Sigh. Disappointed again (World Quests)

Along the way the quest text does tell a story.

Nope, In shadowlands I did Torghast at least to the point I was capable of with non group related content. Being a casual solo player I tend to do everything I want to do that I find enjoyable and ignore the rest. But the only other content right now is group content.

6 Likes

It’s almost like this proposed change was not universally popular with solo players.

1 Like

Yes:

“You don’t know what casual players like, and what they do or play. You don’t know their play style. Don’t even try to pretend that you know what activity they want to do in this game.”

You are welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m positive they gathered what was universally popular to solo players in less then 7 hours. A sample size of point of views in that meager time would probably get to 1% of the solo player population.

4 Likes

So you found all the treasures, killed all the soloable rares, got gold in all the races, been doing all the dailies (which are just the original WQs), etc.?

2 Likes

Actually the stories closely parallel other expansions. This is done so the quests can be regurgitated in the next expansion.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, currently I fly around on my mount looking for hidden goodies, but tbh thats getting a little boring.

I need some combat.

7 Likes

So back to staring at the same WQs for three days that I won’t do because they all offer the same helm reward? At least with daily WQs the rewards would change so I might get something I want to do.

14 Likes

There are self described solos who argued against dailies in the big thread. Enough to say that support for that change within the group you’re claiming to speak for, is not as overwhelming as you think it is.

3 Likes

There is no world content outside of world quests after you finish the quest chains indeed.

Dungeon farmers and raid runners get to spam run their content as much as they want, dungeon farmers even get loot every time. Raiders can do so and make tons of gold via boosts or just doing it again for fun.

There’s not even real ‘dailies’ anymore.

11 Likes

Que for a dungeon or turn on war mode. If you turn off your chat, it’s just like playing with npc’s.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I seen that.

One even said they are a solo player that raids.

Pause for a moment and tell me where the error is in that statement.

What part of solo player do you fail to understand? Granted I already do queue for dungeons begrungly because I have to in order to get loremaster. But yeah.

3 Likes

Raids have a weekly lock out so you can’t spam them and m+ doesn’t guarantee you a drop every time. I am disappointed they’re not going through with the change as well, but let’s not misrepresent what us dungeon farmers/raiders actually experience.

2 Likes

The point is, your post says something about not listening to solo players, when you mean they aren’t listening to you.

Because its illogical for a solo player to be against more frequent world content. Unless they have more Alts then they have DPS. But that is a bit of another player group entirely.

2 Likes

Infinite raid lockouts actually. Even for mythic you can get around that.

Kinda does.

Even the solo who is on a rotating work schedule and can only log in twice a week?

1 Like

Your mind is off if you feel like you “need” to do WQ just because there’s more available.
I WANT to do them because I want an idle distraction from time to time. I don’t even go out and do all of them I’m offered, but when I see one that has something I want, I’ll go do it.

More frequent WQ is a good thing. Un-maze your brain if you feel you’re compelled to do them.

8 Likes

I mean yes, unless the reason being is they want to hamstring everyone else to only be able to play as often as they do. They lose nothing over other players being able to do world quests.

6 Likes