my first offensive and got the usual copy & paste response of “its my account my responsibility” doubt they even check what i said in the chat logs. they possible just took who ever reported my character as true and slap me the 7 day silence without thoroughly seeing what i said to be abusive language. now I’m kind of afraid that i might be Silence for even longer period or suspended or ban if i even dare kill a bot, win a loot roll or possible saying something dumb like “it sure is a nice day in Orgimmer today” to where my account might be terminated. i want to try too appeal if they can reverse my account unflag if someone trys to abuse getting my account in trouble but might be told the something or just Ignore my ticket. didn’t know that saying killing alliance is classified as abuse chat only said it like 3-4 times in chat but then again it could be seen as annoying. i don’t know what to do. doubt a real gamemaster could’ve checked my logs and seen weather my action was deemed as 7 day silence or not.
Thanks for listening to my WOW Ted talk

A Blizzard GM will always investigate before applying account action.

Now the other thing to remember is - the infraction would have happened well before what you say it was. Why? Because it takes time for the report to reach a GM, and takes time for the investigation.

You weren’t actioned for killing bots.

You were actioned for abusive chat, and that would have happened days, a week or longer before the silence was applied.

7 Likes

Okay, I don’t normally do this, but I had ChatGPT fix that up and make it a little more readable:

Hello readers, I was silenced for 7 days for abusive chat, 1 day after phase 3 was launched. It happened during midnight after one of my characters was killed over and over again by Alliance. I kinda got tired of it, but then again, it was a PVP server on Living Flames. So, I hopped on my Shaman to kill Alliance players, only stating that I was going to kill any Alliance (I never stated any racist/slur remarks, just killing only Alliance, never threatened any player with real harm in general chat).

Someone told me that I just needed to hug the other faction, but I proceeded to hunt Alliance in the open world. Then I killed a player who had a bots squad. I then got an email that my account was silenced for 7 days for abusive chat by players for abusive language. I tried to appeal because I don’t know if this was my first offense and got the usual copy & paste response of “it’s my account, my responsibility”. I doubt they even checked what I said in the chat logs. They possibly just took whoever reported my character as true and slapped me with the 7-day silence without thoroughly seeing what I said to be abusive language.

Now I’m kind of afraid that I might be silenced for an even longer period or suspended or banned if I even dare to kill a bot, win a loot roll, or possibly say something dumb like “it sure is a nice day in Orgrimmar today” where my account might be terminated. I want to try to appeal if they can reverse my account flag if someone tries to abuse getting my account in trouble, but I might be told the same thing or just ignored my ticket.

I didn’t know that saying killing Alliance is classified as abusive chat; I only said it like 3-4 times in chat, but then again, it could be seen as annoying. I don’t know what to do. I doubt a real gamemaster could’ve checked my logs and seen whether my action was deemed as 7-day silence or not.

Thanks for listening to my WoW Ted talk.

Now to address your post, killing someone you believe may be botting (you can only guess as we do not have proof as players), will not get you silenced.

Something that you posted in chat would have resulted in people (using unique battle.net accounts) reporting your chat, resulting in a temporary squelch.

Once a GM looks at a squelch, they determine whether a silence or further account action is necessary. These are done by humans, as are appeals.

You’re welcome to appeal it again until you are told no further appeals will be viewed.

10 Likes

sorry about the poor constructive spelling but yeah my Silence duration just ended today couldn’t really say anything in a wow forum for 7 days until like right now. i dont know if appealing to be unflag on my account is possible since i heard it just stack/double per action that is met. also dont know if on good behavior or what not does my past action become a thing of the past

If your appeal is successful, then the mark on your account is removed. It’s important to appeal if no rules were broken. People do make mistakes and that does include GMs from time to time.

Nope, it does not. They stay there indefinitely.

6 Likes

i mean i haven’t said anything crazy like racist/slur/death threats or hateful remarks. just a bit of wacky words but its mostly the usual of “if it doesn’t offend one person then another is offend another” or something

… :thinking: I see Vrakthris is preparing a reply so I think this is what got you the silence perhaps?

7 Likes

which one of the appeal is it cause the only ones i tried but wasn’t successful are the Silence and the suspended/ban appeals 7 days ago when i got the silence

If you’re asking which ticket option to use, it would be this one:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

4 Likes

i mean i did my time and if i deserve it then i deserve it

It seems to be, which is why it was a week silence and not a week+ suspension.

That isn’t how that works. A report by itself doesn’t really do much if what is reported isn’t found to violate our policies.

Now, based on a volume of reports an account could be given a temporary squelch, this is in place to address those who spam gold selling and other illicit sites and services, but that is not what happened here.

In your case, Brokenpc, the first thing that stands out is your use of profanity in the General public chat channel, asking a question about a Big Mc…

Prior to that, and this was a little farther out but I felt it worth mentioning, you were also in public chat using some problematic language involving “chicks”.

I hope that clears it up.

11 Likes

i mean if i said it on the classic season of discovery living flames server on NA possible don’t remember what was Big Mc… i said but the “chicks” part i can put two and two together there. i mean if it bad then saying in chat: kill the alliance then i can see why the 7 day Silence was justified

You weren’t penalized for saying anything about the Alliance or about killing them.

The Big Mc line was asking a question about what people would do, and it wasn’t “to buy” or “to eat”. I can’t really be clearer there on the forums, but I see you have ticket option so I’ll make sure that we can provide clarity there.

17 Likes