Sigryn - Mage Tower

Any rets been able to complete this yet? My best is 45% so far. When the bladestorm happens during the ancient power cast by Sigryn and Valks are flying through it just overwhelms me.

2 Likes

I gave it a good handful of attempts, but decided to not bother today because I just straight up wasn’t having fun with it at all. Having to run around to dodge val’kyr, step on runes on the ground, interrupt Sigryn, and break a shield to interrupt a cast, all at the same time, was a big “Is this even worth it?” moment for me.

I’ll probably go back, but for now… meh.

I’ve PB’d at 40%.
It really feels bad having worse movement than the first time around so I’m hoping the timers on the shield/valkyr/runes gets increased so we have time to position a bit more and then I think it’ll be ok

My best attempt yet was 50%, it got to a point where I was getting all 3 enrages at the same time+Runes+Val’kyr. I don’t remember having to deal with that back in Legion so I feel like there has to be something wrong with the timers.

I’ve even had some instances where I’ve had runes not go away even after stepping on them, also times where they’ve spawned 4x in a row right after the other…pretty fun on a wheelchair class

4 Likes

I’ve PB’d at around just over 50% I’d say. kinda rough ngl

Update for earlier, just got the kill. Only have to get Sig to 20% which is nice. I used flask, mastery food, augment rune, sharpening stone, strength+drums on pull. You can use a warlock stone but I didn’t have one for my kill.

Talents I used Zeal, Blade of Wrath, Cavalier, Seraphim, Selfless Healer, Final Reckoning.

Hard casting Flash of Light isn’t the worst idea and always group them to aoe works really well if you save Wake of Ashes/Sera for the shield you have to break.

GOODLUCK!

Edit: for gear nothing special just used my normal stuff

3 Likes

Nice job. So you just cleave all 3 with divine storm then and dont use repentance to cc Sig?

Yeah I feel like repent is a must have for sig alone

Yeah you still need to repent Sig when she starts to do her Ancient Power cast.

Okay, i just did it! Few things to note;

Talents: Zeal, Blade of Wrath, Repentance, Cavalier, Divine Purpose, Healing Hands, Final Reckoning

1. Always be cleaving if you can! Set Sigryn as your focus and always be cleaving on to her if she does not have the Blood buff
  2. Slow Jarl, then when Hindrance falls of, Stun him during his berserk phases.
  3. Save your BoP and Bubble for the final 1.5 minutes, you’re going to need it for bad overlap etc.
  4. If you do not have to use steed for runes, do not. Save as many steed charges as possible. I found it better to drop everything and walk to the runes rather than burning a steed to hurry through them.

Macros that are hugely helpful

Slow Jarl
/target Jarl Velbran
/cast Hand of Hindrance
/targetlasttarget

Stunning Jarl
/target Jarl Velbrand
/cast Hammer of Justice
/targetlasttarget

Sigryn Repentance
/target Sigryn
/cast Repentance
/targetlasttarget

Hope this helps! Message me if you want any further help!

6 Likes

One tip. Be aggressive with damage.

I actually didn’t know it even had an enrage timer in Legion. Push damage at every chance. If you’re seeing triple empowers chained, that means the fight is about to enrage.

When I did beat it, I didn’t even see a triple empower.

3 Likes

Just got it down, took like 6 hours of attempts with all the flasks food and drums… I did it with santified wrath and divine purpose… kinda sketchy at the end if you don’t watch the positioning of Sig with repent on him… but yeah, biggest take away is: Maximize your dmg as much as you can, that means trying to cleave all three as much as possible until later on when the dmg is to high to have em out of repentance…

GL Ret people, it’s very hard and a tight dps check, but it’s possible… and because it’s possible its VERY rewarding to complete. Do it before the nerfs :smiley:

I agree with you, my best was 35% but then all the mechanics combined, the runes+valkyr+the fury of that warrior

No, you still have to repent Sig, the trick is to hit Sig with repent before she finishes her cast, that way you can attack her right away without her using her ability.

3 Likes

I was just trying this out before my lunch break ended. I’ve been doing what worked for me back in legion and just cleaving on rune carver and Jarl mostly… But the last attempt I took all 3 of them on (outside of syg CC’s) and made it the furthest.

Oh and I threw on some crap gear I haven’t vendered yet and got 19%haste up from my usual 15. Made a big deference breaking the shield with no wings.

Hated it. Best thing I did was download a DBM addon with Mage Tower Timers. You’d be surprised how much easier it is to manage all the stuff with timers ticking down and a guy yelling “BEWARE” in your ear. Literally got it down the pull after downloading.

1 Like

i found it far easier to kite enrages and whirlwinds and to save stun for sig casts. once i swapped to doing it that way it took me like 2 attempts. rep takes too long on the interupt and can screw you with movement.

1 Like

I completed it today. This fight is NOT overturned at all. It felt overtuned for the first attempts because I realized the fight is quite different to the original mage tower challenge. This is a dps check fight. You need to kill Jarl at around 5min otherwise it gets very very dicy. It’s all about the right strat and shouldn’t be nerfed at all. I checked my logs and about 75% of my damage is Divine Storm followed by Wake of Ashes. So learn how to group them up and Divine Storm and Wake of Ashes as much as possible. Use Final Reckoning for the Faljar Shield dps check mechanic and make sure you build up some holy power before. only use holy power for emergency healing. A good cue for upcoming the shield mechanic is when Jarl starts to follow you around.

Get a stopwatch timer weakaura and use the one in method raid tools addon. The trickiest points are the 3:45min and 5:00 min marker where Jarl and Sigryn have their cast back to back plus you will have runes to run to. So Repentance Sygrin at 3:45-3:50 window and same thing with the 5min marker. It’s hard to get this timing right because you’re quite distracted with runes, valkeries etc.

Faljar will follow you when you interrupt her cast. That’s how you get him follow you to Jarl. And Sigryn you have to break out of the repentance right AFTER she you hear Blood of the father spell which is actually not going off because she is CCed, but you will still hear it. She will then follow you as well. Jarl sometimes doesn’t move at all and there is nothing you can do about it. So you have to bring Sigryn and Faljar near Jarl. Then Divine Storm, Wake of Ashes as much as possible.

Use Avenging Wrath pretty much as soon as it becomes available again. It lined up perfectly for me. Hold the 3rd available Avenging Wrath right after the major mechanics are over. That time window between major mechanics is your last big burn phase, group them up and blast. Use any major defensive CDs, health pot so you don’t waste holy power for healing. If Jarl isn’t dead before the 5min marker you HAVE to be ready to use hindrance on him or stun or shield of vengeance. At minute 5 you have to repentance Sigryn and stay away from Jarl until his mechanic is over if you don’t have stun availabe. Don’t worry about damage. Just live, dodge, heal, hindrance Jarl if he is enraged. You will get one last challenge where Faljar’s shield needs to get broken right after this. Final Reckoning and try to get at least Jarl or Sigryn in it. Heal, dps, heal, dps. This is where Jarl has to die. If not your dps is too low. Either your gear is too low or not enough buffs. Get everything you can to buff you up. And practice managing to group up the 3 bosses as much as possible while you’re moving to runes or the gap between valkyries. I fully sent it on my 3rd avenging wrath with pot and drums. Remember, the drums last 40 seconds which will help you break Faljar’s shield after the 5min marker. I suggest you use [Potion of Prolonged Power] because it lasts for a whole minute and it should help you getting over the hump. But you can also fully send it at pull. Try out both and decide for your own.

Don’t panic after Jarl dies. If you haven’t finished the fight by the 5:30 marker you need to repentance Sigryn again. Then it’s literally basic mechanics. Once Jarl’s enrage and hammer mechanics are gone the fight is super easy.

Hi OP & others. I just finished ret pal MT tonight.

Some advice for those struggling would be to try and pre-cast your repentance on Sigryn, and break her out as soon as you hear her say: “The power of my father’s blood flows through me!” so that you can get back to cleaving all three as soon as possible. DBM challenge mode timers can help you land your reps at the perfect time like @Mathalt said.

Encounter is very tight fit dps wise, at least in my case it was. Best of luck.

1 Like

I completed it yesterday. This fight is NOT overtuned at all. It felt overtuned for the first attempts because I realized the fight is quite different from the original mage tower challenge. This is a dps check fight. You need to kill Jarl at around 5min otherwise it gets very very dicy. It’s all about the right strat and shouldn’t be nerfed at all. I checked my logs and about 75% of my damage is Divine Storm followed by Wake of Ashes. So learn how to group them up and Divine Storm and Wake of Ashes as much as possible. Use Final Reckoning for the Faljar Shield dps check mechanic and make sure you build up some holy power before. only use holy power for emergency healing. A good cue for the upcoming shield mechanic is when Jarl starts to follow you around.

Get a stopwatch timer weakaura and use the one in method raid tools addon. The trickiest points are the 3:45min and 5:00 min marker where Jarl and Sigryn have their cast back to back plus you will have runes to run to. So Repentance Sygrin at 3:45-3:50 window and same thing with the 5min marker. It’s hard to get this timing right because you’re quite distracted with runes, valkeries etc.

Faljar will follow you when you interrupt her cast. That’s how you get him follow you to Jarl. And Sigryn you have to break out of the repentance right AFTER she you hear Blood of the father spell which is actually not going off because she is CCed, but you will still hear it. She will then follow you as well. Jarl sometimes doesn’t move at all and there is nothing you can do about it. So you have to bring Sigryn and Faljar near Jarl. Then Divine Storm, Wake of Ashes as much as possible.

Use Avenging Wrath pretty much as soon as it becomes available again. It lined up perfectly for me. Hold the 3rd available Avenging Wrath right after the major mechanics are over. That time window between major mechanics is your last big burn phase, group them up and blast. Use any major defensive CDs, health pot so you don’t waste holy power for healing. If Jarl isn’t dead before the 5min marker you HAVE to be ready to use hindrance on him or stun or shield of vengeance. At minute 5 you have to repentance Sigryn and stay away from Jarl until his mechanic is over if you don’t have stun availabe. Don’t worry about damage. Just live, dodge, heal, hindrance Jarl if he is enraged. You will get one last challenge where Faljar’s shield needs to get broken right after this. Final Reckoning and try to get at least Jarl or Sigryn in it. Heal, dps, heal, dps. This is where Jarl has to die. If not your dps is too low. Either your gear is too low or not enough buffs. Get everything you can to buff you up. And practice managing to group up the 3 bosses as much as possible while you’re moving to runes or the gap between valkyries. I fully sent it on my 3rd avenging wrath with pot and drums. Remember, the drums last 40 seconds which will help you break Faljar’s shield after the 5min marker. I suggest you use [Potion of Prolonged Power] because it lasts for a whole minute and it should help you getting over the hump. But you can also fully send it at pull. Try out both and decide for your own.

Don’t panic after Jarl dies. If you haven’t finished the fight by the 5:30 marker you need to repentance Sigryn again. Then it’s literally basic mechanics. Once Jarl’s enrage and hammer mechanics are gone the fight is super easy.